Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What Type of Foundation do you Use?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Poll :: What Type of Foundation do you Use?

Liquid
28%
 28%  [ 13 ]
Cream
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Pressed Powder
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Loose Powder
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Mineral Make-up (such as BE, Jane Iredale, Glominerals, YoungBlood)
50%
 50%  [ 23 ]
Spray-On foundation
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
None
8%
 8%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 46

MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
I was wondering what type of foundation everybody uses?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
I use the Dermalogica Sheer tint moisture. I like it cuz its light weight, However it doesnt give a lot of coverage.

Aga
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
It's BE for me all the way Best thing since sliced bread. it!
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
JI liquid minerals
maddy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:20 am      Reply with quote
used to use clinique gentle light makeup, which was ok, but i think my skin is too oily. what do people use on oily skin? not that i ever really wear foundation- i havent found one that i like the feel of or am comfortable wearing Laughing
steph2039
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:37 am      Reply with quote
BE for me too.

Stephanie
Mabsy

Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:40 am      Reply with quote
JI Pressed Base and I *love* it!
Martigirl
5% products discount

Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:07 am      Reply with quote
BE for me just received a new order from EDS yesterday.
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:27 am      Reply with quote
I use Bare Escentuals also. I didn't realize so many people use mineral makeup. I had switched from liquid to mineral makeup in April 2004, but still having breakouts. Although I like the light feeling of mineral makeup, it does settle in the fine lines on my face. So I may consider going back to oil-free liquid.

5% products discount

Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi All:

I used Bare Escentuals for about 2 years, but was still getting a few breakouts from it, so I searched around to see if I could find anything better. (A never-ending quest.) Surprised

I found a new mineral makeup that is all natural, with no harsh ingredients, called My Minerals. I absolutely love this stuff! It wears just as well as Bare Escentuals, but it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, and it is actually a little cheaper. I buy mine on e-bay from Debbie Ann (sdmclure), who is always more than happy to send along free samples (just ask what you're looking for). They also have a great face brush, that's like the BE Kabuki brush with a long handle, but other than that, I personally prefer the BE brushes. If you want more info, they have a website @www.myminerals.com, or feel free to ask me any questions!

Janna
Nemi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:58 am      Reply with quote
I have never really worn makeup on my face, except for a bit concealer and some loose powder. I experimented with BE for a while, but found it dried my skin out, so I stopped using it. Now, I am using Color Clone liquid foundation from HR, and I'm very happy. It's very light, transparent, yet evens out the skintone, and it doesn't dry my skin out. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
I put liquid as my vote, but more often that not I use 'none'. When I go out, sometimes I use Dr. Hauschka liquid foundation, but that is maybe once a month that I feel the need. It is a nice light foundation, I love it, I just wish there was more of a color selection!!
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
None or Dr Hauschka Liquid Bronze concentrate and when I am going for an evening out I use Pressed Mac Studio Finnsh powder foundation.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using JI amazing base for several years. I have started using Absence under the powder as it really absorbs oil and does not change the color.
I find with acne prone skin this does not make me break out and does a great job covering any breakouts. I will not be switching!!!!!!!!!!!

Feliz
Penelope
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
Just a smidge of Chanel Teint Foundation (liquid) on my cheeks (more coverage needed for spider veins), followed by JI Pressed Powder over entire face and neck.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
I've never really worn foundation. I have a few times for very special occasions, but that's it. I'm starting to wonder if I should be wearing foundation since the majority of people seem to. I've just never found anything that didn't look fake or good enough to warrant wearing it all the time. I definitely don't have perfect skin (several freckles and a few wrinkles), so I'm starting to wonder if I should be wearing something. Hmmm...guess I'll get a few opinions from my friends and hope they'll be honest! Think
EJB
5% products discount

Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
As an aspiring model, I have a vote for those who want/need heavy coverage:

Prescriptives PhotoFinish Foundation (its a cream that comes in a compact)

It's what I use for photo shoots because it makes my skin look flawless in pics... I think it manages to reflect light from 'divits' [ex. bumps - or wrinkles too, I assume] to make skin look smoother. It is a little heavy and after being underlights can make me feel a little greasy. This would be really good for dryer skins.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using Lancome Photogenic compact for years. I never end up looking powdered or overmadeup, and it hides my open pores really well.

I might try Bobbi Brown oil-free liquid foundation next, and also get the foundation brush because I never know how to use my fingers to apply makeup.
AJL-C
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:13 am      Reply with quote
BE for me changed to it earlier this year and I love it!!!!!! Smile
Lili
5% products discount

Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:56 am      Reply with quote
Cle de Peau -- the best!
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:38 am      Reply with quote
I have been using BE for about 2 weeks. I read all the great posts and had to try it. I really like it. It has taken some getting used to because I have always used a liquid foundation (MAC) and I'm used to total coverage. I am in the process of starting the Dr. Hauschka skincare and it tells you not to use anything on your face at night (normally I use a heavy night cream) so my skin is kinda dry in the morning when I use BE. I have ordered the toner and Rhythmic Night Cond (from here) so as soon as I start those I'm sure the dryness will improve. I do love that BE is so light and it feels like you have nothing on. I have slept in it and had no breakouts the next day...!
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:40 am      Reply with quote
I use them all!

I have a creme from Guerlain Issima & the fluid- both very nice texture.
A pressed poweder foundation from guerlain.
BE/JI minerals
Lancome ID fluid
JI liquid minerals
Pan stick from MAC - actually sometimes use just the concealer as a foundation
That's off the top of my head Smile
and a couple of tinted moisturisers.

5% products discount

Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
Tarte smooth operator spf20..work magic for me Very Happy
Mabsy

Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:13 am      Reply with quote
LilyPond wrote:
Tarte smooth operator spf20..work magic for me Very Happy
I've got this as well and really like it Smile

Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:37 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |