Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skinceuticals clarifying clay mask
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
shivvie
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:53 am      Reply with quote
Hello again ladies, came across what sounds like a really useful product for a lazy so-and-so like me - description :
This non-drying masque combines kaolin and bentonite, the highest quality natural earth clays, to decongest pores and lift impurities. Botanicals and minerals are added to help heal and calm the skin, while a 5% hydroxy acid blend gently exfoliates. Weekly use leaves skin feeling healthy and purified.

An exfoliant and pore cleansing routine in one fell swoop ! ? And used only once a week? Even i should be able to manage that!

But does it work and has anybody tried this
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
I bought it and just arrivd yesterday. I haven't had a chance to test it out yet..probably tomorrow =)
shivvie
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:44 am      Reply with quote
Look forward to hearing how you get on with it Lianne Smile
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:53 am      Reply with quote
Shivvie, I gave it a try this morning.

Smell is similar to their daily moisture, odd but faint. Didn't notice it when I had it on, just when I put the jar to my nose.

It didn't dry hard, but it did get a bit tight. I applied it in a very thin layer as I don't want to waste product.

When I put it on and took it off I felt little grains scrubbing away. It was pretty faint, so I figure you may still need a good scrub once a week, depending on what other products you use (eg, aha/bha products to exfoliate).

My pores do appear smaller and less clogged than before. The mask was a bit drying for me (I'm combination-slightly oily but dehydrated). I'd compare the dryness to what you get after doing a good manual scrub. I'd definitely follow up with a good moisturizer (I didn't, I wanted to report back to you right away!)

umm..Hope this has helped!
shivvie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 13, 2005 6:13 am      Reply with quote
Hi Lianne, thanks for getting back to me so quickly - really helpful review. Maybe this might not be the product for me - was hoping not to have to do additional scrubs etc. Also, i have combo/dehydrated skin - but very dehydrated, so it is really useful to know that you found it drying. Hope the moisturiser helps with this and thanks again! Smile
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 13, 2005 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
My skin didn't feel really dry/tight after the mask...I just had some flakes left on my skin after. My skin gets quite flakey, that's why I'd suggest still using a scrub or an exfoliating product (such as their intensive line defense or night moisturizers).

I'm going to try this mask out again in a few days, I'll update again then.

I'm sure those with oily skins will really like this product.
MaryR
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
I have oily skin and I had the same problem as lianne. It just dried my skin out a bit too much.
CyndiK.
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:12 am      Reply with quote
This post should go over in product reviews...but I searched, and in an effort to keep the forum tidy, I'll continue this thread.

I've used this mask about 6 times. I have combination skin w/ a decidedly shiny t-zone. This is too drying for all over my face, much less my neck as Skinceuticals directs, but for areas where pores are noticeable...nose, the area between the nose and cheeks (crevasses and beyond), between my brows and middle circle of my chin -- it is so effective for making the pores look spotless...of course the little black dots come back in a few days, as sebum will. Its recommended use is twice weekly.

I'm using other products... OCM, aha/bha acids that may contribute to it's effectiveness, and I don't think I had the "spotlessness" the first time....seems like I would remember... but around the third use - I remember - Wow! I'm so excited about having this TX summer '07.

I haven't used other clay masks- such as the much less expensive Queen Helena that gets raves, maybe it'd have the same effect-- but this one says..."natural earth clays with a hydroxy acid blend to decongest pores, lift impurities and oils, and exfoliate the skin."

It's around $50 - $60 (I bought it at a spa and might have paid too much), but I'm not putting my fingers in and closing it tightly... think the 2 oz. will last around a year.
Carzie
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:51 am      Reply with quote
I have recently tried Aesop's Parsley Seed Cleansing Masque and I think it is the most "non-drynig" cleansing masque I've even used. It smells really nice, and leave your skin clean and soft. It did help me to absorb oil around the t-zone, but probably not as clean as their Primrose Facial Cleansing Masque for clogged pores.
CyndiK.
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
Oops~ forgot something in my last post/review (two posts up Rolling Eyes )~ the last two times I’ve used this product...when I've had the best results, I first applied my aspirin mask all over, let it dry (about 5 minutes), then applied the Skinceuticals clay on top but just in my t-zone~ and left them both on for about 30 more minutes. That may be key to my superlative results...or this method might enhance your favorite clay treatment!
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using a sample tube of this (thanks EDS!). First I apply Paula's Choice BHA 2% liquid then the SC Clarifying Clay mask on top. I've only like to use this on my nose, extreme inner cheeks and chin. It is really too drying for the rest of my face. Once I got it too high up on my cheeckbones and it sucked all the moisture from my eye area!

If I keep it in the right area though,it seems to really keep the pores/blackheads cleaned out which has always been a problem for me. I could really tell a difference from the 1st time I used it. I used it for the 3rd time last night and I think I can get at least 2 more uses out of the sample tube.

I want to try the BHA with Queen Helene before I make the decision to buy SC. Hopefully it will work just as well.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:16 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |