Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Please critique my skin care routine and include your own
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Skincarejunkie_xoxo

Fri May 23, 2014 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all,

As I approach my thirties, I am revamping my skin care routine in the hopes to achieve the clearest, plumpest, most glowing skin I have ever had. My aim is to leave the house confidently make-up free. My skin is typically oily, sensitive and EXTREMELY acne prone. I intend to purchase the below but before doing so, I welcome you to critique my routine, provide alternatives and also share your own routines.

AM:
Cleanser: Kiehl's Blue Herbal Gel Cleanser - Contains 1.5% Salicylic Acid
Toner: SK-II Facial Treatment Essence - Contains Pitera (Rice Extract)
Serum: Skinceuticals C E Ferulic - Contains 15% Vitamin C and 1% Vitamin E
Moisturiser: Kiehl's Super Multi-Corrective Cream - Contains Hyaluronic Acid

PM:
Serum On Alternate Days: Peter Thomas Roth Retinol Fusion PM - Contains 1.5% Retinol
Serum On Remaining Days: Peter Thomas Roth Glycolic Acid 10% Hydrating Gel

* Note - Would the Salicylic Acid in my cleanser have any effect on the Retinol working or would it be fine as I am using it prior to the retinol?

Also, I was hoping for more of a Glycolic Acid Serum rather than the PTR gel. If anybody has any suggestions I would be grateful.

Thanks in advance Smile
Pandax12
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 23, 2014 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
Sunscreen?
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 24, 2014 6:46 am      Reply with quote
I also recommend an excellent diet of almost entirely whole foods, include green smoothies and no (or little) processed food, to get the glow Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 24, 2014 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
Pandax12 wrote:
Sunscreen?

That is my first thought also.

I am much older than you and despite using a photostable sunscreen daily for years, I do have two small "freckles". (I prefer the word freckle over age spot, brown spot or worst liver spot!)

I am upgrading my sunscreen.

My suggestions are to only change/upgrade one item at one item. Patch test everything.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 24, 2014 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
cm5597 wrote:
I also recommend an excellent diet of almost entirely whole foods, include green smoothies and no (or little) processed food, to get the glow Smile

I read this book by Dr. Graf years ago. I borrowed it from the library but it is available from Amazon. She highly recommends green smoothies and eating a clean diet.

http://www.amazon.ca/Stop-Aging-Start-Living-Revolutionary/dp/0307382370

My previous supervisor who is older than me ate extremely clean. I don't think she really exercised (except the running around all the buildings at work. She was a hard worker.) Her skin glowed. I don't think she wore much makeup (if any).

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2014 9:10 am      Reply with quote
Skincarejunkie_xoxo wrote:

AM:
Serum: Skinceuticals C E Ferulic - Contains 15% Vitamin C and 1% Vitamin E

PM:

* Note - Would the Salicylic Acid in my cleanser have any effect on the Retinol working or would it be fine as I am using it prior to the retinol?

Suggest using SK-II Facial Treatment Clear Lotion as your toner as you have oily skin and this will balance out your skin in the long run. Follow with your Vitamin C serum, let absorb for a few minutes and then apply the SK-II Facial Treatment Essence.

Also, Skinceuticals Phloretin CF is more suitable for oily skin than the C E Ferulic.

The salicylic acid in your cleanser will not have any effect on the retinol. Retinol has to absorbed into your skin and be converted to retinoic acid and this takes time.

Dry skin but not many wrinkles; 50s and Asian; Topicals: Vit C, tretinoin, hydroquinone & azaleic acid for melasma; Likes: SK-II, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, Skinceuticals, Obagi, P50, Sunday Riley, Hada Labo, facial oils
Salome_B
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:00 pm      Reply with quote
is sk2 more helpful or retin a?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:14 am      Reply with quote
Salome_B wrote:

Retin-A

Dry skin but not many wrinkles; 50s and Asian; Topicals: Vit C, tretinoin, hydroquinone & azaleic acid for melasma; Likes: SK-II, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, Skinceuticals, Obagi, P50, Sunday Riley, Hada Labo, facial oils
Salome_B
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:10 am      Reply with quote
denisiel wrote:
Salome_B wrote:

Retin-A

then why are u using sk2 i see in your signature if retin a is gd enough?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:27 am      Reply with quote
Salome_B wrote:
denisiel wrote:
Salome_B wrote:

Retin-A

They are used for different purposes. SK-II Facial Treatment Essence is great to keep the skin hydrated and helps latter products absorb better. It is supposed to keep the skin young but I use a lot of different products so can't attribute that benefit to SKII.

Retin-A helps build collagen and turns the cells over faster so that uneven pigmentation doesn't get a chance to darken more. It also plumps up the skin due to the irritation and this smooths out fine lines. I believe Retin-A is the best product for anti-aging and everything else I use is to treat melasma or to negate the drying effects from Retin-A.

Salome_B
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:30 am      Reply with quote
denisiel wrote:
Salome_B wrote:
denisiel wrote:
Salome_B wrote:

Retin-A

They are used for different purposes. SK-II Facial Treatment Essence is great to keep the skin hydrated and helps latter products absorb better. It is supposed to keep the skin young but I use a lot of different products so can't attribute that benefit to SKII.

Retin-A helps build collagen and turns the cells over faster so that uneven pigmentation doesn't get a chance to darken more. It also plumps up the skin due to the irritation and this smooths out fine lines. I believe Retin-A is the best product for anti-aging and everything else I use is to treat melasma or to negate the drying effects from Retin-A.

i am 25yo.. i am using a retin a and vitamin c serum for anti aging is that ok?
if ok i plan to use this 2 into my 60s...

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:39 am      Reply with quote
Salome_B wrote:

As long as you are also using a good sunscreen (and not smoking), you are going to look FANTASTIC! I wish I started on these products in my 20s instead of having to now spend so much effort and money trying to undo all the sun damage.

Salome_B
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:41 am      Reply with quote
denisiel wrote:
Salome_B wrote:

As long as you are also using a good sunscreen (and not smoking), you are going to look FANTASTIC! I wish I started on these products in my 20s instead of having to now spend so much effort and money trying to undo all the sun damage.

serious or not about looking fantastic? i use retin a and night and c in the day.. of course i use sunscreen... i carry an umbrella under the sun whenever i go... i eat vegetables and fruits everyday... i am planning to cut sugar out of my diet - aging... dun drink and dun smoke.. downside is i sleep late..

so all ok?

Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:17 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |