Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

help: ugly, dry feet
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Pinup_Girl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
Definitely Diamacel and Barielle Intensive Foot Cream!
blackmamba
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
gewhol has some amazing foot creams. I'd give them a try. I've used one of the creams and it smells so good ( like pines) and leaves them so soft!
yunshangdirizi
5% products discount

Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
try to soak in the mix of vinegart and water.

dryness may be caused by sun exposure too

It sounds crazy, but maybe you should try to even apply moisture or sun screen in daytime too. High-heel shoes make your feet tired and dry too.
Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
BEST thing ever as you already know is GO GET A PEDICURE!!! You can do it yourself, but going to a nail bar or spa is such a treat and will get your feet into tip top beauty in no time!!
higig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
You may use L'OCCITANE foot cream.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
The best tool I have used to get rid of dryness on the feet and heels is the microplane foot file. You use it on dry feet and the dry skin disappears and your skin is left soft and smooth. The dry skin falls into a receptacle and you just have to empty it to keep the tool clean. This tool really works and is relatively inexpensive.

http://us.microplane.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=143
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
I bought the Pedegg at Walgreens the other day after seeing a review at MUA. Wow, the pedegg works wonders on my calloused feet and it was a whopping 9.95. It too has a recepticle for the shavings which is nice. I'll have to see how well it stands up to use but at this point I'm thrilled with this little bargain.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
I've also heard that this Intensive Foot Oil from Margaret Dabbs is very good. Has anyone used it or heard anything about it?

https://www.margaretdabbs.co.uk/products/products.php?ID=3
canadagal
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:01 pm      Reply with quote
I have to agree with the Ped Egg, it is truly amazing. I even get a pedicure once a month and still had a lot of skin come off with the Ped Egg! And I dont even have to worry about cutting myself like I do when I use the razor.
aprilha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:19 am      Reply with quote
i wonder how does pedegg compare to the microplane?

i am thinking of buying one..but not sure which one to choose...

has anyone used both?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:30 am      Reply with quote
I have an at home parafin wax, which is so nice. You get to soak your feet into the wax, let the wax harden and moisturize your feet. Afterwards, I apply some heal lotion and booties. Works great!
sophia_town

Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

I'm new to this forum and I've had the same problem. I found a bunch of small articles that go back to the basics and they are totally free.

I've found them helpful and I think you might too.

You can find the article here: profoot.co.uk/PDFs/PF006.pdf

Good luck and let me know what you think.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
aprilha wrote:
i wonder how does pedegg compare to the microplane?

i am thinking of buying one..but not sure which one to choose...

has anyone used both?

April, I'm sorry I've not used the microplane tool but it's 20 bucks more and so far I've been quite happy with the pedegg.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
PedEgg is cheaper. Don't know if the quality is lesser as I haven't tried it. The PedEgg surface area of the grates looks smaller than the Microplane offered at QVC that updated the original to a larger grate, includes another grate for buffing, and a good handle for leverage.

The QVC set is a good deal as it comes with a little bag to keep everything and some foot cream.

Microplane 4-piece Remove, Smooth, and Hydrate Foot Care Set - Item V25812
QVC Price: $24.25
Introductory Price: $21.93
Shipping & Handling: $4.97

Go towww.QVC.com and search for V25812 or microplane

I'm happy with it and there are 500+ other reviews you can look at there as well.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
thanks!

i'm just afraid that the pedegg will wear alot faster than the microplane and in the long run spending more on replacing new ones...

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:39 am      Reply with quote
First, do not walk barefoot, always with slipper when you are home... this is the first steps. All the suggestions here are very good. For myself, I use vaseline at night, keeps the dryness away and also uses pumice stone to scrap all dead skins.

joani.sp wrote:
Ok, I'll admit it, I have ugly, dry feet (am I the only one?).
I can't seem to get into the habit of putting lotion on them before bed (and then I worry about oily sheets) Exclamation
Does anyone have any great product recommendation or an easy home-made solution? My toe nails are looking a bit rough also, dry, dry, dry. I'm not a pedicure gal. Just can't find the time, so an at-home treatment suggestion would be great. I'm in a warm climate and it's almost open shoe season. Thanks everyone, Joani
RazzleDazzle

Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
I have really really dry feet, especially hardness under my big toe. I got a prescription for Kerol Redi-Cloths and I am amazed at how they work. They are cloths that are drenched in this liquid and you rub it on your feet every morning and night (I have to admit, I don't do it consistently) and you can almost immediately see the difference. Your feet are instantly moisturized and it's almost like they are healed and normal again.

Good luck!
kareni
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
Still like Mabsy's method (which I also do) -- a nice foot soak, a little pumice and microplane, thick moisturizer or Vaseline or olive oil, etc., plastic wrap and socks! Inexpensive and very effective!
Esme
5% products discount

Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:16 am      Reply with quote
Pedikur Foot Care is fantastic!
amybrown
5% products discount

Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:08 am      Reply with quote
Newbie here....hi to everyone. I also have a problem with dry feet. I go to get a pedicure every two months but the dry skin continues to return on the heels of my feet. The one thing that I found that helps is putting on an intense foot cream (I use the Body Shop's Peppermint foot cream or Earth Therapeutics Tea Tree Oil Foot Repair Balm)slip on a pair of socks and don't take them off for a few hours. This way the cream sinks directly into the skin.
oncloudten
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm THANKS for the info on the Microplane...that was a deal from QVC!
Already used it and it's a definite WOW!

(And I get pedicures at the spa fairly frequently...but love having this in between times!)

Note on the Microplane...because you use it on dry tootsies...head for your dry shower if you have a bench...or possibly outside or sit on the edge of your bathtub. Or be prepared to clean up that fine white powder-y stuff coming off your feet!!

V
mekamo

Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:32 pm      Reply with quote
I suffer from dry ulgh feet too, however thanks to the recommendations from here, I bought the Diamacel foot files. It's been over a week since I used the files and my feet are still smooth and dry skin free. I never thought in a million years that I would have gorgeous feet. Thank you, thank you!
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:20 am      Reply with quote
oncloudten,

I'm a little confused by your post. The Microplane that QVC sells for the feet and the Microplane orb for the feet both have a place to catch the dead skin just like the PedEgg.

But I still work on my feet while sitting on the toilet (perhaps too much info) and then put the "shavings" into the sink when the catcher gets full....

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:03 am      Reply with quote
Since the majority of our weather is winter season, I don't have to worry too much about the condition of my feet. I just let them hibernate. But, when the sun comes out to play and it is sandal season again, my feet look atrocious!

I started using Earth Therapeutics Tea tree oil Foot Repair Balm and Intensive Heel Repair cream which helped improve my condition.
pipkin
5% products discount

Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:37 am      Reply with quote
I generally try to use natural products as much as possible but for feet the only thing that has done the job is Flexitol. I think it's Australian and about £5 a tube in the UK from chemists.

The active ingredient is Urea which isn't massively appealing but it really really does the job well.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:09 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |