Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Eyelash growth product
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Pablita
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

Can you recommend me a good eyelash product that is effective without changing the eye colour?

I know latisse is very effective but can turn light colour eyes darker. I have light blue eyes and dont want my eyes getting darker. I would love to find a product that can give me the same good results as latisse but without risking changing eye colour.
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
OP,

The following threads might be helpful:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=48644

https://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=34806

https://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=41492

https://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=33657&start=150

I hear that that iris color changes are most likely to occur in hazel-eyed individuals
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
Pablita - My eyes are blue and I've used Careprost for a few years with no changes to my eye color.
Be conscientious and keep the product along the lash line. It is use of the eye drops on a daily basis that cause change of eye color and even that is a rare occurrence. The way I look at it, there is a wide difference in product use between a swipe along the eyelashes and drops in the eyes. My aunt has used the eye drops and also did not experience color change to her green eyes.
Rapid lash might work great too - if you try it let us know how successful it was for you. Thanks. Sis

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks girls,

I am going to check the threads you gave me, and may give rapid lash a try.

I am a disaster with eyelash products i used one that you apply on the lash line called eye expert new peptin and i dont how how i always get some into my eyes. Thats why i am scared to try the ones that could change eye colour.
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
Pablita wrote:
Thanks girls,

I am going to check the threads you gave me, and may give rapid lash a try.

I am a disaster with eyelash products i used one that you apply on the lash line called eye expert new peptin and i dont how how i always get some into my eyes. Thats why i am scared to try the ones that could change eye colour.

You can also try using an eyelash conditioner.

From what I hear, eyelash conditioners tend to focus more on nourishing the eyelashes/follicles--versus providing length and volume.
Pablita
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
I have used eyelash conditioners mavala and talika with no results, the eyelashes looked kind of healthier but definetely not any longer or fuller
nekosen
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
I tried many before but when new eyelashes grow it's still the same length...
Pablita
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 05, 2014 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
I finally tried the lipocils expert, i had try the other lipocils talika has before and though i would give the expert one a try since i did not want to try any with prostraglandins, and this one i could buy it at the farmacy next door from my house and wont have to buy online and wait dor the product to arrive.
I have been using it 3 weeks, eyelashes seem somehow darker and a bit more curled and a tiny bit longer but nothing like what i see in the before and after pics of latisse.

But last week looking at my eyes i have found a small brown frewkle in my left eye, maybe i had it before and never saw it, even do i look myself in the mirror quite a lot, but i am getting a bit worry maybe the lipocils one can change the iris too?

For what i read google searching it does not contain prostraglandins and should not darken the iris. I emailed talika but no response from them.

Does anyone knows if is possible that talika lipocils can darken iris as a side effect?
Foxglove
5% products discount

Mon May 05, 2014 10:47 pm      Reply with quote
Pablita wrote:
I know latisse is very effective but can turn light colour eyes darker. I have light blue eyes and dont want my eyes getting darker.

From what I remember reading, blue-eyed individuals cannot experience the darkening of the iris because they do get contain the melanin to produce darker pigment. Only those with hazel eyes, green eyes, and possibly blue-green eyes have the potential to have darkened irises. Even that is not a guarantee that their eyes will darken; it just increases their chance.

I have been using Careprost (generic Latisse) for almost three years now, and no change in eye colour. My eyes are blue-green.
Pablita
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 06, 2014 9:31 am      Reply with quote
Mine are blue with some grey to it and an a green circle surrounding the pupil, the brown littlw freckle i have found is at the end of the green ring on my left eye. I obly have it in that eye
ade
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 09, 2014 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
I use a japanese product named "Scalp d Pure Free Eyelash". It's better than Talika.

I didn't have lower eyelashes at all before. After using it, I got a few!

And it's not so pricy as Rapidlash.

A friend of mine uses Rapidlash. It's really great, but a little expensive for me.
Foxglove
5% products discount

Sat May 10, 2014 12:15 am      Reply with quote
Pablita wrote:
Mine are blue with some grey to it and an a green circle surrounding the pupil, the brown littlw freckle i have found is at the end of the green ring on my left eye. I obly have it in that eye

Yup, that would be the place any brown dots would show (in the green area).
Pablita
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 10, 2014 8:30 am      Reply with quote
I am going to stop using the talika just in case even do at the pharmacy i bought it say it does not contain any prostraglandins and that is impossible the brown frewkle is due the product, but i dont want to risk, having my eyes turnig brown would be something horrible for me.

Does anyone knows if it is a way to get rid of the small iris frewkle?
Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:51 am      Reply with quote
I have a question on obtaining Careprost in the U.S. I've been using it for at least a year, with great results. Now that I need another refill, the only US sellers I can find are really expensive (like $45/$50US per bottle). It was $30US per bottle last time I bought it, probably in the spring. I know I can get it at alldaychemist but hesitate since others have had problems. So where are you all getting your Careprost? Any U.S. sellers that are still reasonable? Thanks for anyone who can help!
Chocolat
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:04 am      Reply with quote
HealthForce Nutritionals "Chlorella Manna" makes my eyelashes grow like crazy Rolling Eyes

http://ca.iherb.com/HealthForce-Nutritionals-Chlorella-Manna-10-58-oz-300-g/37600
havana8

Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
HealthForce Nutritionals "Chlorella Manna" makes my eyelashes grow like crazy Rolling Eyes

http://ca.iherb.com/HealthForce-Nutritionals-Chlorella-Manna-10-58-oz-300-g/37600

Have you tried any other chlorella products with the same effect, RS? I'm just wondering if any chlorella product might work. In any case, thanks for sharing that tip. Smile
LatteQueen
5% products discount

Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
Chocolat wrote:
I have a question on obtaining Careprost in the U.S. I've been using it for at least a year, with great results. Now that I need another refill, the only US sellers I can find are really expensive (like $45/$50US per bottle). It was $30US per bottle last time I bought it, probably in the spring. I know I can get it at alldaychemist but hesitate since others have had problems. So where are you all getting your Careprost? Any U.S. sellers that are still reasonable? Thanks for anyone who can help!
Chocolat

i purchase mine from Crystalbeauty 101 . it is made in India and i get mine for about 29.00 or u can get certain quantities for a certain amount. Dont know if u want to take that route , i am on my 2nd bottle and 14th week. I don't see that crazy, gotta cut my lashes cause they so long length yet...lol...no thickness at all for me just minute length right now..good luck

Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
There's a Facebook website that has Latisse/Careprost for $30/bottle or 4 for $100. You can go to Facebook, add extension ''/latisse.careprost'' to the URL link to see their page or look up Latisse Careerist on Facebook. It includes shipping, I just received 4 of them 2 days ago. Love it Very Happy Very Happy
tasha92337
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
Does Castor Oil help or is that a myth?

Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:11 am      Reply with quote
Hi - Does anyone know where I could purchase Lumigan or Careprost without prescription - I am in the UK- thank you
henri2398

Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:41 am      Reply with quote
I was searching over the net and I have found Idol Lash(website - eyelash-enhancer.net) – a product that is designed to grow eyelash. It will help you to achieve longer, darker, thicker eyelashes if applied regularly. However, there are several natural remedies such as using vaseline, castor oil, olive oil that will help you to get longer, darker and thicker eyelashes.
packofdogsmom
5% products discount

Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:37 am      Reply with quote
Look for products that contain

Myristoyl Pentapeptide-17,
Myristoyl Hexapeptide-16

generally, the less pricy ones contain the first only (Myristoyl Pentapeptide-17), like RapidLash, SmartLash Advanced, and will help.

If you can afford it, find products with BOTH, (like Priori, Hydropeptide) since they act synergistically.

None of these contain parabens,

And there is no danger to one's eyes!

Smile
Donna Allen

Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
My dad has a lot of latanoprost, so he gave me a bunch. They say it's like latisse, if so my eyelashes are sooo much longer. Dancing
4everYoungLV
5% products discount

Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
Haven't tried Latisse but have tried a few other things that work well. Currently using KeraCell, has stem cells in it and it's working well with no discoloration or any other issues. It's been a few weeks now and my lashes are thicker and longer. I'll post an update in a few weeks, I'm hoping it will get to a point where it looks like extensions!
Bunny1

Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hello there - I am new to this. However thought I would suggest a product to replace the overpriced Lilash. This product is incredibly much cheaper (around $14US for a 3mL bottle and brush). I have been using a product called Careprost. It contains Bimatropost as the active ingredient, normally used to treat Glaucoma sufferers. When treating these patients with the Bimatropost (Careprost) they found that the eyelashes grew longer, darker and thicker. It is also used for people who have been through chemotherapy and lost their eyelashes, eyebrows etc. My experience has been very positive. Similarly to Lilash there can be some side effects such as blurred vision, dry eyes, colour changes to iris and darkening of eyelids. I have very light blue eyes and it has NOT changed the colour of my eyes at all. I have had a slight darkening of the eyelids but for me I don't have to apply eyeshadow anymore - I like the look of a darker lid anyway. If you do decide to try it you should closely read the information that comes with the product to ensure you are fully informed. I have had no negative side effects. I put one drop on each eyelid each night before bed. That way if it does slightly affect my vision, I am sleeping anyway...good luck and hope it works as well for you too!! Cheers - Tanya
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:48 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |