Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

No results from dermaroller. Now what?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 10, 2014 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
I think I gave a dermaroller enough chance to prove it is worth my time and effort, but no matter how desperately I want to see results, I just do not see any!

My protocol for 2 years has been as follows:

1.5 roller or stamp every 6-8 weeks followed by HA.
0.2 roller 2-7 days per week followed by Vitamin serum.

Results: 0.0! I have not noticed any reduction is signs of aging. In fact, noticed absolutely nothing! I get better results from using just Retin A, AHA and sunblock.

What aggressive treatments should I try now? Tria laser? Ultrasound?
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2014 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
I won't be much help in terms of solutions, but I can commiserate. I too have done 1.0 to 1.5mm rolls every 4-6 weeks. I was not consistent doing the daiy smaller rolls though.

I don't feel there was any difference, certainly no improvement. Maybe I'd look worse if I didn't but, based on pictures, things didn't improve.

I've tried ReAura and ultrasound as well...nada. No results. I've just decided to start round 3 with the Reaura instead of my next months roll.

What are you trying to improve? For me it is lip lines and smile lines next to my mouth.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2014 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
ShastaGirl, I am trying to slow down the aging process. Dr F says that dermarolling can achieve natural skin tightening and improvement, and it did not happen.

I also used a 1.5 dermaroller on my stetch marks a couple of times and I didn't notice a slightest difference.

Maybe, as you said, I would look worse without doing it but that is not good enough for me! I need more motivation than that.

Some of the before and after pics in his book "Illustrated guide to PCI" look very impressive!
I am wondering if only people with severe skin problems benefit from dermarolling Rolling Eyes
dionie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2014 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
what a pity you didn't get the results you were hoping for.
I've been doing it for a year (not rolling but I use the motorised dermastamp)and found that it helped immensely with my pigmentation spots. Perhaps that combined with the right actives to increase penetration has helped in achieving this. I needle with HA serum , but actually use actives after it, like CPs, even other ant-iaging/lightening serums ..etc. I even use cream for my broken caps after needling and this has helped a little. I have no problems using acids on my skin after needling (maybe not immediately, but an hour after perhaps)as long as what I use doesn't contradict each other. I know a lot of people use it the next day, but my skin can handle it. My skin is more clear and pores more refined because I've been a little more proactive/aggressive ...not sure the right word? LOL . However I have been using retin-A for the last 2 years as well. But prior to needling retinA alone didn't help with my spots.

In terms of anti-aging I haven't found it a miracle. However I can't compare my skin not having done needling with having done it. Sorry I cant offer inspiration and ideas right now. To be honest I've preferred needling over LED and microcurrent devices, I suppose everyone is different. What I like about it is that it helps more with enhancing my skincare product penetration, so for me that's good enough.
What I have been doing is 1-1.5mm every 5-6 weeks.
I know you probably want to hear more about anti-aging, but I feel that the fact my skin is clearer due to needling, it actually makes me look younger. The fact that it enhances product penetration to assist with that is also a big plus for me. Maybe if you give it a break and see how your skin fares, you may notice a difference. Sometimes people don't realise the benefits of something until they stop and look back and realise that it did help. Does that makes sense?. Sorry I'm rambling and not offering any inspiration. My apologies.
Perhaps laser may be the next step for you?
GL
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2014 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
I was thinking the same thing RS: "is this even worth it??"

Setterfield inspired me to stick with it and redouble my efforts and use the right products. This is my routine and I can tell you in 2 weeks I noticed a firmer skin, tighter pores and more luminosity with using the DermalIntegrity knockoff vitamin and HA/CP serums (not affiliated). Slackness takes long needles (1.5mm) but Im mainly concerned about the 3 criteria I mentioned.

• 0.5mm DermaPen every 28 days followed by an hyaluronic acid serum and LED treatment;
• Vitamin Serum + HA/CP Serum the next morning followed by a phospholipid barrier repair serum, then sunscreen;
• 0.3mm MTS roller *every night* followed by either LED or SQOOM treatment then the vitamin and HA/CP serums. Vitamin and HA/CP serums plus phospholipid serum the next day and sunscreen.

Setterfield stresses to work up to every night rolling to avoid inflammation, but once I achieved that my skin took a turn for the better. Adding the SQOOM and LED helped too I think.

It sounds like a lot of work, and it probably is, but I do it before bed and its relaxing to me. And not harmful to the skin's barrier like peels, lasers etc.

YMMV. Good luck!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 15, 2014 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
I have had the most obvious success with single needling of specific wrinkles such as perioral, forehead and bunny lines. I think rolling or stamping these areas could have the undesired effect of thickening the surrounding skin, possibly even more than the lines, since the needles will have a better chance of getting well into the surrounding skin. So ironically, the better the surrounding skin responds to rolling and stamping, the deeper the wrinkles could end up looking Surprised.

For perioral and any other specific lines I would very strongly recommend single needling, maybe even having dry needling done professionally.

For expanses of skin without specific lines (eg cheeks, decolletage, neck, hands), I've been rolling and stamping. It's hard to tell whether there is improvement or at least age-stopping, because the area isn't so bad to start with. Certainly those areas don't look like I'm 21 again, but the skin looks as thick and elastic as when I started.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 22, 2014 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie, where did you buy your LED and Sqoom?

A knockoff vitamin and HA/CP serums? Are you making them yourself?

fawnie wrote:
I was thinking the same thing RS: "is this even worth it??"

Setterfield inspired me to stick with it and redouble my efforts and use the right products. This is my routine and I can tell you in 2 weeks I noticed a firmer skin, tighter pores and more luminosity with using the DermalIntegrity knockoff vitamin and HA/CP serums (not affiliated). Slackness takes long needles (1.5mm) but Im mainly concerned about the 3 criteria I mentioned.

• 0.5mm DermaPen every 28 days followed by an hyaluronic acid serum and LED treatment;
• Vitamin Serum + HA/CP Serum the next morning followed by a phospholipid barrier repair serum, then sunscreen;
• 0.3mm MTS roller *every night* followed by either LED or SQOOM treatment then the vitamin and HA/CP serums. Vitamin and HA/CP serums plus phospholipid serum the next day and sunscreen.

Setterfield stresses to work up to every night rolling to avoid inflammation, but once I achieved that my skin took a turn for the better. Adding the SQOOM and LED helped too I think.

It sounds like a lot of work, and it probably is, but I do it before bed and its relaxing to me. And not harmful to the skin's barrier like peels, lasers etc.

YMMV. Good luck!
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2014 6:42 am      Reply with quote
RS,

When you rolled, did you see pinprick of blood?

I have been rolling (1.0 mm) every month since Nov 2012. The first 3 rolling, I did not see blood; however, after reading an article of Dr. Des Fernandes in which he mentioned that bleeding did matter, I rolled quite brutal and stopped until seeing blood.

I do see improvement after 11 months of rolling - the skin texture is more refined and my skin gets firmer & the line of my nasoyugal groove is smooth out a lot.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2014 8:43 am      Reply with quote
I do see blood, but there is room for improvement, I can get even more!

Good to know that some people see results.

summer2004 wrote:
RS,

When you rolled, did you see pinprick of blood?

I have been rolling (1.0 mm) every month since Nov 2012. The first 3 rolling, I did not see blood; however, after reading an article of Dr. Des Fernandes in which he mentioned that bleeding did matter, I rolled quite brutal and stopped until seeing blood.

I do see improvement after 11 months of rolling - the skin texture is more refined and my skin gets firmer & the line of my nasoyugal groove is smooth out a lot.
Pablita
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2014 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
dionie wrote:
Hi,
I've been doing it for a year (not rolling but I use the motorised dermastamp)and found that it helped immensely with my pigmentation spots. Perhaps that combined with the right actives to increase penetration has helped in achieving this. I needle with HA serum , but actually use actives after it, like CPs, even other ant-iaging/lightening serums ..etc. I even use cream for my broken caps after needling and this has helped a little. I have no problems using acids on my skin after needling (maybe not immediately, but an hour after perhaps)as long as what I use doesn't contradict each other. I know a lot of people use it the next day, but my skin can handle it. My skin is more clear and pores more refined because I've been a little more proactive/aggressive ...not sure the right word? LOL . However I have been using retin-A for the last 2 years as well. But prior to needling retinA alone didn't help with my spots.

In terms of anti-aging I haven't found it a miracle. However I can't compare my skin not having done needling with having done it. Sorry I cant offer inspiration and ideas right now. To be honest I've preferred needling over LED and microcurrent devices, I suppose everyone is different. What I like about it is that it helps more with enhancing my skincare product penetration, so for me that's good enough.
I know you probably want to hear more about anti-aging, but I feel that the fact my skin is clearer due to needling, it actually makes me look younger. The fact that it enhances product penetration to assist with that is also a big plus for me. Maybe if you give it a break and see how your skin fares, you may notice a difference. Sometimes people don't realise the benefits of something until they stop and look back and realise that it did help. Does that makes sense?. Sorry I'm rambling and not offering any inspiration. My apologies.
GL

Which products do you think has help you more with hyperpigmentations after dermarolling?
I am trying to get rid of 2 ugly dark spots on my cheeks, cosmelan did not work.
I dermarrol once a week with a 0.5mm and apoly vit c serum afterwards.
How often do you dermaroll and wich lengh roller?
dionie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 26, 2014 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
Pablita wrote:
dionie wrote:
Hi,

GL

Which products do you think has help you more with hyperpigmentations after dermarolling?
I am trying to get rid of 2 ugly dark spots on my cheeks, cosmelan did not work.
I dermarrol once a week with a 0.5mm and apoly vit c serum afterwards.
How often do you dermaroll and wich lengh roller?

I've been doing 1-1.5mm once a month, or 6 weeks when I get a bit lazy. I think what helped is for about 3-4 of those rolls I actually dabbed a little hydroquinone,after my rolls, on the spots that I had pigmentation, just with a cotton bud, only on the spots. I've used this product before and its not recommended to be used for a long time. So I stopped it and only used it after my roll and a few days post rolling. Then I stopped. Like I said I only did it for about my first 4 rolls. I don't use it now. They've faded quite a bit, but Im quite religious with sunscreen during the day, otherwise Im sure they would return.

I actually roll with CPs, antiox and HA serums whilst on my skin. Everthing else goes on after these initial serums absorb properly. I've noticed a big difference in skin tone and texture, but no so much on wrinkles. I don't have a lot of wrinkles so for me its more about optimal skin maintenance. At night I then use argan oil before I go to bed. The next morning my Vit C goes on (12 hrs after) and that night my retina-A goes on. I try to get it all in during those initial 24hrs LOL Very Happy
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
dionie wrote:

I actually roll with CPs, antiox and HA serums whilst on my skin. Everthing else goes on after these initial serums absorb properly. I've noticed a big difference in skin tone and texture, but no so much on wrinkles. I don't have a lot of wrinkles so for me its more about optimal skin maintenance. At night I then use argan oil before I go to bed. The next morning my Vit C goes on (12 hrs after) and that night my retina-A goes on. I try to get it all in during those initial 24hrs LOL Very Happy

I'll try that approach before giving it all up!
Pablita
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the information, i am going to try it out too
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:56 am      Reply with quote
I have just purchased a 0.5 mm MTS dermaroller from Dermal Integrity ( http://www.dermalintegrity.com). Thank you, fawnie, for a recommendation!

Wow, what a difference! It is MUCH sharper than the roller from owndoc.

Perhaps, the reason I didn't have so much luck with dermarolling has to do with the quality of a dermaroller. Confused
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |