Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Calling all skincare experts!Whats best for uneven skin tone
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ellie213
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi can anyone recommend what would be more effective for uneven skin tone and general aging issues like fine lines on forehead and eyes.

I have been using ce ferulic in the morning and skinceuticals retinol in the evening which is working ok. ive not seen any improvements for a while so was thinking to start dermarolling

or would I be better off trying something new like md formulations glycolic acid, and illuminating serum? thanks for your help
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
Retin A was the single best thing I did for my skin. A lot of people swear by Retin-A plus Obagi here, which I also really like for this, but I think Retin-A is the real star.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:34 am      Reply with quote
I like glycolic acid for removing dead skin layers. Definitely exfoliation can help make the skin look younger.

I haven't tried Retin A for fear of it making my dry skin worse.

I'm also still using my Revlon Skinlights powder. It adds a nice glow to my skin, taking years off.
Crystena

Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
For evening out skin tone I'm using Meladerm right now. Its my first time trying it and they have a money back guarantee in case you dislike it. I'm using it off & on because I like to acclimate my sensitive skin to new products and my skin's particularly sensitive right now (allergies) but that being said its a pretty gentle cream. Despite my on/off use of it I do see lightening and I think its promising especially w/ cont'd use.

I also have FutureDerm time release retinol 0.5 which is gentle and makes the skin feel soft and kinda "new" if that makes sense. There's an immediate brightening effect the morning after but it doesn't exactly last. For evening out it helps mildly more in the long term I think, but it is suppose to be good for fine lines though mine are slight and I haven't used the product very consistently in that regards.

Hope that helps
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:49 am      Reply with quote
Hi ellie213 Smile I am no expert on skin care but the only advice I can give is for you to protect your skin by using sunscreen every single day.
Use whatever you want to use on your skin, and if the product is not working for you right now, change it, try another brand. Normally (I think) you can see the results in 3-6 months. Hope this helps.
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:16 am      Reply with quote
I second exfoliation.

Look into lactic acid and glycolic acid peels.

MakeUpArtistshoice has several such peels
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
Here's the link to MakeUpArtistsChoice's website:

http://www.makeupartistschoice.com/At-Home-Chemical-Peels_c_53.html
Crystena

Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:21 am      Reply with quote
Definitely exfoliation is important. I don't use acids though as they have always made my skin too raw even gentle ones.

I use a product called Cure, it's a Japanese brand I came across on amazon and it had a lot of good reviews of people saying it was really gentle but got off a lot of dead skin and it does. It recommends to use it 2-3 times a week but I've been able to use it several days in a row without problems, though you can over use it like any exfoliating product.

You message it on your skin and the dead skin starts to ball up and you pretty much rub off the dead skin.

Hears the ingredient list if your interested, I thought I'd post it since amazon is not always good at making that easily viewable on their website:

water (activated hydrogen water, non-acidic and purified), glycerin, acrylates/C10-30, alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, dicocodimonium, chloride, steartrimonium bromide, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, gingko biloba extract, rosmarinus officinalis/rosemary leaf extract, butylene glycol.
Benette08
5% products discount

Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:50 am      Reply with quote
Glycolic acid is good. Peeling may not be visible but you will see the results. You may also want to try kojic acid and glutathione soap. You may combine these soaps for faster result. You can also try pills that may even your skin tone like glutathione pills or injectables.
dantiva

Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:25 am      Reply with quote
I'm looking to even out the tone of my skin, i've been trying to stick to just natural products but th eone i'm using seems quite slow to work. i'm trying sweet sensation toner. Has anyone else used this, and did it work? I've been using it for about 6 weeks now. Thanks.
Godess

Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
Regular microdermabrasion treatments at the local medical spa has helped me a lot.
bayleaf8

Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with Godess....Microderm can help with sun damage, fine lines and removes dead cells that prevent your products from fully being absorbed.
I use a home microderm unit that I can use 1-2 times weekly. It is from BeautiControl.
I use all their anti-aging products and it has made a big difference in my skin.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:30 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |