Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Dry Skin Brushing Wrinkles
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
pokerlady888
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 12, 2014 9:03 am      Reply with quote
I dry skin brushed with a brush I bought that is meant for the face, it is made of natural boar hairs. I brushed with it for about a week everyday, sometimes twice a day and at night, I was a little more vigorous with it. I'm noticing that where my smile lines are, I developed more fine line wrinkles on one side of my mouth and on the other I developed a much more pronounced small wrinkle that is really bothering me, it's coming off of the fine line wrinkle I already had around my mouth but goes off to the side, making my fine line wrinkle around my mouth look like a strange shape. These were not there before, otherwise I did not have this happen anywhere else on my face which is odd, I don't understand why this happened and it has been almost 2 weeks now since I stopped the dry brushing after I noticed this and my skin still looks the same in those areas and I don't see it disappearing. I have been moisturizing etc. How could this happen so quickly? Did I permanently damage the skin there and create wrinkles?
jenp7
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2014 6:15 am      Reply with quote
I don't think you damaged the skin permanently, but you can really stress it out with over doing exfoliation.

I just did something similar with drybrushing every other day, one time a day (which was a good schedule for the most part), but then I added in slopping on a super strong DIY Vit C every night, I dried out my skin, enlarged pores, created lines, etc. So I stopped all of that (going on 3-4 days of a break now) and will continue to stop until my skin barrier looks good. I am not exfoliating at all or using actives right now-- just putting a skin barrier repair cream on at night (something with Vit E in it) and in general taking it easy on my face. I read it can take up to a month for the barrier to repair. Also, be sure to drink at least 60 oz of water a day (and it takes 3-4 days to rehydrate) to help your skin recover during this time.

Dry brushing is very good for the skin, but I would not start out doing it every day, twice a day. Maybe 2-3 times a week, once a day, and stop when it starts to really hurt/sting. Slowly your skin will strengthen and thicken a bit with response to the brushing, and then you can go longer. Tonya Zavasta (spelling?) dry brushes now daily for minutes at a time, but it took a while to work up to that. I think you should use your skin's sensitivity as a guide.

After my skin heals, I will go back to dry brushing, but probably not at the same time I use vit c (since it is such a drying acid for me). I'll probably use that on opposite days or find a gentle C product for daily use.

Almost 40! with sensitive/responsive skin, using facial exercises very lightly. Derminator or prof micropen just a few times a year. AQ eye serum (great for lash growth too) on occasion. Otherwise natural skin care products.
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2014 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Pokerlady,

I would say that you have stripped the outer layer of your skn with over exfoliating. You need to be very careful now what y ou use on it to heal it. I did something similar using a laser. I had some minor lines in one area that got worse using the laser, where the lines appeared to be deeper wrinkles. I would check out healing products like the Garden of Wisdom line. They are all natural and they can heal your skin and restore moisture lost. I was amazed! You don't mention your age, but anyone can get "temporary wrinkles" from dehydrated skin. I am over 55 and my skin is now healed. GOW has many products that are water based and they will help immensely. That's my recommendation. Email them if you are unsure about what to use. Best, Aprile
acook3224

Wed May 14, 2014 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
If your looking for a solution to getting rid of these fine lines/wrinkles you should try Rodan + Fields.

Rodan and Fields Redefine Regimen & the AMP MD roller.

I personally use it myself and it has had awesome effects on my skin, and many other people who have used it are now addicted. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 21, 2014 10:54 am      Reply with quote
Thank you everyone for the responses. I used the same cream I have always used that gave me good results but this time it is not helping much, but also I haven't been using a cream at all the past month since dry brushing because I thought my skin was too irritated and so I just used cleanser and makeup. Unfortunately that extra line that formed around my mouth is STILL there. It seems to be permanently there now which I am horrified that a week of dry skin brushing did this, but guess I should be happier it didn't create even more tiny wrinkles. This new extra wrinkle is super tiny but it bothers me cause it wasn't there before and also the whole left mouth wrinkle line that I have was mild and now it is deeper looking which is very upsetting and I know it is from the dry brushing. I'm 26 and ever since I dry skin brushed a month ago, I'm completely serious when I say that the folds around my mouth and the wrinkles have become DEEPER and I look like have aged maybe 3 years older around my mouth in only ONE week of dry brushing.
Littleness
5% products discount

Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:49 am      Reply with quote
Hey pokerlady- I'm just wondering if your skin has improved at all since your last post? I noticed that another member recommended Garden of Wisdom, and wanted to know if you tried their products? I just ordered my first set and I'm outrageously excited to start using them!

I'm 39, and I went from having extremely oily skin (and always looking less than half my age) to EXTREMELY DRY, dehydrated skin, two years ago. There was a period of time when nothing helped the dryness. Not oils, not emolients, not heavy cream moisturizers.
Fast forward to now - my skin is back to balanced/oily, and only my under eye area is still dehydrated (I have awful crepiness and crows feet - it's so bad I try to never smile). But what helped my SKIN was basically time, reduced washing my face from 2x a day to once a day (night only), and lastly (get ready for this) - The Mary Kay Timewise anti-aging product line. Yes. That's what restored all the moisture back in my skin and made it oily once again. I needed time to have it balance out, but after a few months of the cleanser, day and night serums and moisturizer, my skin has zero dryness (again the under eyes are a different animal all together and I'm still working on that).

Also, I just started using a Vit C/E serum ("nourish" from Trader Joe's) and so far i ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. It's only been a few days, but I swear the lines under my eyes have improved ever so slightly. Also, I'm washing with oil (oil cleansing method) to remove my makeup every night, and in the mornings i exfoliate with that luxusious Suki exfoliating cleanser. I also recently purchased Emu oil and will be starting a separate thread on under eye wrinkle remedies/cures sometime in the near future.

I don't know - something about the ingredients in that Mary Kay line did the trick for me. Something to check out perhaps? Because it seems that your issue is definitely dehydration.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:01 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |