Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

myotone or nuface?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Lorraineg57
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 28, 2014 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not turning up much online?
skincarecat
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 29, 2014 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
Good question. I too debated this. I keep thinking something newer might yield better results but NuFace has a long history of fairly positive use and I can't find much on Myotone. I was considering both. The thing that stopped me so far from Myotone, is that it would seem harder to work around your face based on design. That you could work more angles easier with Nuface. But I also think Myotone seems good. Who knows. Eager to hear back. I cant seem to decide on which microcurrent to get as money is always an issue and Pico is a lot. Tua I liked but it broke on me several times early on.

I don't know anyone using Myotone. I know a lot of people did either start out using NF or Tua and some did Facemaster from my years on here looking back.
good luck, let me know what you decide or find out

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 29, 2014 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
What got me thinking of the myotone is the article on TruthInAging. She claims it's better than both the nuface and Facemaster. Like you said though, there's not much online about it. My b-day is coming up and I need to make a decision.
skincarecat
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 29, 2014 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
I almost bought it when they had a sale over memorial day but I chickened out.

Wish I could find some people using it, you know...

Lorraineg57 wrote:
What got me thinking of the myotone is the article on TruthInAging. She claims it's better than both the nuface and Facemaster. Like you said though, there's not much online about it. My b-day is coming up and I need to make a decision.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 29, 2014 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
yeah, me too. Let me know if you turn anything up.
bettyrose
5% products discount

Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
I'm new to these forums, so I hope I'm posting this correctly!
I purchased the Myotone about 3 months ago from Marta. I do like the product, it's light and maneuvers easily around my face and I was noticing results! Here's an issue I have, not with the results I've gotten from using this product, but their customer service.

Almost 4 weeks ago I noticed that the "silver" from one of the Electrode tips was rubbing off. I contacted Myotone and Truth in aging/Marta. Both companies responded immediately. Myotone said they had found that this defect affected about 10 of there last 200 batch. They sent me a return label and asked me to return only the device….Great, I was very pleased with the quick response and great customer service.

I returned the device and they received it on 6/4/14. I emailed them on 6/6 to ask if they got my device. I received and email that same day letting me know they got the device and they also wrote "our in-house engineer is looking at whether or not it can be fixed by replacing the electrodes or if a new one all together would be best. We should be able to let you know by the end of the day!" I didn't hear back from them that day and I waited until 6/12 to email again and find out the status of my product. I never got a response back. Today is 6/16 and I have not heard back from them. I plan on calling them tomorrow to see if I have better luck.

I know the product is on backorder from their company and also Truth in Aging. I do/did like the product, but I'm a little disappointed in my recent (lack) of communication with Myotone.
bettyrose
5% products discount

Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:16 am      Reply with quote
bettyrose wrote:
Hi,
I'm new to these forums, so I hope I'm posting this correctly!
I purchased the Myotone about 3 months ago from Marta. I do like the product, it's light and maneuvers easily around my face and I was noticing results! Here's an issue I have, not with the results I've gotten from using this product, but their customer service.

Almost 4 weeks ago I noticed that the "silver" from one of the Electrode tips was rubbing off. I contacted Myotone and Truth in aging/Marta. Both companies responded immediately. Myotone said they had found that this defect affected about 10 of there last 200 batch. They sent me a return label and asked me to return only the device….Great, I was very pleased with the quick response and great customer service.

I returned the device and they received it on 6/4/14. I emailed them on 6/6 to ask if they got my device. I received an email that same day letting me know they got the device and they also wrote "our in-house engineer is looking at whether or not it can be fixed by replacing the electrodes or if a new one all together would be best. We should be able to let you know by the end of the day!" I didn't hear back from them that day and I waited until 6/12 to email again and find out the status of my product. I never got a response back. Today is 6/16 and I have not heard back from them. I plan on calling them tomorrow to see if I have better luck.

I know the product is on backorder from their company and also Truth in Aging. I do/did like the product, but I'm a little disappointed in my recent (lack) of communication with Myotone.
bettyrose
5% products discount

Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
Update on my last post…They emailed me this morning and all is good. The person I emailed was out of the office and just returned.

My Myotone Facial Toning System is great! It maneuvers well over my entire face, it's easy to use and I do see results. It takes very little time to use it too. Right now the product is sold out so others must have heard about it and are using it!

Although there were only a few reviews about the product when I purchased mine (about 4 months ago), I felt it was a better product than Nuface and Nuface cost more. There's also a great YouTube video on advance usage of the product. =)
Lorraineg57
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
Bettyrose,

That's great to hear! I just charged mine today. I've yet to try it. I plan to do it every day and it just never pans out since I want to watch the video first and actually have time to make sure I'm doing it right the first time.

Have you noticed lifting or firming with it?

The only bummer is that they started a special the other day where you got an Ultra Renew Ultrasonic device FREE if you spent over $250. Of course the Myotone was over that amount. I did email and ask her if I could get in on the deal since I'd just purchased, but no deal. Sad
bettyrose
5% products discount

Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lorraineg57,

That's too bad you couldn't get the Ultra Renew device free, that would have been a great addition to your Myotone.

I have noticed lifting and firming. But like any at-home microcurrent device, you need to be consistent in order to see results. When I returned mine to Myo Technologies for repair, I noticed my skin wasn't as fresh looking as when I was using it. I'm excited to get it back this week.

Since I am in my 50's, the skin takes a little longer to notice a change, but I feel the device has helped with my marionette lines! Smile
LizzieG
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:35 am      Reply with quote
How does the myotone compare to the myolift? I know someone on the forum is using it but can't remember where I read it - think they said it was easy to use
bettyrose
5% products discount

Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hi LizzieG,

I don't know the comparison of the Myolift to the Myotone. I've read about the Myolift and it looks like a solid product, but I can't find any user reviews. I shied away from the Myolift because you need to use both hands to operate it, I was looking for something a little more user friendly and the Myotone does it for me.

Kassy_A posted on another thread that she would only recommend the Myolift and she sounds like an expert on these devices. Maybe give Myolift a try! Wink
Lorraineg57
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
Bettyrose,
Thanks so much for the response. I'm also in my 50's so I'm not expecting miracles. I'd be thrilled with any improvement. Laughing

Did you by chance do before and afters?
bettyrose
5% products discount

Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
Lorraineg57,

I didn't take before/after photos…that's a great idea and I should have to see if it really is working! Wink

I do feel like my face looks fresher when I use it. I also have a Quasar MD Plus that I love. Maybe the combination of the two has given the results I was hoping without expecting to look thirtysomething again! LOL……..
Lorraineg57
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hopefully I'll get more than just fresh with it. Heck, I'd be happy with earlier 50's! My birthday was a few weeks ago and one woman at work asked me if I was 60! REALLY??? Who SAYS that to someone????

My response was "No...but thanks for thinking that I look it!" ...hehe...she lost any brownie points she'd earned on THAT day! Bad Grin
bettyrose
5% products discount

Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:51 am      Reply with quote
I think you will have more than a 'fresh' face after using Myotone. If you use it on a regularly basis you will be pleased with the results!

Guessing someone's age is like asking someone 'when's the due date' and they say 'I'm not pregnant'....not a good thing to do.... Wink
MissPrettyPenny

Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
Lorraineg57 wrote:
Bettyrose,

The only bummer is that they started a special the other day where you got an Ultra Renew Ultrasonic device FREE if you spent over $250. Of course the Myotone was over that amount. I did email and ask her if I could get in on the deal since I'd just purchased, but no deal. Sad

Hi Loraineg57: Do you remember who is running the special of the free Ultra Renew Ultrasonic when you spend $250? I am seriously considering buying the Myotone so would love to get this other device too, if possible! That is really lousy that the company didn't honor your purchase. I might have returned the Myotone and rebought it just to try to get the freebie! HA! many thanks!
Lorraineg57
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
It was truthinaging but it was last weekend only.

I thought about it but returning things is such a pain... Smile
Lorraineg57
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:12 am      Reply with quote
Bettyrose, are you doing the basic or advanced program?
bettyrose
5% products discount

Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
Lorraineg57 wrote:
Bettyrose, are you doing the basic or advanced program?

I started with the basis because I didn't discover the advance until later. I would start with the advance because it targets your entire face! Smile
Lorraineg57
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
Just skip the basic altogether then?
bettyrose
5% products discount

Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:16 am      Reply with quote
Maybe try the basic for a week or two, until you get the hang of it and you feel like your ready to move to the advance.
Lorraineg57
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
Do you cleanse afterward? I don't like the idea of leaving the gel residue on my face.
bettyrose
5% products discount

Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
Lorraineg57 wrote:
Do you cleanse afterward? I don't like the idea of leaving the gel residue on my face.

I wash it off with water!

Have you gone to the YouTube video? Google 'myotone instructional video, advanced', this is a good video. He talks about starting off with the basic followed by the advance. The only change is do two sets of the basic instead of four before you do the advance.

After you've been using it awhile, I'd like to know what you think of it and if you see a difference! =)
Lorraineg57
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I've watched the video. I honestly haven't tried the device yet. By the time I try it, my 30 days will be up to return it.... Shock

Horrible week at work, words with the boss on Monday, written up for it today. My day today: forgot my purse at home, go to work, meeting with boss, get written up, got blood on my hand during a blood draw (I was drawing the blood) so I had to do an incident report and go get blood drawn in case the 80 year old woman has HIV or something....Forgot my phone at work and had to go back to get it...I just haven't been in the mood to mess with it.... Crying or Very sad
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:48 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |