Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Andalou Naturals Products
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
bullet875
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2014 9:19 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried this? I bought the sample sized anti-aging kit and so far so good, but it's only been three days. I also like the sensitive CC cream or oil control BB cream mixed with Dr. Hanushka's bronzer. Has anyone sle tried these products? Thoughts?
havana8

Wed May 21, 2014 6:47 am      Reply with quote
I've repurchased both the Apricot Probiotic Cleansing Milk and Meyer Lemon Creamy Cleanser a few times and while I like both, I think the cleansing milk is better suited to my skin. I've also repurchased the Fruit Stem Cell Revitalize Serum a few times. Smile I can't remember what else I've tried of theirs but it looks like there are a lot more products since I last looked at their lineup. Are both the CC / BB creams untinted? What other products are in the kit? TIA!
packofdogsmom
5% products discount

Thu May 22, 2014 10:34 am      Reply with quote
For what it is worth, I value my andalu resveratrolCoQ, use it every night.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 23, 2014 4:16 am      Reply with quote
The Andalou Sensitive CC Cream is not untinted, but I use the sheer nude and it is perfect for my skin tone. I used the clarifying BB cream when my face is feeling greasy and I mix 2 pumps of Dr. Hanuska Bronzer into it. Andalou Naturals is highly rated on the EWG site.

So far I am loving it. I just need to find a non-irritating cleanser to take off the cc cream.
havana8

Tue May 27, 2014 8:02 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the update, bullet! I'll have to see if I can find samples of both creams.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 27, 2014 10:49 am      Reply with quote
bullet875 wrote:
The Andalou Sensitive CC Cream is not untinted, but I use the sheer nude and it is perfect for my skin tone. I used the clarifying BB cream when my face is feeling greasy and I mix 2 pumps of Dr. Hanuska Bronzer into it. Andalou Naturals is highly rated on the EWG site.

So far I am loving it. I just need to find a non-irritating cleanser to take off the cc cream.

Have you tried oil cleansing or any oil based cleansers? I find these are the best for removing water resistant sunscreen.

One that gets a lot of love on Makeupalley

http://well.ca/products/earth-sciences-a-d-e-creamy_11098.html

You will find this in the health food section.

Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:02 am      Reply with quote
I managed to find the 20% Zinc Oxide Clarifying BB Cream locally but not the others. I've only used it a few times but so far, the texture reminds me a little bit of the Vive Sana Solar to Polar Ultra sunscreen although not as thick or as difficult to get out of the tube. It disappears quite quickly into the skin though and makeup goes over it very easily. On a side note, I noticed that well.ca has it for way less than what I paid locally plus it looks like they carry the whole line...
havana8

Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
Just an update since I've been using this for a few weeks now--not sure how well it controls oil as my skin isn't very oily but rather more normal / slightly combo over the T-zone but for a physical sunscreen, I like it well enough that I would probably repurchase. It definitely won't work for those who have been eschewing aloe vera in sunscreen formulations, but thus far, I've had no irritation or breakouts, it's not sticky, makeup applies well over top (doesn't slide), the white disappears quite quickly into my fair skin and for the short times I've been in full sun, I've had no colour.

The only thing I don't care for is the addition of citrus oils since they can be photosensitizing but since they are at the very end, I am assuming the quantities are probably quite minute. Anyone have any thoughts on that? This is what the Badger people say about the addition of citrus oils to their sunscreens:

Quote:
Is the Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Extract phototoxic?
One of the citrus oils in this ingredient is photosensitizing at levels greater than 1.4%. However, the total percentage of citrus oils in Badger's Sunscreen Lotions is roughly 0.4%, so we do not consider phototoxicity to be a risk. Additionally, the active ingredients in Badger sunscreens counter any photosensitive characteristics, further decreasing this risk.
http://www.badgerbalm.com/s-64-badger-sunscreen-ingredients.aspx

In case anyone is interested, here's the ingredient list:

Andalou Naturals Clarifying Oil Control Un-Tinted Beauty Balm
Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide 20%
Inactive Ingredients: Aloe Barbadensis Juice*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) and Helianthus Annuus (Sun ower) Oils*, Sorbitan Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Fruit Stem Cells (Malus Domestica, Solar Vitis) and BioActive 8 Berry Complex*, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Hyaluronic Acid, Salvia Of cinalis (Sage), Serenoa Rapens (Saw Palmetto) and Salix Alba (Willow Bark) Extracts*, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Oil*, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Algae Extract, Zinc Gluconate, Magnesium Sulfate, Aspalathus Linearis (Rooibos), Hibiscus Rosa-Sinensis and Camellia Sinensis (White Tea) Extracts*†, Phenethyl Alcohol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) and Cymbopogon Martini (Palmarosa) Oils*
* Certified Organic † Fair Trade
beauty mask
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:12 am      Reply with quote
I tried this and it is quite good

Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:22 am      Reply with quote
I've been using the Fruit Stem Cell Revitalize Serum for a few months, both morning and night, and I love it. It is very moisturizing, and it doesn't cause breakouts on my oily skin.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:00 am      Reply with quote
I'm glad to see reviews on this brand. I just ordered and received a vitamin C serum with turmeric. I will update have an opportunity to use it after adequate time.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
Momidoll wrote:
I've been using the Fruit Stem Cell Revitalize Serum for a few months, both morning and night, and I love it. It is very moisturizing, and it doesn't cause breakouts on my oily skin.

I've been using it too and I do like it. Placed an order for the Super Goji Peptide Perfecting cream, which has great reviews as well, but I haven't started using it yet.
havana8

Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
I'm glad to see reviews on this brand. I just ordered and received a vitamin C serum with turmeric. I will update have an opportunity to use it after adequate time.

I'll be interested to hear how this works out for you, skincareaddicted.
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:24 am      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
skincareaddicted wrote:

Ditto. I wonder if it'll be yellow from the tumeric?
Judy Chen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
I have used Andalou shampoo and conditioner. The consistency and smell seem so pure. And they make my hair very smooth and soft.
Debb3485
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:00 am      Reply with quote
FYI Roots is currently running a special sale on Andalou products if there is a Roots organic market close to anyone interested.
havana8

Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:35 am      Reply with quote
Judy Chen wrote:
I have used Andalou shampoo and conditioner. The consistency and smell seem so pure. And they make my hair very smooth and soft.

When you says smooth and soft, I'm curious if you also get body with these? TIA!
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:32 am      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
skincareaddicted wrote:

Ok, the smell was horrible, and usually I'm not sensitive to Natural smelling products. I also felt the serum did nothing for me. I do not think the percentage of turmeric is very high. The lotion was slightly yellow but didn't tint my skin. I ended up chucking the bottle. Usually, I will save skincare I don't like to use on my face for my arms/legs/butt, but I could not stand this product. It also left a weird tacky feeling. I wonder if the smell or texture meant I received an old bottle? I'm hesitant to try any of their products in the future.

It did get me thinking of turmeric, so I purchased some organic turmeric powder off of amazon along with some pearl powder and base cream from garden of wisdom, and will start mixing my cream again! I haven't formulated in years.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
Andalou shampoo and conditioner give smooth and soft hair, but I can hardly say there's a significant difference in volume
Debb3485
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
havana8 wrote:
skincareaddicted wrote:

Ok, the smell was horrible, and usually I'm not sensitive to Natural smelling products. I also felt the serum did nothing for me. I do not think the percentage of turmeric is very high. The lotion was slightly yellow but didn't tint my skin. I ended up chucking the bottle. Usually, I will save skincare I don't like to use on my face for my arms/legs/butt, but I could not stand this product. It also left a weird tacky feeling. I wonder if the smell or texture meant I received an old bottle? I'm hesitant to try any of their products in the future.

It did get me thinking of turmeric, so I purchased some organic turmeric powder off of amazon along with some pearl powder and base cream from garden of wisdom, and will start mixing my cream again! I haven't formulated in years.

Interesting, I just bought it last night but it has all five star reviews on Makeupalley although the number of people who reviewed it was a little less than a dozen. I also checked the reviews on Vitacost which were great. I used it last night and did not detect any bad smell. It's slightly yellow and in a gel/serum formulation. My face felt very soft this morning. Several of the reviewers on MUA said they'd seen significant improvements in acne and thought it might be the turmeric having the positive effect. I know every product is not going to work for every person so it's too bad it didn't work for you.
Judy Chen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:40 am      Reply with quote
Recently, I tried Andalou hand creams. They work pretty good compared to those more expensive ones. It's not greasy, moisturizing just well and it lasts.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
Judy Chen wrote:
Recently, I tried Andalou hand creams. They work pretty good compared to those more expensive ones. It's not greasy, moisturizing just well and it lasts.

Are these scented? A nice scent is always a bonus. I am picky on scent; dislike heavy fragrance "fake" smelling creams.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:19 pm      Reply with quote
There are three sents- lavender, sea buckthorn, lime blossom. I have sea buckthorn and lime blossom. The scents are lovely and they work well.
Naturebox

Sun May 03, 2015 7:13 am      Reply with quote
I can confirm that lavender is amazing.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
ANDALOU naturals Brightening Turmeric + C Enlighten Serum

My review:

This is working well for my sensitive skin. Lightweight serum with no silicones.

Regular cost is approximately $32.00 cdn from Well.ca or your health food store.
From well.ca site

Features:

Made naturally without GMO’s, gluten, paraben preservatives, petrochemicals, phthalates, sulfates, synthetic colours, dyes and fragrances
Verified Gluten-Free
100% Eco-friendly
Vegetarian
Cruelty-Free

Ingredients: Aloe Barbadensis Juice*, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Oil*, Vegetable Glycerin, Cyamopsis Tetragonolobus (Guar) Gum*, Fruit Stem Cell and BioActive 8 Berry Complex*, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Extract*, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Lauric Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hyaluronic Acid, Vitis Vinifera (Grape Seed) Polyphenols, Borago Officinalis (Borage) and Rosa Canina (Rosehip) Oils*, Glyceryl Monolaurate, Linum Usitatissimum (Flax), Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) and Hippophae Rhamnoides (Sea Buckthorn) Oils*, Camellia Sinensis (White Tea) Extract*†, Laminaria Digitata (Kelp) Extract, Allantoin, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Phenethyl Alcohol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil*.

I don't notice a smell and the turmeric does not stain. (I am very fair.)

Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:41 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |