Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Joey New York - Lip Perks in Brazilian Coffee
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
This is something that I would not have purchased myself, but having tried it I am really grateful to EDS for including it in my last order

I have used pencil lipstick formulations before (*ages* ago) and they never agreed with me. Perhaps this is because I was just unlucky in picking a good brand, but I always had a problem with them dragging on the lips (i.e. being too hard) or just not lasting at all.

The Joey NY Lip Perks pencil has a lipstick on one end and a lip gloss on the other. When I first tried it, I didn't realise how soft it would be and I consequently made myself look like a clown by putting on too much Laughing Both the lipstick and the lipgloss are very smooth and go on like a dream on the lips. No tugging at all! It took me a few times to get the application right, mainly because of the color. I tend to disagree with the description of "Dark caramel with a hint of pink" for the lipstick part of the Brazilian Coffee pencil. To me this is a brown color. The description of the lipgloss color (i.e. "Light mauvey-pink with a hint of shimmer") is pretty much spot on although I think it's a tad darker than "light" depending on how much you put on. I quickly learnt that these were quite pigmented and that the lipstick end followed by the lipgloss end on me (pale skin) just looks plain scary. So at first, even though I was really positively surprised by the texture of these, I was disappointed because I though I got a shade that just wasn't suitable for me. However, I played around with it some more and I discovered that the best way for me to use this is to either just use the gloss end, or use the gloss FIRST and then dab a bit of the lipstick end on it to make it a bit darker. I actually thought it looked quite nice but I am convinced now as I had already got two comments (one when my mum saw me, one from a co-worker) on how lovely my lips look Very Happy These came when I was wearing the gloss with lipstick dabbed over the top.

Overall, these are quite versatile not just because you have the lipstick and the gloss in one but also because you can vary the intensity of the color by how much you put on. I.e. the color is buildable. I am also pleased to say that this lasts well on the lips although, clearly, it's not in the same category as long lasting lipstick. On a final note, I am under the impression that these Lip Perks are supposed to have a coffee flavour. The description says "Double-sided jumbo pencils in divine colours with sumptuous exotic coffee flavours". Now, I'm not a coffee connoisseur but I really can't taste any coffee! Eh? Not that it really matters I suppose, I wasn't planning on sitting down and eating my lipstick pencil anyway....
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:54 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |