Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

How to tighten the eye lid
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
yuyu
5% products discount

Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

I am 40 and I don’t have much wrinkles on my face but my eye lids start to become saggy. So my eyes become smaller. Is there anything I could use to reduce the sagginess?

I remember read from somewhere ( a tip from an article or a product instruction) that should only use that particular eye creams under the eye. So I assume the eye lids and the area under the eyes need slightly different treatments?

Thanks in advance.
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
Hi yuyu, as far as I know, there isnt many eye creams thank your eyelids can tolerate so becareful or you could worsen your condition. do some research. Good luck... wave
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Yuyu! I'm a total rulebreaker when it comes to "avoiding the eyelid" - I always include the eyelid when I use eye treatment (and I've never suffered for it)...If you are interested in something specifically designed for the lid that works really well you might want to try Elizabeth Grant's Eyelid Restore. It gives a nice lift (and is well-priced)....Dior's Model Lift for the Eyes is (was?) excellent - I'm not sure if it has been discontinued, though...If you can take a vitamin C serum (5%) on the lid then I'd definitely go that route...I use Vivier 20 on the lid - no problem...but you'll have to experiment..some people are too sensitive...Of course there's good old Strivectin - which I use easily on the lid (*very* sparingly!) - but beware - it wasn't designed for the face (never mind the eyes!), and has quite a strong minty scent that makes some people's eyes water - but for me it's been transformative...I love it - and my eyelids look great (if I do say so, myself!)
Good luck!
Pudoodles
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
I'm with you, Pudoodles. I use my C+ Firming serum (12%) on my eyes without any problem. I'm using my Retin-A under my eyes but don't have the guts to try that on my eyelids. I am going to try a matrixyl on them though.
sophie9
5% products discount

Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
do NOT - i repeat - do NOT put retin-a on your eyelids!!! i learned my lesson several years back trying that. i found retin-a under my eyes pretty tough to tolerate as well. i have found a good alternative that is working for me: md forte skin rejuvenation eye cream with retinol, aha, and vitamins a&e. it really does firm the area, and i have noticed some of those little milia under my eyes disappearing.

i just ordered strivectin eye cream from sephora yesterday. yes...i guess it comes in an eye-cream now. i hope it works as well on me as it has on you. i am actually encouraged now. this is a great topic, because there really aren't many eye-creams for the lids. i wonder why. does anyone else have any other good ideas? my eyes are really sensitive too.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
I use Janson-Beckett Eye Lid Ampules on my eye lids. Love the results. Show me any ampule and I will try it. Laughing In my case I apply after Okusil has absorbed and pat it all around my eye.

Winnie
JB
skin adict
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:20 am      Reply with quote
I have Asian single lids so when they droop I pretty much covers my eyelashes. I've been using Guelain Issima Success Eye and have liked the results enough to re-purchase. Will try the stri-vectin on one eyelid and compare!
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:31 am      Reply with quote
Different eye products accomplish different tasks for different people.

I'm TOTALLY amazed at the rapid results from using Teamine for just a week and will definitely do a more complete review after i've used it for awhile longer...

BUT, when it comes to firming the eyelid, as far as I'm concerning, there is NOTHING out there that beats Decleor Serum Hydrotenseur. It is absolutely THE BEST for firming the eyelid!!!
skin adict
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:53 am      Reply with quote
Okay, Strivectin on the lids didn't work for me. Put it on my right eyelid and my normal guerlain issima on left. By the 2nd day, I looked a bit odd because my left eye was looking larger than my right because the lid was that much more lifted. Am tempted to try Decleor Serum Hydrotenseur, but need to hold off after my latest splurge.
Sherri

Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
Where do you find the Janson-Beckett Eye Lid Ampules? I looked on their site, but they only show five products they sell.

Sherri
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
Sherri...

There are others here who know better, like Winnie for example, but if you go to the J-B site you'll see a heading for Spa products.... You'll find the eye ampules there.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:36 am      Reply with quote
skin adict wrote:
Okay, Strivectin on the lids didn't work for me. Put it on my right eyelid and my normal guerlain issima on left. By the 2nd day, I looked a bit odd because my left eye was looking larger than my right because the lid was that much more lifted. Am tempted to try Decleor Serum Hydrotenseur, but need to hold off after my latest splurge.

I was at the Toronto Sephora yesterday and picked up the Decleor Hudrotenseur...the lifting result was immediate....I am extremely impressed....IMHO, blew Clarins eye gels, eye flash balm, firming eye treatments (including the most recent Super Restorative Eye Care Concentrate) right out of the water - in terms of getting an immediate result. If you are looking for an immediate, noticeable eye lift (with supposed cumulative effects)..then this one's a complete winner, in my book!! As an aside, about 5 minutes after application, I put Bare Escentuals right over top and got just beautiful results!
Pudoodles
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:25 am      Reply with quote
Couldn't agree more with Pudoodles on this one. It's amazing stuff and never, ever drying.... I'd be miserable without it!
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:10 am      Reply with quote
I've got Decleor Hydrowhatever but have never used it. I'll certainly dig it out now. I'm completely satisfied with Perricone which is only to be used under the eye, but I need something for the upper eye area.

-Cheri
lindsay
5% products discount

Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:

I was at the Toronto Sephora yesterday and picked up the Decleor Hudrotenseur...Pudoodles

Pudoodles,

Where is Toronto Sephora? I am interested to get Decleor Hudrotenseur. I have been living in Toronto for 5 years now and never heard about that place.

Do you know the logic behind it why most eye cream doesn't allow to be put on the eyelid?

I just bought cellex-c eye countour cream. It said that to be put under eye and outer eye area. Does it mean to be put only under eye and upper eyelid?

Thanks
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lindsay! The Sephora in Toronto is located on the third level of the Eaton Centre, just past Indigo Books...I'm not surprised you haven't been there yet - it's brand-spanking new (from what I understand)...Re: the eye cream - I am the *worst* person on this Board to ask about eye treatment - I break all the rules (Strivectin and Skinceuticals vitamin C serum 20 around the eyes Shock )..I think you are supposed to be very careful around the eye area due to the thinness of the skin in that area and therefore the susceptibility to irritation (redness, puffiness, etc..)...Re: Cellex C eye cream - I think your interpretation is correct (IMO), I think they want you to use it right around the eye area but following the contour of the orbital bone only - not going in any closer than that to the actual lash line...
Have a blast at Sephora!!
Very Happy Pudoodles
skin adict
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:22 am      Reply with quote
I got a rash on my eyelids from the Decleor Hydrotenseur Crying or Very sad

Things just never work out for me!
SusanC
5% products discount

Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
I had a bad reaction to the Decleor hydrotenseur too Sad

I've started using the Vivier Eye Contour Serum on my lids (for the past week) and I'm definitely starting to see results Very Happy
Mogwai
5% products discount

Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone used the hydrotenseur and okusil together? Wondering if they are compatible.
yuyu
5% products discount

Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:

Hi skin adict,

I tried the Guelain Issima Success Eye, there seemed has no obvious results. Just wondering how you apply it, do you put the cream all around the eyes or just on the lid?

Thanks

yuyu

By the way, could somebody tell me how can I include other people's writing, in an indented paragraph, like what I have in the Quote, but with xxx Wrote:
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
yuyu wrote:
Quote:

Hi skin adict,

I tried the Guelain Issima Success Eye, there seemed has no obvious results. Just wondering how you apply it, do you put the cream all around the eyes or just on the lid?

Thanks

yuyu

By the way, could somebody tell me how can I include other people's writing, in an indented paragraph, like what I have in the Quote, but with xxx Wrote:

Click the quote button on the other person post...I think this is what you mean. Anyway, welcome to the forum Yuyu! Sorry, I haven't tried the Guelain Issima Success Eye, so I can't help you there Smile
skin adict
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:51 am      Reply with quote
Yuyu,
I just dab the Guerlain Issima Success Eye on my eyelids and stroke upwards. The results are instantaneous, I didn't notice results until around 5 weeks later. Then, when I ran out and didn't use it for 3 weeks, I really noticed the difference without it.
yuyu
5% products discount

Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks faith and skin adict.
skin adict wrote:
when I ran out and didn't use it for 3 weeks, I really noticed the difference without it.

Well, I'd better keep using it. :-)
queenpedauque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:57 pm      Reply with quote
skin adict wrote:
Yuyu,
I just dab the Guerlain Issima Success Eye on my eyelids and stroke upwards. The results are instantaneous, I didn't notice results until around 5 weeks later. Then, when I ran out and didn't use it for 3 weeks, I really noticed the difference without it.

skin addict,
Maybe I'll give the Guerlain Issima another try. If you didn't notice for 5 weeks at first. My God, I wasted an entire jar of it because of my impatience! I think I used it to moiturize my body!
I'm finally going to try the Helena Rubinstein Eye Sculptor. I know that this particular product should take 3 weeks of use to see a difference. My package should arrive tomorrow and I'll be sure to post a review. Smile
2000baby

Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:19 am      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
Hi Yuyu! I'm a total rulebreaker when it comes to "avoiding the eyelid" - I always include the eyelid when I use eye treatment (and I've never suffered for it)...If you are interested in something specifically designed for the lid that works really well you might want to try Elizabeth Grant's Eyelid Restore. It gives a nice lift (and is well-priced)....Dior's Model Lift for the Eyes is (was?) excellent - I'm not sure if it has been discontinued, though...If you can take a vitamin C serum (5%) on the lid then I'd definitely go that route...I use Vivier 20 on the lid - no problem...but you'll have to experiment..some people are too sensitive...Of course there's good old Strivectin - which I use easily on the lid (*very* sparingly!) - but beware - it wasn't designed for the face (never mind the eyes!), and has quite a strong minty scent that makes some people's eyes water - but for me it's been transformative...I love it - and my eyelids look great (if I do say so, myself!)
Good luck!
Pudoodles

----------------

Is Strivectin the cream that is $135.00, and it use to take care of strecth marks. If we are talking about the same thing, then there is a new eye cream. I wonder will that work on eye lids?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:10 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |