Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

help: ugly, dry feet
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Fri Mar 25, 2005 5:48 am      Reply with quote
Hi Carrie,

Wow, thank you so much! About to PM you Wink

Mabsy
skybaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:29 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

I have located a place to purchase pedikur.

qvcuk.com. Unfortunately, they do not ship to the US.
Mabsy

Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:31 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks SkyBaby. Surely, there must be some place that ships overseas! Mind you, now that I see how much it is I'm in less of a hurry to get it Laughing
Scout
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 27, 2005 7:25 am      Reply with quote
Anyone know the active ingredients? I got some eardrops yesterday and can't help but think we could find something similar to Pedikur to use, too Very Happy Wink
freefall2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:02 am      Reply with quote
ayasmom wrote:
Quote:
ok freefall2 I almost peed in my pants when you said to use the dremel next...I almost died and everyone here at work is looking at me like I was crazy...

I tried the dremel and it works like a dream. The palm sander is faster but the dremel is more precise and much quieter. I need a different tip for it though, the one I have is mostly used up. I didn't come up with this idea. When I was in Canada last summer a friend who is an aesthetician came by the house to give us pedicures. She pulled out a dremel looking tool, put on a surgical mask and went to work on our feet!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hi freefall2, since your last post about the sander and the dremel, a friend of mine says she goes to a guy who does her feet and he also uses a dremel! I guess it is like those wand type things they sell in stores for at-home manicures and pedicures, only on steroids Laughing I think the next time she goes, I'm going to join her. Joani
skybaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
Well, since I wasn't able to purchase Pedikur I went to Sephora yesterday in search of a foot cream. I ended up purchasing the DDF Pedi Cream and it really seems to work,
Scout
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 27, 2005 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Skybaby, mind posting the ingredients?
skybaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
Here are the ingredients for DDF Pedi-Cream

Water, Glycolic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Alkyl Benzonate, Amonium Hydroxide, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Sorbitol, Glycerin. PEG-100 Stearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Beeswax, Octyl Palmitate, Petrolatum, Dimethicone. Shea Butter, Propylene, Glycol, Polysorbate 80, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Proplyparaben, Mentha Viridis Leaf Oil, Menthol.

Ingredients sound like they should be drying but this worked better than Urea 40(which is the highest concentrate and supposed to be the best for dry cracked skin) which I had by a prescription.
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:15 am      Reply with quote
I love the Bath & Body Works Shea Butter Foot Creams. They have a couple different versions depending on how dry your feet are. And they are affordable!!!! Smile

Lori
Scout
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:56 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, Skybaby Very Happy
stephie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:24 pm      Reply with quote
sorry, I hadn't checked in on this forum for about a week, but I just ordered the Luxor diamond pedicure wand online...I'm sooo exited!!!!! I can't wait to try it out and post a review.

my achy feet need some revitilization.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:18 am      Reply with quote
FYI - when I went to the Beauty Store yesterday to buy Mabsy’s Luxor Diamond Pedicure Wand, they were completely sold out (somebody must’ve read my head-to-head comparison/review and made a bee-line for the store)!!

But I found *yet another* diamond foot file that looks identical in every way to my Luxor Pedi-wand except the handle on my Luxor is black and the handle Mabsy’s “Ms. Manicure Diamond Dust Pedicure Wand” is purple...the “Ms. Manicure” version was even $2USD cheaper than my Luxor!!

Anyway, I bought the very last “Ms. Manicure” diamond pedi-wand that they had in the store and I’ll be shipping to off to Oz if the substitute meets with Mabsy’s approval, but I wanted to let the rest of you know, in case you’re not able to locate a Luxor near you....
Scout
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
I ended up buying 3 Luxor wands--they were only 2.99 each Very Happy Can't wait!

I'm giving the other two to my buds. Thanks Mabsy
Mabsy

Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:41 am      Reply with quote
red77 - I think you mean Carrie, but at least now we know why Carrie couldn't get a Luxor for me - you're hogging them all! Laughing

Carrie - thanks so much for getting the Ms. Manicure! I love purple and the name is kinda cute too Smile About to email you.

Btw, I just saw my friend's feet on the weekend and he was using *razors* to take off the dead skin (it ended in a lot of pain and limping). I'll have to get him something but I think he'd refuse to use the Ms. Manicure with a purple handle to boot! Laughing
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:03 am      Reply with quote
My homemade handcream works wonders on feet too Smile
My foot guy told me (can't spell the technical name) get two cheap buckets fill one with hot water, one with cold.
Plunge your feet into the cold once, then the hot, then the cold - good for the circulation.
Then moisturise, he said I should moisturise my feet the same number of times I do my face.
stephie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
the instructions for these “diamond” foot files specifically state they should be used on DRY feet and should not be “autoclaved” (I think that means the sterlizer stuff that your hairdresser soaks her brushes/combs in or maybe its some kind of “super oven” that kills germs with heat??).

yaay! I finally received my Luxor diamond pedicure wand today! However normally I use my pedicure file in the shower, because I heard it preps the skin by softening it. So I just wanted to double check, whether or not the diamond file should not be used 'wet'? Isn't it painful if you file on dry skin?

someone please help clarify, thanks!
Scout
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
Very Happy There were some left---honest!

I got mine a couple of days ago. I'm experimenting. I've only used it on one foot. So far it's pretty smooth--my arm gets tired Laughing I do a little each night.

Thanks for the recommendation Smile
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:42 am      Reply with quote
Diamond foot files give the best results on CLEAN, DRY FEET -- regardless of what the instructions on the package might say!!!! And no, it doesn't hurt at all. In fact, it’s quite satisfying/thrilling to watch the nasty, horrid callouses be transformed into white powder right before your very eyes and know that when you’re done, your feet are going to be as soft and smooth as they were back when you were in the cradle!!
ella_stella
5% products discount

Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:18 am      Reply with quote
I don't know about olive oil - it's 2 thick to penetrate the skin. It might give you a quick fix but if you want to use oil use something thinner like grapeseed, peach kernel or sweet almond oil. IMO the best thing to do is soak your feet in hot soapy water, exfoliate the area and while the exfoliator is still on rasp any hard skin (not too much or you will expose fresh skin) then apply oil or cream and a paraffin wax foot mask over the top then wrap your feet in warm towels with the mask still on and leave it on for about ten minutes. failing paraffin wax use a foot mask containing glycerin and/or magnesium as i'm not sure how easy it is to get hold of a paraffin wax mask outside the beauty industry - I know that you can get them in superdrug in the uk.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:02 am      Reply with quote
I cracked and just ordered the Diamancel #11.

Is there a 12 step program offered here? Laughing
stephie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the Luxor pedi-file and it's true! my feet are so much softer! However my hard, tough spots are still there (just much smoother), but maybe I need to be using the file more often. great product otherwise.
Scout
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:12 am      Reply with quote
Pedi-file Shock
Nickle
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 04, 2005 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
I'm fond of the drugstore foot file, too. Mine's not fancy and you can use it in the shower. I've considered using a sander!

Kerasal is too greasy - but at the hospital we use a cream from Coloplast marketed under their Sween line called Atrac-Tain. It has urea and AHA, works like Kerasal but isn't goopy. Amazing for diabetic feet. You could get it at a medical supply store or some pharmacies (behind the counter) - I don't think they are selling it online. If anyone wants it I am aware of some local suppliers.

I always felt like Pretty Feet & Hands was just a gimmick - it seemed like it was the product balling up and rolling off, not any dead skin.
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:31 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:

But I found *yet another* diamond foot file that looks identical in every way to my Luxor Pedi-wand except the handle on my Luxor is black and the handle Mabsy’s “Ms. Manicure Diamond Dust Pedicure Wand” is purple...the “Ms. Manicure” version was even $2USD cheaper than my Luxor!!

I've never tried the expensive one or the Luxor but Carrie recently sent me the “Ms. Manicure Diamond Dust Pedicure Wand” and my feet haven't been this smooth in YEARS!! I will be putting an order in for a few more, no question! What would we do without Carrie????

Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:44 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |