Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Sunblock on top of makeup?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 08, 2014 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
I am looking for a sunblock/sunscreen that goes well on top of makeup. I don't care if it is chemical or physical as long as it does not create a mess on my face.

If anyone uses a nice sunblock stick that does not leave a white cast, please share!

Thank you!
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 08, 2014 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
If you have a full face of foundation, that will protect your skin from small amounts of sun exposure, like when you run out to do errands at lunch time. Most have SPF these days.

One reason Joan Collins always had good skin -- before sunscreens were invented -- is because she wore heavy, Pan Stik type foundation and a large sunhat if she was going to be in the sun for a while.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 08, 2014 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
Me too - in the winter, my foundation protects my skin from tanning/burning. All that titanium dioxide, I guess.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 08, 2014 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
I only wear concealer Confused
felixia
5% products discount

Thu May 08, 2014 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
Not sure if this helps...I use LRP Anthelios XL Melt-In Cream completely in place of foundation now. I mix tinted and untinted versions together to get a good skintone match and it's great - low coverage but more than a tinted moisturiser and very natural looking. Concealer goes on top with a brush if/where I need it, then powder to make it a bit less shiny. HTH.
ade
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 09, 2014 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:
If you have a full face of foundation, that will protect your skin from small amounts of sun exposure, like when you run out to do errands at lunch time. Most have SPF these days.

One reason Joan Collins always had good skin -- before sunscreens were invented -- is because she wore heavy, Pan Stik type foundation and a large sunhat if she was going to be in the sun for a while.

I totally agree with you.

Furthermore, we can find so many powder foundation with SPF. I think it works well on top of the makeup.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2014 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
What Ive been doing lately is layering my products (and this may not be to your liking if you dont wear foundation):

UnderWear Serum - has sunblocking algae and other natural ingredients

Uriage BarieSun Children's Sunscreen with Tinosorb

CelticComplexion 25% zinc tinted moisturizer.

Its probably overkill. Like wearing a Tampax, a Kotex and then a Depends, but ... I worked too hard to get my skin in good shape to have those nasty UV rays ruin it now! Laughing

Fri May 16, 2014 1:28 am      Reply with quote
I use the ultra sheer dry touch of Neutrogena. It gives a very light weight matte finish making a perfect layer under my makeup. I also use squalene supplements to prevent skin cell damage that dries the skin and worn-out makeup. It keeps my skin nourished in and out giving off brighter glow.
claire97

Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
You could try Colorescience Sunforgettable.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
I would wear a good UVA/UVB full spectrum sunscreen under your makeup. If this is photostable, you will be protected all day unless you go in the water, sweat, or rub it off.

I would not count on just foundation for sun protection unless you are wearing a LOT. Must of don't wear 1/4 tsp on our face and then another 1/4 tsp on neck. Some of the makeup have low UVA filters.

You can always use a powder sunscreen with zinc and or titanium dioxide to top.

Physician Formula from the drugstore has some options in a compact.

I prefer pressed mineral makeup.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:12 am      Reply with quote
Of course, stable suncreen is a must. But one has to re-apply it every 2 hours (!) and not all sunblocks/suncreens look good on top of makeup.

I found one that goes flawlessly (Elizabeth Arden 8 hour Cream Sun Defense Stick SPF 50)

It goes very clear. I use it on the run when I do not have a mirror in front of me.
lionesscg
5% products discount

Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:20 am      Reply with quote
I guess powder sunscreens would work for you
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:00 am      Reply with quote
Have not tried this one, but I do luv Japanese products for their elegance, adorable packaging, and effectiveness:

http://www.ratzillacosme.com/makeup/shigaisen-yoho-uv-powder-4-plus/

Its a zinc oxide powder SS.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
To use sunscreen on top of makeup, the better option shoul be sunprotection powder such as colorescience sunforgettable brush spf30/50. You can do your touchup any time. It absobs excess oil and make your makeup fresh.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:42 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |