Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Peels
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
kjb
5% products discount

Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:00 am      Reply with quote
Can someone please tell me the difference between an enzyme peel and a AHA peel?

Thanks Smile

Edit - Also I have been reading about microdermabrasion and I'm wondering how this is different from just a "regular" scrub? Do they not both have the same outcome?
ktsweets
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:44 am      Reply with quote
For microdermabrasions, the difference between that & regular scrubs, is the suction. When you get one done, there are 2 different kinds - one w/ crystals, and one with a diamond wand (I'vd done both, I like the wand much better!). For the crystal one, a suction tube with a small opening (like you'd see in a dentist office almost) is rubbed against your skin, and the suction first brings debris to the surface, then the crystals (at a high rate of speed) exfoliate your skin, and then the debris (dead skin,etc) is lifted away by the suction. With the wand, there are no crystals, just a suction wand with a diamond encrust end, and it works about the same way. I like the wand much better because the other one leaves pieces of the aluminum oxide on your face Confused

As for peels, I've never had an AHA peel, but I've had a Pumpkin Peel (loved it!) and a Detox Peel (not sure what was used in it,but it felt gentle). I really liked them both, my skin flaked off for a couple days but the skin underneath looked awesome! I'd say though, that the second one was the one that really helped with my pimples... I need to save up so I can do one again Rolling Eyes
kjb
5% products discount

Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply Smile Regarding the microdermabrasion - the reason that I am so confused is the following........

Anew Clinical Micro-Exfoliant

Use every other day. Suitable for all skin types. 75 ml Professional micro-dermabrasion is a skin-polishing treatment that propels micro-crystals onto skin to stimulate blood flow, giving skin a healthy-looking glow. Our creamy resurfacing treatment uses aluminum oxide micro-bead exfoliants– the same materials used in a professional micro-dermabrasion treatment–to produce a powerful polishing action for newer, more youthful-looking skin.

...Looks to me like this is a scrub - there is no "wand" or any tool used to suction off the dead cells - is this still a microdermabrasion? Smile
ktsweets
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
I think they are considered "microdermabrasions", because it is still exfoliating & uses the same exfoliating material (aluminum oxide crystals) as a professional one. However, I think that using the word "professional" is misleading. I bought one of the (millions) of kits out there, it has a wand with a sponge at the end, that you apply the cream to, and the sponge spins as you rub the crystals against your face. A good exfoliator, but still, not like a professional microdermabrasion. It didn't seem much different than other exfoliating scrubs to me??
Liss
5% products discount

Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
ktsweets

above you have mention the two different type of crystal "peels".

The lady hwo does my facials (the only one around here, which I trust partially due to mixed results in the past) has recommended to me that I have the first type treatment that you mentioned.
I am wondering what type of skin you have, and how strong the peel is. Is it like the glycolic peels or more permanet?

Does it leave you skin red and irritated... I am only 22 and afraid of doing something at this age that might damage my skin premanently.
I do have big pores that I would like to reduse and I would like to clean my pores.
I have looked this up on the net and consulted my friends and it appers to be a lot of moms age 45-55 which has tried the treatment not their daughters. Does it suit all ages or is it just rejuvenatnig? Confused

Dancing Hope you are around
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |