Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

help: ugly, dry feet
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
My husbands feet were so dry and scratchy I got to the point I couldn't stand them rubbing up next to me in bed. Laughing We went on vacation and I talked him into having a pedicure with me. It was like pulling teeth. After the pedicure he had a paraffin treatment. The benefits from the paraffin lasted a long time. Last year I got a small unit for our house. Does wonders for the feet and hands.
mimirose
5% products discount

Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
I speak from experience on this topic. My feet are prone to becomming very dry and rough (not unsimilar to sand paper!). I live in a climate where we wear open shoes all summer and then some. The only thing that has worked is making myself get into the habit of applying a foot cream before bed. And it does work. The two best creams I have used are the L'Occitane foot cream and the Pedi cream from MD. Just form the new habit and it will work. Good Luck. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
My husbands feet were so dry and scratchy I got to the point I couldn't stand them rubbing up next to me in bed. We went on vacation and I talked him into having a pedicure with me. It was like pulling teeth. After the pedicure he had a paraffin treatment. The benefits from the paraffin lasted a long time. Last year I got a small unit for our house. Does wonders for the feet and hands.

Winnie-I'm curious as to what kind of paraffin unit you bought. I did a quick google search but am not sure which one is a good one.

Thanks,
Stephanie
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
I have the Remington Paraffin Aromatherapy Wax Spa. Nothing fancy but it does the job. I think I paid $45.00 for it on sale. I noticed they have them on Ebay really cheap. Shock
steph2039
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Winnie. That's exactly what I was needing to know. I'll be sure and search around eBay for that model.

Thanks again,
Stephanie
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:32 am      Reply with quote
Waaahhhh!!! I can’t find any online retailers that sell the Diamancel foot buffer who accept payments via PayPal. Does anyone know of anywhere? I’ve got a pile of money sitting in my PayPal account, just waiting to be spent but I really, really, want to get one of these foot rasp thingys to fix my dry, nasty heels. It’s springtime in TX (actually, it’s really early summer!!!) and it’s time to be barefootin!! Please help!
Mabsy

Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
Cindi wrote:
Hi, the best product I have used for feet is Pedikur. Its German and you put cotton wool over your feet, pour on the lotion, cover in cling film or some kind of plastic bag and leave for 10 to 20 minutes. Trust me, after this time, you can scrape the dead skin off your feet like butter out of a pack. It truly is amazing. You can also get a Pedikur herbal foot cream which you use afterwards. Its like discovering a new pair of soles..... Shock

Sounds intriguing! Where do you get this Cindi?
schatze
5% products discount

Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:32 am      Reply with quote
I just remembered another inexpensive product called Pretty Feet & Hands. You rub it on until the dead skin comes off in a little roll. You can get it in drug stores. What took me so long to remember that? Sheesh.

schatze
jools
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:44 am      Reply with quote
I too was happily (well as happy as you can be rasping off dead skin!) using various foot files and rasps until I found Pedikur. It really is amazing and the dead skin just melts away leaving soft and very kissable (i'm told!!) feet. The herbal foot balm is good also but I prefer L'occitance hand lotion for my feet.
joani.sp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all, Now I'm also interested in this product:

"the best product I have used for feet is Pedikur."

Cindi, is it available in the US? Expensive? I remember Pretty Feet also. My mom used it and I was fasinated by it as a kid. I think Avon still makes a product that is just like it, although it seems the foot file would work as well and be a bit easier. Foot flie and a heavy cream with foot socks seems to be the most suggested approach. My hubby just told me we have some money in our Paypal account also Very Happy so if anyone does know where carekate and I can purchase the Diamancel with Paypal, please tell!
Thanks, joani
Stretch
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
Waaahhhh!!! I can’t find any online retailers that sell the Diamancel foot buffer who accept payments via PayPal. Does anyone know of anywhere? I’ve got a pile of money sitting in my PayPal account, just waiting to be spent but I really, really, want to get one of these foot rasp thingys to fix my dry, nasty heels. It’s springtime in TX (actually, it’s really early summer!!!) and it’s time to be barefootin!! Please help!

You can get a MC debit card that is attached to your paypal account. then you have access to you paypal funds and you can use the debit card as a credit card at ANY store...online or brick and morter.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:16 am      Reply with quote
FYI - My mom has used “Pretty Feet and Hands” for as long as I can remember...except she uses it to exfoliate her face. <I know, don’t look at me!!> Pretty Feet is actually just paraffin wax. I’ve tried to use it to fix my feet, but it doesn’t really work that well. It might work if you haven’t got huge nasty callouses on your feet, but if you’ve already got a pair of hooves on your heels, I would suggest using some kind of foot rasp to remove it then you could probably use the Pretty Feet to maintain to smoothness....BTW, you can buy Pretty Feet in the foot-care section at most supermarkets or pharmacies. It costs around $5USD and it comes in a small, royal blue bottle with white lettering.
joani.sp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:15 am      Reply with quote
carekate- I always wondered why there wasn't a Pretty Feet for the face (Pretty Face?!). If it can roll off the dead skin on feet, it seems that it would make a great facial exfoliator. I wonder if there are products made for the face that work in the same way? joani
freefall2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:34 am      Reply with quote
I use a palm sander and 60 or 80 grit sandpaper - carefully. When all the dead skin is off I use Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream at bedtime, with socks to keep it off the sheets.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:46 am      Reply with quote
freefall2, You use a sander?!!! Like the one I use to refinish my furniture? Wow, you are brave. How did you figure that one out?! Although I must admit, it sounds like something I would try...
Also, this is the first time I have heard anyone mention Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream. It's such a "cult" item, I'm surprised more people aren't talking about it. joani
freefall2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
I was sanding the teak rails on the boat and it just occurred to me to give it a try. It works like a charm but you have to keep moving it around and don't press against your foot, you can give yourself a friction burn - ouch. I'm going to try the dremel next.
I like the 8 Hour Cream for rough patches. I even put it on my face overnight when I'm visiting my parents near Calgary - I get so dry there my lips crack and I get nosebleeds.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
EA's 8 hour lip balm is the the only lip balm I have ever finished....i really scraped the base until there was no more. I keep thinking of getting it again...but then look at my stash and think, may be another day. It was VERY good..had a matte finish and kept my puckers soft.
freefall2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
I like the lip balm too, I've been through several of them - and yes, scraping the bottom too. I usually pick them up in Duty Free shops.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, I got my Diamancel #11 "Tough Buffer" foot file ($48USD) yesterday and I mentioned a couple weeks ago that I bought a "reasonable facsimile" called the "Luxor Professional Diamond Pedicure Wand #9731" ($7.99USD) at "The Beauty Store" here in Austin.

Well, last night I finally put both of them to use on my nasty, calloused heels in a head-to-head test of performance and endurance and again, I find myself exclaiming: "Great Hopping Fleas!!!" but for a totally different reason this time....

The last time my feet were this smooth and baby soft had to be when I was back in the cradle before I ever learned to walk! This is just the most amazing, astonishing thing. My boyfriend nearly jumped out of his skin when I got into bed last night and casually skimmed one of my feet down the back of his calf -- he thought someone else had crawled into bed with him!! Laughing When he realized it was me, he couldn't stop touching my feet (note to self: investigate if BF is a closet foot-fetishist...) and -- to be brutally honest -- neither could I! All day today, I've found myself slipping off my sandals and rubbing my feet together just to savor the sensation which no longer sounds or feels like rubbing sandpaper together!!!

The good news is that the $48USD Diamancel #11 foot file is every bit as good as Stretch, Lily, Mithai and Abejita have said it was. It only took me about ten minutes to buff away the 36 years of stubborn callous on my left foot.

The bad news is that I used the $7.99USD Luxor Diamond Pedicare Wand to buff away the 36-year old callous on my right foot and it performed every bit as admirably as its high-dollar countepart (the filing surfaces on both wands look and feel almost exactly the same)!! In fact, the el cheapo wand might even have the advantage because it's dual-sided with a coarse file on one side and a finer file on the other to do "detail" work (you've got to buy a separate Diamancel file for that).

So what does this mean to me? Well, I've already shelled out the money for the Diamancel so I'm going to keep it (we've already 'bonded'!), but I'm going to give the Luxor Diamond Pedi Wand to my mom, who's foot callouses are even older than mine!!

In conclusion...for those of you who can't quite bring yourselves to shell out nearly fifty bucks for a top-of-the-line foot file, I can highly recommend you try the "generic" version (click here to see it: http://www.folica.com/LuXor_Diamond_P_d1315.html).

Hope this helps some of you undecideds who are still sitting on the fence about this one!!

Carrie
ayasmom
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
ok freefall2 I almost peed in my pants when you said to use the dremel next...I almost died and everyone here at work is looking at me like I was crazy...

I actually use the Crabtree and Evelyn Gradners hand therapy srub on my feet as well as on my hands and then use that Diamond wand carekate was using and my feet are soo soft, that my 3 year old toched and she said oohhh mommy sooo nice!!!
stephie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
I feel this is a waste of money. After 2 uses, the roughness on the tool surface is gone and it does nothing to remove the dry skin on my heels. The cheap sandpaper-grit red plastic file from Sally's Beauty Supply works way better than this.
-- Suzanne, Charlotte, NC on December 17, 2004

reading all the great reviews for the diamancel buffer inspired me to go and do a little web research, and while the lowest price I could find was $48.. I also found the customer review stated above. Please tell me the statement is completely false and Suzanne is off her rocker... my feet had such high hopes for the diamancel buffer, they were already doing a happy dance!

what's the real truth?
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
“Suzanne from Charlotte” is full of excrement!! The silly cow probably didn’t read the instructions and tried to use it while she was in the bathtub or her feet were wet and she probably didn’t wash and dry it properly after use...the instructions for these “diamond” foot files specifically state they should be used on DRY feet and should not be “autoclaved” (I think that means the sterlizer stuff that your hairdresser soaks her brushes/combs in or maybe its some kind of “super oven” that kills germs with heat??).

If you don’t mind spending that much money, the Diamancel is worth its weight in gold...if nearly $50USD is too rich for your blood, the aforementioned Luxor Diamond Pedicure Wand is a bargain at less than $10USD. The key word here, is “diamond.” I guess Suzanne from Charlotte hasn’t seen the DeBeers ad campaign that tells us “diamonds are forever”....the Diamancel or Luxor Diamond Pedi Wand might eventually wear out after years and years (more like decades upon decades!!) of use, but not after one try. Its really cool to watch your callouses disappear into this fine white powder substance as the file buffs away the thick, dead skin....

Stephie - if you haven’t already, you need to check the reviews for the Diamancel on MakeUp Alley (click here:
http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemID=2188/The_Tough_Buffer/Diamancel/Other_Beauty_Tools/
and here: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemID=2182/Foot_Buffers/Diamancel/Other_Beauty_Tools/)
...all the raves there is what actually clinched the deal for me and made me decide I absolutely had to try it! Trust me, your feet will be doing a happy dance over your new Diamancel soon enough!! Laughing
Mabsy

Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:08 am      Reply with quote
Carrie - thank you so much for the comparison! I had almost persuaded myself to buy the Diamancel but now plan to get the Luxor instead (if Folica do reasonable shipping to Australia anyway...). With the $ saving I can come even closer to justifying the three handbags I bought today (bad day at work, needed to end in severe retail therapy).

One question though, the link you posted didn't work but the only thing I have found on Folica is a the LuXor Diamond Pedicure File for $5.99 - is that the same as the wand you are talking about?
Mabsy

Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:11 am      Reply with quote
Speak to the hand Just found out that it was going to cost me US$32 to ship the said foot file to Australia Confused I'll pick it up when I'm in SD in May. Is this brand available in most shops or is it hard to find?
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 25, 2005 5:32 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy -

To be brutally honest, I don't think it would be too easy for you to find a retailer in San Diego that sells the Luxor Diamond Pedicure Wand (cheap equivilent to Diamancel foot file)...I've only seen it at one particular retailer in Austin although I've been keeping an eye out for it whenever I hit a new store.

If you want, I could pick one up for you and mail it to you -- I promise I won't charge you $32 to ship an item that weighs about 3 ounces!!! Very Happy If you're interested, PM or email me and we'll work out the details (LoopyLori and Karina can vouch that I'm not a rip-off artist!!)....

I'm still totally in love with my "new" feet. At the beginning of spring last year, I went for my first professional pedicure in years (I wanted to see how she did the 'french pedicure,' as it was all the rage, then I bought the products and did my own frenchies for the rest of the summer) and I loved the way my feet felt after the chick used the OPI Pedicure "Soften" lotion on me (of course, soaking in the foot bath played a significant part in its effectiveness) so I bought a tube, thinking I could get the same results/feeling by using it at home. No dice...until I used after I diamond-filed all the callouses off my heels then applied the OPI pedi lotion. Great Jumpin' Johosaphat -- if I don't watch out, *I'm* going to be the one with a foot fetish!! Wink Laughing

Anyway, if you want 'born-again' feet, you need to either get the Diamancel or the Luxor foot file. I promise, it'll be the best money you ever spent!!

Carrie
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |