Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Hormonal dark spots. Cosmelan did not work for me
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Pablita
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 09, 2014 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
I have 2 quite big hormonal dark spots on each cheeks due birth control pill i think.
I really hate them, i tried retin a, hq, kojic, glicolic and mostly everthing but the dont go away or even get lighter, i am very white and they make my face look like is dirty Sad I had a Cosmelan treatment 3 months ago and while my face was kind of red seemed like it had made the spots lighter but now than the face is back to its normal white they are the same as before the treatment.

I was wondering if dermarolling with longer needles could help to fade black spots or maybe someone could recommend me something different.

I have started taking msm, have read in some threads that could help dark spots, but i am not sure how much msm a day should i take to treat the spots.
felixia
5% products discount

Fri May 09, 2014 11:02 pm      Reply with quote
I have had some luck with overall skin lightening using dermarolling at 1.5mm with tranexamic acid.

Here's a study you might find interesting (it includes a few before/after pics)- it also used 1.5mm needles with tranexamic acid in a series about 4 weeks apart and I think that needle depth is necessary to target the melanocytes effectively.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3800287/

I've previously had hyperpigmentation from dermarolling, I suspect from prolonged inflammation, so after needling at this depth which is pretty brutal I do a few rounds of red and green light therapy the next day to help bring the skin back to normal ASAP.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 10, 2014 2:58 am      Reply with quote
That's very interesting! I have the same problem, two patches of brown, one on each cheek. I also have a spot on the side of my nose. Sad

I think I'm going to order a serum with this ingredient. It's popular in Asia. I found this particular one on ebay that is a micro needling serum. They have several different types, including one with tranexamic acid:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Microneedle-Treatment-SERUM-Use-with-Titanium-Derma-Roller-Stamp-Skincare-/271294668926?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Skincare_PP&var=&hash=item3f2a6c207e

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 10, 2014 8:38 am      Reply with quote
I am definetely going to try te 1.5 mm dermarolling with the tranexamic acid.
Whicha brand are you using? And what brand of lights? I must get myself some lights to help healing as well.
And can teanexamic be used on summer on very hot places, cos derm told me to stop using most anti dark spot products on summer time.
Anyway nothing he gave me helped me at all not even cosmelan Sad
Pablita
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 10, 2014 8:40 am      Reply with quote
Inmacolata do you dermaroll for dark sports as well? I think i am gonna order that dermarolling serum from ebay too
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 10, 2014 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't started dermarolling yet. I will soon though. Right now I'm getting my skin ready with Retin-A. Probably I'll start in July or August.

I've decided to use one of the My-M knockoffs on ebay - several here have them and are pleased with them. I'm definitely going to check out those serums when I do. They seem pretty reasonably priced, and the seller's feedback is good.

Tired of these spots! They're much better than they used to be, and are easily covered with makeup now, but I want them gone, gone, gone! LOL

5% products discount

Sat May 10, 2014 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
Pablita wrote:
I am definetely going to try te 1.5 mm dermarolling with the tranexamic acid.
Whicha brand are you using? And what brand of lights? I must get myself some lights to help healing as well.
And can teanexamic be used on summer on very hot places, cos derm told me to stop using most anti dark spot products on summer time.
Anyway nothing he gave me helped me at all not even cosmelan Sad

I use lights from lighttherapyoptions.com . They are quite expensive (were cheaper when I purchased them) but I like them. I use them for longer than the recommended usage guidelines of course Bad Grin

You might be interested in the following articles regarding the use of green light (as well as red light) in wound healing:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22380691
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20001321

Green light for hyperpigmentation is also well documented as I'm sure you know.
felixia
5% products discount

Sat May 10, 2014 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
Immacolata wrote:

Tired of these spots! They're much better than they used to be, and are easily covered with makeup now, but I want them gone, gone, gone! LOL

If I can afford the downtime, absolutely nothing works as fast (for me!) as a 3-layer Jessner's peel.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 11, 2014 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
I had used a very strong TCA peel, 20% I think. It worked very well, but it was SCARY strong. I don't think I'll do that again. I did a whole series of them and each time I wondered how on earth it was possible to buy something this strong on the Internet! LOL

I might peel again come winter. I go through stages. Right now I'm in love with serums. Soon it will be dermarolling, and then who knows? Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 11, 2014 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
I was looking at what Cosmelan is and found a kit with a few products in it.

This cream pretty much surprised me:

mesoestetic® Hydra Vital Factor K Cream (50ml)
Hydro nutritional cream for face and neck. Hydroviton, VItamin K,
Vitamin E, Amniotic fluid, Glycerine, Silicone oil.

Amniotic fluid?? From humans or animals and YIKES?!?

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2014 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
Felixia how much downtime with that peel? Do you do it yourself or at doctors office?

Inmacolata how often did you do th tca peels and how many downtime days? And do you think facial exercises can be done if doing the peels? Because i had to stop doing them wirh cosmelan cos my skin got so thin i was scared to get wrinkles.

Amniotic fluid lol, i actually put that stuff on my face, guessing is animal fluid not human, i didnt like the cosmelan at all did nothing for me apart from thinning my skin and beingred for almost a mont, for what i have read over the internet the new formulation does not work well.
I have read good reviews about malanage, but they dont have it in my country otherwise they are using it here with another name i have not found out yet
owen

Tue May 20, 2014 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
Sad SEVERAL BLEACHING MASK TREATMENTS HELP NOT GOOD TO USE IN SUMMER HAVE TO GET THEM FOREVER BUT ITS BETTER THAN HAVING MELASMA IT'S CHANGED FOR LIFE I RARELY GO OUT ONLY TO WORK IN THE DAY TIME MY SELF CONFIDENCE IS -0 ITS MAKES ME LOOK OLDER ITS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DEPRESSING MY SKIN USED TO BE FLAWLESS JUST A FEW YEARS AGO I DIDNT EVEN SEE IT COMING! !@#!@$##$ SAD JUST SAD GLAD ITS NOT WORSE BUT STILL DEPRESSING Sad WHEN I SEE OTHERS WITH IT I THINK NOTHING OF IT BUT B/C ITS ON MY FACE ITS DEVASTATING!
felixia
5% products discount

Tue May 20, 2014 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
Pablita wrote:
Felixia how much downtime with that peel? Do you do it yourself or at doctors office?

Inmacolata how often did you do th tca peels and how many downtime days? And do you think facial exercises can be done if doing the peels? Because i had to stop doing them wirh cosmelan cos my skin got so thin i was scared to get wrinkles.

Sorry Pablita, I just saw this.

I do Jessners at home. This is the product I use http://www.amazon.com/Skin-Obsession-Anti-aging-Anti-acne-Treatment/dp/B0018P2ZEA/ref=aag_m_pw_dp?ie=UTF8&m=A2T4SPZGNBDEZH and the reviews will give you a good feel for the experience you could expect. My skin renewal cycle is probably higher than average and I can get away with 5 days for a 3-layer peel but a week is more usual for most people. The key to success is good prep and after-care (as well as careful application of course!). If you're not familiar with medium-depth chemical peels then doing it at a doctor's office, at least for the first time, is a great idea IMHO.

TCA is higher risk for melasma patients than Jessners as tends to penetrate deeper in the skin. For general rejuvenation that's great; for hyperpigmentation you don't need that (especially as the added depth comes with higher risk of post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation itself). I have done 20% TCA like Immacolata and absolutely have the same opinion as her regarding strength. If you can get hold of a downloadable copy of The Color Atlas of Chemical Peels then you can see which peels are recommended for different skin conditions, contraindications etc. IIRC, TCA for melasma patients is recommended at 10-15% maximum, to be layered over a salicylic peel. The salicylic acts as a penetration enhancer for the components of the TCA solution that will zap the brown spots and it's generally considered to be much "safer" than a straight TCA which could remove a similar density and depth of superficial melanin.

Hope that helps.
Pablita
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2014 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks a lot for all the helpul information Felixia, i am going to try the Jessners peel after the summer and download the colour atlas of chemical peels and educate myself a bit on the subject.
I want my dark spots gone for good too!
Windowdressing

Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:28 am      Reply with quote
Hi I am a new member . Just turned 40 have a 2 year old and been struggling with melasma for the past year .
Have done lasers, peels, Hq , and none of it helped .
Am finally seeing results with a few different things I got at sephora and neutrogena .
The dark patches actually increased and darkened at first and then almost peeled away .
Took around 3 weeks Smile
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
For those that are trying to lessen dark spots, are you using a high PPD/UVA sunscreen every day?

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
Window dressing, What did u find worked for you? what were the products you got at Sephora and Neutrogena?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:51 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |