Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
How to tighten the eye lid
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
Nonie,

you were one cute baby and grew into a beautiful women.

Very impressive results.

Thanks.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Tiptoedancer,

Can you perhaps share how does our under eye area look like after that many years of retin A? I'm curious since lately I've stated to develop some under eye wrinkles, so I was wondering how much can one actually achieve with topicals only...

Tiptoedancer wrote:

Hummm. This is a thread that seems to be revived from a few years back. Anyway, I've been using Retin-A on my eyelids and under eye area for 20 years! It has never been a problem. My eyelids don't look crepey and I'm in my late fifties.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
Nonie aka AD wrote:
This is a little OT, but am I the only one who finds it knee-slapping funny that my eyebrows still look like they did when I was two? Laughing Laughing (In many pics my eyebrows are filled in with pencil but I was getting ready for bed in that last pic so had just washed my face and so it was completely bare.)

Dr Oz said something about that scarcity of brows on the edges being a sign of thyroid problems. I dunno if that is necessarily true because my thyroid tests have been normal for as long as I can remember yet there ain't never been no hair follicles on the outer edges of Nonie's eyebrows since way before she was knee-high. So methinks if Dr Oz is right, then I am mutant of sorts with unique traits. Laughing

Nonie - you crack me up.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
agatha wrote:
Hi Tiptoedancer,

Can you perhaps share how does our under eye area look like after that many years of retin A? I'm curious since lately I've stated to develop some under eye wrinkles, so I was wondering how much can one actually achieve with topicals only...

Tiptoedancer wrote:

Hummm. This is a thread that seems to be revived from a few years back. Anyway, I've been using Retin-A on my eyelids and under eye area for 20 years! It has never been a problem. My eyelids don't look crepey and I'm in my late fifties.

Hi Agatha. Humm. Well, I really don't have wrinkles under my eyes at all. When I smile I get crinkles around the corners of my eyes but not under my eyes. I actually use a dermaroller under my eyes and then put Retin A on immediately after. Crazy? Probably. But it seems to work for me. Everyone has different skin and it really effects the outcome. I use the dermaroller on my undereye area about once a month with the Retin- A applied after. I use the Retin A every other day as a general skin care routine along with a bunch of other stuff. My skin care routine gets complicated.
cali1979
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:42 am      Reply with quote
I think the eye cream just change a little. I recomend to massage the eye area with firming eye cream.
agatha
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
Tiptoedancer wrote:

Hi Agatha. Humm. Well, I really don't have wrinkles under my eyes at all. When I smile I get crinkles around the corners of my eyes but not under my eyes. I actually use a dermaroller under my eyes and then put Retin A on immediately after. Crazy? Probably. But it seems to work for me. Everyone has different skin and it really effects the outcome. I use the dermaroller on my undereye area about once a month with the Retin- A applied after. I use the Retin A every other day as a general skin care routine along with a bunch of other stuff. My skin care routine gets complicated.

Thanks for sharing!
What length of needles do you use for your under eye area? I've always been concerned with rolling this part of my face.
light123
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:04 am      Reply with quote
... and what strength of retin-a?
TIA
Light

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
agatha wrote:
Tiptoedancer wrote:

Thanks for sharing!
What length of needles do you use for your under eye area? I've always been concerned with rolling this part of my face.

I use a 1.0mm dermaroller under my eye though I don't really roll it. As I come to the inner and under eye area I press it several times, piercing the skin and then reposition it with each press. For most people the under eye area is very small so it doesn't give much room for rolling. There is a slimmer dermaroller that has three rows of needles and this can be used too. You can roll it just a tad more because it's smaller. Be super careful around the eye area.

After that I use the Retin-A micro at .1% and I use it immediately after. I know many people apply different skin care actives like copper peptides and such several hours later with the explanation that the holes are still open but I don't buy that notion. Our bodies go into repair mode so quickly. If you've ever had a tiny cut or scrape or prick the body closes it up as fast as possible. I've never seen any studies on dermarolling and how long it takes for the holes to close up but logic tells me it's pretty quick.

I might also add that my skin, though very pale, isn't super sensitive so what works for me may send your skin into hyper-craziness.
agatha
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the tips Tiptoedancer.
I use 1 mm roller for the rest of my face. If I gain some courage I'll try your press method the during my next roll - it sounds like a rather sensible approach. And if I press instead of roll, I feel I'll have more control over the device and I'll be less likely to go too far up.

I'll stay away from Retin A after the roll though. My skin doesn't like it even without rolling.
Natk

Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
I was told by a naturopath that the upper eyelid issues are caused by accumulation of fluid in the first place. Like, first eyelids become puffy and only after some time - droopy. The puffiness is caused by either kidney or liver/ gallbladder issues, usually formation of stones in gallbladder or kidneys. You can read similar info here: (turns out I can't post any link here, so I have to modify it - just remove space between C O M and H T M) marysherbs.c o m/heal/heal-f-rP.h t m

Basically the idea is that whatever issues you have with skin, wrinkles, dark circles, droopy eyelids - all are results of a health condition.

5% products discount

Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hey everyone.

First of all I completely agress with that ^^^^^ basically saying that any skin condition is simply a side effect from your internal health conditions. However, for those of you who don't have the time/patience/motivation to spend hours researching what health conditions cause wrinkles/bad skin (or maybe it wouldn't take that much time, idk, i just needed a transition lol)..

What worked for ME about 1.5 years ago was LifeCell. And the weird thing is that I've read a lot of bad reviews on that product. All I know is that 2 years ago all of the sudden I couldn't apply eye shadow. Like, not AT ALL. It was terrible. I was 37 at the time, and i had no idea how my eye lids had become so squishy and wrinkly. So I bought LifeCell cream online, and I remember that after one week of use, all of the sudden I was able to put eye shadow on without the brush catching on my droppy skin. And now, I don't even use it anymore and my eye lids are perfectly fine. I wear the same amount of makeup that I did in my 20s (which is a LOT of makeup lol).
My only issue is crepiness under the eyes. So that's my next mission (to find out how to cure that for good). But LifeCell is what worked for me. It may not work for everyone, but my results were nothing short of miraculous
Tiptoedancer
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
Natk wrote:
I was told by a naturopath that the upper eyelid issues are caused by accumulation of fluid in the first place. Like, first eyelids become puffy and only after some time - droopy. The puffiness is caused by either kidney or liver/ gallbladder issues, usually formation of stones in gallbladder or kidneys. You can read similar info here: (turns out I can't post any link here, so I have to modify it - just remove space between C O M and H T M) marysherbs.c o m/heal/heal-f-rP.h t m

Basically the idea is that whatever issues you have with skin, wrinkles, dark circles, droopy eyelids - all are results of a health condition.

It also could be that a person is simply getting older.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:03 am      Reply with quote
I've been using Retin A on my eyelids for several years now without any problem.
xiyue
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hi yuyu. I think Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado from kiehls is good. It's just my view
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:39 am      Reply with quote
I was told by my derm to use Retin A on my eyelids and have done so for probably about 20 years. I was advised to start slowly and with a weaker strength and work up to using it every night over the course of 12 months!
RussianSunshine wrote:
I've been using Retin A on my eyelids for several years now without any problem.
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:39 am      Reply with quote
I have had success using my clareblend and using my retinol creams on my eyelids.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
I have inherited eye problems. I think eye problems will be difficult to solve once they arise. I regret not using eye cream when I was young. If you can start using eye cream when you are young, eye problems will be reduced a lot.
sunsoutbeauty
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:04 am      Reply with quote
Do daily exercises to help strengthen the muscles in your eyelids and tone loose skin that may have begun to sag. The Eva Fraser Fitness Center in London, England, reports that performing eyelid exercises for 10 minutes each day, at least four days a week, can help some people tighten the loose skin on their eyelids. Raise your eyebrows and put a finger under your brow bone to hold the skin in place. Close your eyes in several incremental movements, rather than one sweeping motion, and hold the position for six seconds. You should feel the pull of your lids as your keep your finger in place. Open your eyes, and repeat.It will help you a lot.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
Peptides called Matrixyl synthe'6 by Sederma. Can be found it products such as

https://www.timelessha.com/products/matrixyl-synthe6-serum-1-oz
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Puddodles, the minty version of Strivectin is now replaced by strivectin sd which has a different ingredient as the original (Matrixyl).

For products containing Matrixyl, you will have to go for Olay by P&G as they bought the exclusive right to use this ingredient.

Pudoodles wrote:
Hi Yuyu! I'm a total rulebreaker when it comes to "avoiding the eyelid" - I always include the eyelid when I use eye treatment (and I've never suffered for it)...If you are interested in something specifically designed for the lid that works really well you might want to try Elizabeth Grant's Eyelid Restore. It gives a nice lift (and is well-priced)....Dior's Model Lift for the Eyes is (was?) excellent - I'm not sure if it has been discontinued, though...If you can take a vitamin C serum (5%) on the lid then I'd definitely go that route...I use Vivier 20 on the lid - no problem...but you'll have to experiment..some people are too sensitive...Of course there's good old Strivectin - which I use easily on the lid (*very* sparingly!) - but beware - it wasn't designed for the face (never mind the eyes!), and has quite a strong minty scent that makes some people's eyes water - but for me it's been transformative...I love it - and my eyelids look great (if I do say so, myself!)
Good luck!
Pudoodles
1claire
5% products discount

Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
You can try to use a tightening eye serum, you find a lot of great products online.
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:59 pm      Reply with quote
Which one(s) have you tried?

1claire wrote:
You can try to use a tightening eye serum, you find a lot of great products online.
jenp7
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hello, everyone! Hope you are all well and healthy <3. Just touching base to see if anyone has a product and/or routine they see results with for eyes? Wrinkles and slight sag are what I am looking to work on. Any thoughts appreciated!

Almost 40! with sensitive/responsive skin, using facial exercises very lightly. Derminator or prof micropen just a few times a year. AQ eye serum (great for lash growth too) on occasion. Otherwise natural skin care products.
Organicskincare55
5% products discount

Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:11 am      Reply with quote
Not true!

You can use the same cream/serum under the eyes as on the eye lids.

I've been doing it for years!

Here's the caveat:

Test it out for a day and if you don't notice any adverse reactions the next day then keep on going.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:37 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |