Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Getting rid of whiteheads (Take 2)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Wed Sep 03, 2003 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry to repost this again but my last message dissapeared in the update yesterday (and I didn't get a chance to read the reply that was posted).

So, long story short, I have a couple of really stubborn whiteheads (you know; pimples/lumps under your skin that are not coming to the surface). The stuff that I usually use to get rid of them is not working this time. Can someone suggest something that helps remove them? And also why on earth am I getting whiteheads? I cleanse, exfoliate etc etc Sad

Thanks Smile
Magda

Wed Sep 03, 2003 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry Mabsy, we have lost all posts from 1st and 2nd Sept. We had some technical problems with our site.
Barbara Portno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 04, 2003 9:19 am      Reply with quote
I have had similar sounding "white heads" and it turned out to be something called a "Mila". The woman who gives me facials makes a tiny incision and squeezes the white stuff out. I don't know if I spelt it correctly or if that is what you have, this is just my experience. They have reoccurred in the same spot and I don't remember what I was told about reason why it starts in the first place.
Mabsy

Thu Sep 04, 2003 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for that Barbara! I'll google and find out more about it. The incision and squeezing it out sounds rather painful. Does it leave any scars? Hopefully I can find a product that helps get rid of them otherwise I'll have to go get them squeezed Sad
leiladao
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 16, 2003 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
There, my secret is out.

I'm so ashamed to admit that I have been fighting with this so called third eye for almost a year now.

I have about 7 small bumps on my forehead that nothing...nothing at all can get rid of them. And one of them is right on between my eyes.

When it was still fashionable, I covered it with a small sparkling crystal tattoo. My friends think it's cute ( the crystal, not the third eye).

The funny thing is after I wash my face or have a face masque they seem to shrink but as soon as I put on some moisturizer they start to expand.

How can I get rid of them for good. I even tried to squeeze them but nothing comes out ( not like black heads).

What should I do?

Mabsy

Wed Sep 17, 2003 5:18 am      Reply with quote
LOL! Ok, it's not a funny matter but I love your subject! I was shocked.... until I read on Smile

I think we may both be fighting the same evil forces here Leila. I've had good results in the past with this OTC ointment (from a Polish chemist) that is supposed to draw out infections etc. I think the main ingredient is ichtiol. The ointment is black, icky and makes a mess but in the past has worked well to take stuff like that out (after applying it under a band-aid overnight for a few nights). But the two whiteheads I have now (or millia, I think it is the same thing) just won't budge, not even with the ointment!

I'm now hoping that religious use of Microfoliant and Decleor Essential Balm might lure the suckers out. I'll keep you posted. Let me know if you find anything that works for you. Btw. mine also seem to get smaller after cleansing.
Sable
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 17, 2003 11:23 pm      Reply with quote
Can you actually see the whitehead or are they more like a 'blind' pimple - no visible whitehead, sore to the touch?

Mabsy

Thu Sep 18, 2003 12:13 am      Reply with quote
Mine are not sore at all. I've had them for months. When you try to squeeze it you feel that there's something hard inside but it has no way of coming out because the skin is closed of over it.
Barbara Portno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 18, 2003 3:49 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy....this is for you girl....read under "today posts". It has a really good thread on your white head problem. I was right (not that it counts but at least I didn't mislead you which I was afraid of).According to Casper mum "products"per se won't help. The excision dosen't hurt at all. (I re-read your response and you mention pain.) No different than squeezing a pimple, in fact less pain than that. It only sounds scary. I think the reason why we need to have the skin actually cut is because they almost burrow into the skin vs a pimple that is subdermal. Does that make sense? Go for it, but remember this-THEY CAN REAPPEAR. I think it is caused by excess oil in that area. Really read from caspers mum, she has her finger on the pulse! Let me know how you do.

Babs;)
Mabsy

Thu Sep 18, 2003 4:39 am      Reply with quote
LOL, Thank you! Firstly thank you for introducing me to a new EDS forum feature! I've obviously been blind and have NEVER noticed the 'todays posts' link! That makes it *SO* much easier! I've read your post and thought 'where on earth can she see today's posts all in one place!?" And then I found it. Geez I'm silly!

And, you are definitely correct about the millia and the whiteheads. I guess I was just hoping that there was a magical product out there that would keep sharp implements away from my face Smile It does sound like it hurts but I will take your word for it. I might be brave and go see a beautician this weekend. I'll let you know how I go.

Thanks again for all your help.
Mabsy

Thu Sep 18, 2003 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry I forgot to say - thank you also to Ixora for sharing her experience with whitehead extraction (in the 'product to combat millia' thread). Smile
Sable
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 19, 2003 3:25 am      Reply with quote
Sorry I can't be of more help, but I'm not sure I understand what kind of blemish it is you're describing.

If I do have the right one in mind, I would suggest the plan of attack be the use of Tea Tree Oil, dabbing the blemishes up to three times a day. It is very effective stuff.

It's important to test your skin for sensitivity first as it is rather drying. This is extra important if you're currently using skincare products with strong acidic formulations. Even the most resilient skin may react to such overload.

Whatever your course of action, goodluck with it, Mabsy!! Here's to clear skin Wink

P.S I left a reply to your DDF mask post :P
Mabsy

Fri Sep 19, 2003 10:48 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Sable Smile

I guess the best way I can describe it is just to say that it's a hard small lump under the skin, not inflamed at all, and it sticks around for ages (months...). Not like a pimple or a blackhead which have an opening (or a potential opening at least).

I've decided based on posts on this forum that I'm going to get them extracted. Wanted to get it over and done with today but the local beauty salon is fully booked so I'm booked in for Wednesday Very Happy

Thanks for your reply to the DDF post and congrats on winning the $$$! It's shopping time! Wink Don't forget to review the stuff you buy.... I love reading product reviews. There's probably a medical term for this 'condition'... Skincareous Addictus? Smile
leiladao
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 20, 2003 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy,

I had my third eye white head extracted three months ago by my dermatologist, it was not the first time, and he said it may come back...again...!!!...
ming
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 22, 2003 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
Lancome Pore Control Self-Heating Mask follow by Deep Cleansing Mask
Mabsy

Wed Sep 24, 2003 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
I took your advice and made an appointment to get my whiteheads extracted Very Happy

The lady only managed to extract two and said that the others were too small for her to extract (??). I'm quite happy with that though because the two buggers that she got were the ones that were annoying me most (and I've had them for months!).

She also gave me some advice on how to prevent them and 'dissolve' existing ones. Apparently a spot treatment with 5% or 10% Glycolic Acid and 2% Salicylic Acid will over time do a great job. I asked her how long it would take she said 'a few weeks'. I've been window shopping through EDS (again...) and found a PTR product that fits that description (Peter Thomas Roth AHA/BHA Acne Clearing Gel). It's got 10% Glycolic so I don't know if it's too strong for me or not but I might give that a go next time.... There's also DDF Glycolic Gel 10% / 2% Salicylic which seems to be the same thing.

Whiteheads R.I.P. - well hopefully anyway!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:16 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |