Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

BB antiaging creams - your experiences
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
UKwithLove
5% products discount

Thu May 08, 2014 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hi community

I am looking to minimise my products so I can travel and be one the road, and still look respectable. Any recommendations for a good all in one BB cream, where I won't need any additional makeup? My focus is on antiaging with SPF around 30, and ideally tinted so I can achieve a decent sun-like glow. Any ideas?

Also, I've heard the Koran and Japanese lines are excellent and focus on antiaging, any thoughts?

Thanks all
sakura
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 09, 2014 9:26 am      Reply with quote
Korean and Japanese don't have dark enough colors for Westerners and don't have products for tanning. They are pro pale skin.

For darker BBs I suggest Marcelle a Canadian brand. You might not be able to get them to send International but they have an even darker one only online.

It's a good BB cream though the light was too dark for me. It was moist enough without being too greasy and had good coverage and lasting power with a slight glow. It's also fragrance free. Incidentally, Marcelle is one of the brands greatly influenced by the Koreans, you can see it by the type of products they are releasing.

I suggest also a pressed powder with SPF too as the makeup might wear off over the day. Use the powder to top up the protection.

My fave sunscreen is from Biotherm. I find if I don't get a chance to reapply I still don't get dark. I believe they have a tinted version. The tinted moisturizer with SPF from Lancome is also very good. It covers well and you don't need very much plus there is darker colors. I don't care for the scent though.
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 09, 2014 10:34 am      Reply with quote
I like this one:
https://www.itcosmetics.com/your-skin-but-better-cc-cream-with-spf-50
Kath91
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 09, 2014 10:39 am      Reply with quote
Found out just yesterday that MD Solar Sciences has a new Broad Spectrum UVA/UVB SPF 50 Mineral Beauty Balm w/ green tea, cranberry fruit extract, pomegranate extract, Vit C, caffeine, niacinamide, Vit E, COQ10, ETC.

Apparently, just came out and too new so they don't have samples yet.

But did request samples of their Mineral Tinted Creme (SPF 30), Mineral Lotion (SPF 50) and Mineral Creme (SPF 30) that all have the same AOX, but w/o the caffeine, niacinamide and COQ10. (Not sure of ALL ingredients in any of the above - their website doesn't list them ALL. - The Mineral Lotion does have aloe, though. Oh well.)

OP, just throwing this info out to you b'cuz I'm always on the hunt for an effective & beneficial SS or BB as well.
UKwithLove
5% products discount

Fri May 09, 2014 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the input all. Sakura, good points about the lack of tone range in Korean/Japanese lines. From my reading it appears they have the best options from an antiaging perspective, but I think there is a work-around which I'll come to in a sec.
Shasta girl, the IT cosmetics option looks good, but at SPF50 I think that's overkill for use in the UK; it would make a great choice for holidays in the sun.
Kath, the strength for me about Solar Sciences' new SPF50 is caffeine, I really think this is great active for dark circles.

However, after much reading I have narrowed it down to 2 products. www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/page=2/pagesize=10/ItemID=131980/
and www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=165233/Snail-Repair-BB-Cream/Mizon/BB-Cream

Both have excellent antiaging, and to get the tan look I want, a work-around would be to mix in a little gel bronzer!

One other point that I think needs more attention in SS and BB discussions is "how well do they photograph?" i.e. they may look a certain way in real life, but cameras can pick up on the SPF and make us look ultra white. This is where I think the tint is all important.
sakura
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 09, 2014 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
If you mix anything with the BB cream you will dilute the SPF. The best antiaging product is protecting your skin from the skin.

The Koreans have some very uniquely Asian products like snake venom and rice water as ingredients but they still make sure not to get any sun on their skin.
ade
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 09, 2014 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
I used several korean BB cream, and don't feel like them.
First, their colors are a little bizzard. They showed a grey tone on my face.
Second, they were too rich for my combination skin,could last long time.
But I cannot deny that they have good coverage, and easy to apply.
sakura
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 10, 2014 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
Most BBs are best for dry skin and have lots of silicone anyways so can feel heavy on oily skin. There are a few but not many good for oily skin like from Missha, I think it's called Vita.

If you have oily skin, I would suggest mineral makeup. Jlynne out of Arizona is good for oily skin.
sakura
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 10, 2014 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
sakura wrote:
If you mix anything with the BB cream you will dilute the SPF. The best antiaging product is protecting your skin from the sun.

The Koreans have some very uniquely Asian products like snake venom and rice water as ingredients but they still make sure not to get any sun on their skin.
UKwithLove
5% products discount

Sun May 11, 2014 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
sakura wrote:
If you mix anything with the BB cream you will dilute the SPF. The best antiaging product is protecting your skin from the skin.

Thanks Sakura, I know what you mean but if you use the same amount of BB on the same area, then you will get the same SPF coverage even if another cream is added. I just think that gel bronzes are a good way to get a tanned outcome in addition to all the BB benefits.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |