Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Silk peel
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
kikid70
5% products discount

Fri May 02, 2014 6:10 am      Reply with quote
I have melasma and someone (not a professional)recommended a silk peel. I haven't used any peels in fear that it will worsen. Has anyone used a silk peel for melasma?
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 03, 2014 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
The Silk Peel isn't really a peel. It is a microderm with solutions infused into the skin.

check out their website for more information:

silkpeel.com

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 09, 2014 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
It sounds a bit like a Hydrafacial but not trademarked. I might try that next as it seems to really remove the dead skin and clogged pores. But the most effective treatment I got was IPL which helped lots with the spots and dryness.
Pablita
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 10, 2014 8:49 am      Reply with quote
Sakura how many ipl sessions did you need to get rid of te dark spots?
sakura
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 10, 2014 9:37 am      Reply with quote
They told me I needed about five to get rid of them. The first session the dark ones fell off and my pores were smaller, the skin was smooth and plump. The dark spot came back but lighter and fell off again after another few treatments.

The light ones didnt really come off. The last session I had, I could see them rising to the top of my skin and it looked like it was going to shed. But I think my mistake was putting on vitamin c serum as that stopped the skin from flaking off so my spots are still there. I think I wasted my money by putting on the vitamin c serum so the skin healed instead of flaking off.

Even the clinic was surprised that I was not getting any peeling though I didnt tell them what I was doing so they wouldn't push products on me. They also didn't tell me that I still should use lightening products in conjunction with the IPL, in fact I didn't see it anywhere in researching, it implied IPL alone was enough to remove spots. They only told me to use sunscreen.

I'm going to do a few more sessions and get some lightening serum.
Pablita
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2014 8:12 am      Reply with quote
For how long does the skin peel after the ipl and how long should you wait between sessions?
And it is advisable to get the ipl treatment on summer time?
My spots must be very deep, cos i peeled a lot eith cosmelan and they are still the same. I am willing to try everything to get rid of them
sakura
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 19, 2014 11:08 am      Reply with quote
I think it peels for a few days. I only got one or two days of peeling but I already exfoliate regularly so I don't think I had much skin to shed off but I noticed that dead skin seem to rise to the top and flake off like my one or two dark spots.

I dont think you should do IPL in the summer because you have to make sure you totally protect your skin, it might be more sensitive and any sun exposure might darken things again. I noticed that I got milia more easily after treatment but I didn't need the heavy creams like I did before.

For lightening products I might try the one from Pevonia or the one from PSF.
Pablita
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2014 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
That product for pevonia is to be used inly on th dark spots or to lighten the whole face?
sakura
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:15 am      Reply with quote
Hmm, good point. I guess I would use it all over in case their are spots forming underneath I can't see. I bought the PSF one today but I'm going to get a Silk Peel when my period is over.
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:38 am      Reply with quote
Warning on the Silk Peel - you are going to love it and want one every month.

Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:11 am      Reply with quote
I thought so! I'm trying to budget it in my beauty spending so in the end I spend less on products.
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:30 am      Reply with quote
After you try the silk peel, try a Hydrafacial (if you have a place near you) and share your thoughts on both. I have only had Hydrafacials and those are fabulous. I hear the Silk Peel is equally fantastic.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
I kind of thought they were both the same but Hydrafacial is trademarked and the clinic might have to use their skin products with the machines.

From talking to the girl about the Silk Peel, they seem the same though she didnt know what a Hydrafacial was.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:53 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |