Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Vit C with what?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
yuyu
5% products discount

Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

I read so much good things about the Vit C serum on this forum, but since you only suppose to use ones every 24 hours, preferably in the morning, what do you use in the evening? I am also considering trying the camellia oil, is it a good idea to combine these two? Thanks.
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
I use C in AM and use a variety of products at night. The usual though is alternating nights of Retin-A cream 0.05% and Age Limit AHA serum. If I'm feeling a bit dry, flaky, I'll apply rice bran oil (especially after any sun exposure.) If I'm flaky yet oily - schizo skin - I use jojoba oil. In deepest winter, with outdoor cold and indoor heat I use the Bio-Lipid cream from Cellular Skin Rx. I'm a fan of their products. Very nice and effective.
LAVENDER995
5% products discount

Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
After I did the search for cellex-c (someone suggested to use this because I have oil skin); there are a few brands pop up. Which brand name is the best for vit c? thanks for input.
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lavendar995 I have only just started using Vitamin C serum, having chosen Vivier, eye serum and 20 for the face. Its only been a few days and the products recommend usage at twice a day so for now, Im using it twice a day. Its a bit watery and therefore "odd" to apply but I hoping to get the hang of it and also hope to see great results soon.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
betterat40 wrote:
I use C in AM and use a variety of products at night. The usual though is alternating nights of Retin-A cream 0.05% and Age Limit AHA serum. If I'm feeling a bit dry, flaky, I'll apply rice bran oil (especially after any sun exposure.) If I'm flaky yet oily - schizo skin - I use jojoba oil. In deepest winter, with outdoor cold and indoor heat I use the Bio-Lipid cream from Cellular Skin Rx. I'm a fan of their products. Very nice and effective.

Hi Betterat40 -- the Cellulr Skin Rx isn't available for purchase in Canada, is it? You mentioned this quite often and I'm curious about it.
Pudoodles
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Yuyu - I don't see why you couldn't use the C serum and camellia oil afterwards...I haven't done it but can't see how it would pose a problem. Not all C serums are once every 24 hour application only - the vivier C serums can be used morning and night...I recently tried a sample vial of the Skinceuticals C 15 - which I *adored* - the texture sits in the middle of the very watery-textured Cellex C and the ultra-slippery Vivier -- I loved the Skinceuticals so much that I'm going ot order the SC 20 and let go of my Vivier for a cycle and see how I do!
Pudoodles
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
Pudoodles, from http://www.cellularskinrx.com/ship.html

'$2 Flat Rate Shipping
In the US and Canada, $2 Flat Rate Shipping for purchase orders totaling less than $95. Credit Card orders are shipped within 24 hours of receiving the order. Orders paid for with a personal check will be shipped as soon as your personal check has cleared.'

Now that's shipping that can't be beat!! Smile I'm using a SC sample right now but will order this brand when I'm out.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:25 am      Reply with quote
C AM
copper peps PM
Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:39 am      Reply with quote
I use SkinCeuticals C+AHA (15% C), as well as Cellex-C Advanced C Eye Firming Cream (10% C) every morning and at night I use SkinCeuticals Retinol 0.5% alternating every other night with DermaDoctor Picture Porefect which also has Retinol and Glycolic acid in it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
If you are using Vitamin C & Copper Peptides, just make sure that you use them 24 hours apart. Copper causes vitamin C to hyper-oxidate and basically invalidates it's effects. Research also shows that copper also reduces the transdermal absorption of Vitamin C by as much as 86%. So if you use them both, follow Guapagirl's advice and don't use them together.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:50 am      Reply with quote
Actually, my dermatologist said 12 hours between vit c and cp was fine. One as part of an am regimen (the vit c) and the cp at night...
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:24 am      Reply with quote
Yeah, Loren Pickart at skin bio said it was OK to use CPs and C vit 12 hrs apart, though he did say that CPs were far superior and that I shouldn't bother with c serum. However, I like the effect of C serum and the way it has evened my skin tone and reduced dryness. Also CP honk awful, so no way am I wearing them in the daytime Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
Yeah, Loren Pickart at skin bio said it was OK to use CPs and C vit 12 hrs apart, though he did say that CPs were far superior and that I shouldn't bother with c serum. However, I like the effect of C serum and the way it has evened my skin tone and reduced dryness. Also CP honk awful, so no way am I wearing them in the daytime Laughing

Embarassed What does "honk awful" mean...does that mean "stink"?
Pudoodles Think
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:53 am      Reply with quote
guapagirl does mean stink, but I wear the peptides daytime - find it totally inoffensive/neutral once on the skin. I find the strivectin is the most honky of all so I hardly ever use during the day, unless I'm staying at home all day and no-one's visiting and then it still offends me.
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:44 am      Reply with quote
I too find the Skin Bio copper peptide serum quite neutral once I'm wearing it. I would rather use it than some of the chemical or overly flowery smelling skincare products.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:15 am      Reply with quote
Whoops! You all are right - I meant to say 12 hours apart! That's what you get for typing while talking on the phone! Laughing
tinamarie8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
yuyu wrote:
Hi,

I read so much good things about the Vit C serum on this forum, but since you only suppose to use ones every 24 hours, preferably in the morning, what do you use in the evening? I am also considering trying the camellia oil, is it a good idea to combine these two? Thanks.

I use Cellular Skin RX C serum in the morning with Janson Beckett products, and sometimes I use camellia oil on top of it all if I am feeling dry. In the evening, I focus on acne treatment for my skin. Right now I am using Decleor at night, but will alternate it with Jan Marini (which is on the way).

Tina
Fairlyfair
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
Although the instructions state to use Vitamin C daily, technically the vitamin C benefits last 72 hours in your skin. I use mine everyday anyways, but if I forget or just don't feel like it I'm not panicking about missing the benefits.

I use mine in the morning, so that when I am out,it aids in fighting off the free radicals from the UV exposure. I'll add moisturizer a few minutes later.
Kk1668
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:18 am      Reply with quote
[quote="betterat40"]I use C in AM and use a variety of products at night. The usual though is alternating nights of Retin-A cream 0.05% and Age Limit AHA serum. If I'm feeling a bit dry, flaky, I'll apply rice bran oil (especially after any sun exposure.) If I'm flaky yet oily - schizo skin - I use jojoba oil. In deepest winter, with outdoor cold and indoor heat I use the Bio-Lipid cream from Cellular Skin Rx. I'm a fan of their products. Very nice and effective.[/quote]

Hi better40, I visited the site of CsRx, their products sound really good. My questions are:

- is the Bio-Lipid cream too rich as you only use it in the cold winter?
- Can I use the C+ on and around my eyes?
- Have you used their Age-Limit Advance Refinishing Serum?

I have combination skin, but the cold Canadian (Ottawa) weather has dried it out and it has lost its elasticity.

Thanks.

KK
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
My skin is combo so I generally can't use a moisturizer and sunscreen...Just too much for my T-zone. However, in the winter, it needs more so I can use both. I gave a friend of mine the Bio-Lipid to use as she was complaining of some sort of rash and she has normal skin. She loves it and didn't find it too rich. I love the way it feels. Sounds like given your climate you might like it.

About the C+ serum: I do use it around my eyes without any problems.

I use the Age-Limit serum on my "off" Retin-A nights. It makes your skin feel very, very smooth the next morning. You have to be sure and use sunscreen regularly though if you are going to use an AHA regularly. I'm a daily user so no problems for me there.

Hope that helped!
Kk1668
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:15 am      Reply with quote
Many thanks, better40! Razz I can't wait to see the results of these products!
KK
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:48 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |