Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
retin a discontinued
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Salome_B
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 07, 2014 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
In my country they have stopped selling it.. neighbouring countries too..
what are you using now?
Ollie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 07, 2014 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
Why did they discontinue selling it? What country are you in? I bet you could get it online.
Salome_B
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 08, 2014 1:44 am      Reply with quote
Singapore. They said Jansen cilag stopped producing retin a. I wonder how true
denisiel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 08, 2014 3:47 am      Reply with quote
I'm in Hong Kong and there is also a shortage of tretinoin. We used to have four different brands, some local and one from Singapore that I use (Stieva A). Pharmacies say the distributors just can't get stock for the past few months, they don't know why.

Dry skin but not many wrinkles; 50s and Asian; Topicals: Vit C, tretinoin, hydroquinone & azaleic acid for melasma; Likes: SK-II, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, Skinceuticals, Obagi, P50, Sunday Riley, Hada Labo, facial oils
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 08, 2014 5:07 am      Reply with quote
I bought Retin-A (made by Janssen, Canada) in both Kuala Lumpur & Penang last year.

Not sure if they are still available now.
Salome_B
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 08, 2014 6:39 am      Reply with quote
summer2004 wrote:
I bought Retin-A (made by Janssen, Canada) in both Kuala Lumpur & Penang last year.

Not sure if they are still available now.

discontinued... the last stock they have in hand expires july 2014..

the skin centre said cilag stopped manufacturing retin a. wonder true or not so checking here..
dionie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 08, 2014 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
Retin A is just the brand name. If you go to your dr Im sure you will be able to get a script for whatever tretinoin cream is allowed in Hong Kong. I use Steiva A, which is just the brand. The only differences in brands is just the base cream or gel, but as long as the active ingredient (tretinoin) and percentage is the same you would get the same/similar benefits.
denisiel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 08, 2014 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
dionie wrote:
Retin A is just the brand name. If you go to your dr Im sure you will be able to get a script for whatever tretinoin cream is allowed in Hong Kong. I use Steiva A, which is just the brand. The only differences in brands is just the base cream or gel, but as long as the active ingredient (tretinoin) and percentage is the same you would get the same/similar benefits.

I do use tretinoin but there is a shortage in Hong Kong. I haven't seen brand name Retin A in over a year and Stieva A has been unavailable for five months. The local HK brands are sporadically available but sometimes I have to wait a month or more to get a tube.

Dry skin but not many wrinkles; 50s and Asian; Topicals: Vit C, tretinoin, hydroquinone & azaleic acid for melasma; Likes: SK-II, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, Skinceuticals, Obagi, P50, Sunday Riley, Hada Labo, facial oils
Salome_B
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 08, 2014 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
dionie wrote:

retin a and stieva a same as contains tretinoin?
denisiel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 08, 2014 10:29 pm      Reply with quote
Salome_B wrote:

The active ingredient tretinoin comes in different strengths: .025%, .05% and .1% and under different brand names, such as Stieva A, Retin-A, etc.

Salome_B
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 09, 2014 7:40 am      Reply with quote
denisiel wrote:
Salome_B wrote:

The active ingredient tretinoin comes in different strengths: .025%, .05% and .1% and under different brand names, such as Stieva A, Retin-A, etc.

so basically both carry the same tretinoin and both good for anti aging?
Know it is dumb qs but just asking coz very few people mention retin a and not stieva a.

if stieva a is good as retin a then no worries. stiva is cheaper too if not wrong
Salome_B
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 09, 2014 7:40 am      Reply with quote
denisiel wrote:
Salome_B wrote:

Know it is dumb qs but just asking coz very few people mention retin a and not stieva a.

if stieva a is good as retin a then no worries. stiva is cheaper too if not wrong
Salome_B
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 09, 2014 7:41 am      Reply with quote
denisiel wrote:
Salome_B wrote:

Salome_B
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 09, 2014 7:57 am      Reply with quote
anyway i emailed jansen cilag however the email i emailed was the european side.. they have forwarded my enquiry to asian side.. i will update after they have replied to me..

if anyone out there has news whether is retin a is still available or not please do update..

as far i know in asia hong kong, malaysia and singapore don't have retin a anymore

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 09, 2014 9:05 am      Reply with quote
Janssen Thailand used to contract outt he production of Retin-A to OLIC for production.

However, the flooding in 2011 damaged the production of OLIC and Janssen Thailand had imported Retin-A from India since then.
dionie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 09, 2014 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
Why most people on here mention Retin A?
That's because most people on EDS have RetinA available in their country. Many people are from the USA on here, so buy retinA. Sometimes I say I use Retin A instead of Stieva A so as members here know what I'm talking about. Some people may not be aware of other brands so just makes it easier. Like I said retin A is not available where I'm from, but its not the brand I'm after its the active ingredient tretinoin. Other brand names are Renova, etc.. see link : http://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements/tretinoin-topical-route/description/drg-20066521
You would be best to see your dr. In Australia you can only get it via prescription, is it the same in HongKong? They would know what brands are distributed.
denisiel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 10, 2014 1:36 am      Reply with quote
dionie wrote:
You would be best to see your dr. In Australia you can only get it via prescription, is it the same in HongKong? They would know what brands are distributed.

In Hong Kong, almost all drugs are available without prescription (except for narcotics, etc.). You just go into any pharmacy and ask for tretinoin and they will bring out all the brands for you to choose. But now there is no stock of any brand.

dionie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 10, 2014 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
denisiel wrote:
dionie wrote:

In Hong Kong, almost all drugs are available without prescription (except for narcotics, etc.). You just go into any pharmacy and ask for tretinoin and they will bring out all the brands for you to choose. But now there is no stock of any brand.

Well that's a different issue all together.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:01 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |