Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Has any one tried StriVectin SD for reducing wrinkles?"
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
tms122028

Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
I saw an ad and was wondering if StriVectin works? Has anyone tried it?

Thanks!
Wolfzone

Mon Dec 01, 2003 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
Works great - as great as Preparation H. I'm absolutely serious. Yes, I tried it - it's a glorified and costly version of Preparation H (a hemorroid cream!)

Don't waste your money - buy Preparation H if you want less wrinkles for a night - better yet - Botox!
dreamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 11:29 am      Reply with quote
I"d like to it but worried it causes acne.
Racecargirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
I know some women that have tried this and don't waste your money. There are other products on the market for the same amount of money (or less) that are far better.

Early 50s, blonde hair (natural) with red streaks (mid-life crisis), blue eyes, fair skin, small pores, very dry skin, some pigmentation (thanks to growing up in Miami), starting to see fine lines. Love my NuFace and Quasar SP and the CPs and Retin A are working as well.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
tms122028 wrote:
I saw an ad and was wondering if StriVectin works? Has anyone tried it?

Thanks!

Hello tms122028 and welcome to the forum.

There have been literally hundreds of posts on StriVectin, StriVectin Eye Cream, and their deep wrinkle repair stuff. If you use the search feature in the upper right hand corner of the page, you'll find plenty of info and reviews.

HTH
ckmini
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I'm new to this forum and i'm really glad to find such interesting topics on this forum!

To the question of Stri-Vectin, I haven't tried it personally, but i know a SA (she used to work at Saks) who tried a whole tube and said it didn't work at all. She said her stretch marks are still there, did not notice any visible improvement. Hope this helps.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 11:42 pm      Reply with quote
It's all hype! Forget it and save your $$$. I tried it, including the Deep Wrinkle solution and was so disappointed. I returned it and got my money back. Stri-Vectin should know we aren't going to shell out for products that don't deliver on their marketing BS.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 4:57 am      Reply with quote
Different strokes for different folks for sure becuase this is one of my old faves! My skin looks great when I use Strivectin original...I've never tried any of the supplemental products though....I think guapagirl is another one who has had great results with the SV - so it isn't a waste of money for everyone Very Happy I've noticed icreased firmess around the jawline and around the orbital bone...It also definitely reduced the potato skin look of my hands!
pudoodles
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 5:06 am      Reply with quote
Well, I used a tube of it on my stretchmarks and it faded them a good deal. Then I bought a tube of Strixaderm, which costs a lot less and did the same job.. I also used in on my neck lines and it did a good job there.

I'm using the eye cream at the moment and it's nicely moisturising and smoothing, I enjoy the texture of it.
jakee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 11:27 am      Reply with quote
Didn't work for me. Just caused breakouts.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 11:32 am      Reply with quote
It didn't work for my face or my stretch marks. I don't have too many wrinkles though, but it definitely didn't seem to do anything to justify the cost.
mermaid7000
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2007 6:12 am      Reply with quote
I think it depends on your skin. My friend swears by this stuff, and the reviews I've seen on it - which are hundreds - people either love it or hate it. I think peptides (which is the main wrinkle fighting ingredient in this) respond in some people, and others it does not. I think its the same way with any product.

On the other hand, my friend and tons of people have raved about the Arbonne C9 eye cream on how it did wonders for their wrinkles under eyes, well when I used it (for at least two months)it seemed like my eyes got worse wrinkled and dry...so go figure.
Tylor S

Mon May 07, 2007 6:46 am      Reply with quote

The product does not deliver as advertised. I have been using the cream for approximately 7 weeks. I reduced my wallet by one hundred dollars but not one wrinkle or "fine line". Sad Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2007 7:15 am      Reply with quote
I used this when it first came out. I used it religiously for 6 months on my forehead lines and my "11s". It did absolutely NOTHING. Please save your money!!!!

Lori

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
You don't want to use StriVectin on face unless you have really dry skin cause it's really heavy stuff. I use it on my body and the result is not bad.
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
crap, crap, crap.

One of the biggest $$$ expenses for nothing. I ended up using two tubes on my legs.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:19 pm      Reply with quote
I couldn't really decide if I liked it or not, but at least it didn't harm my skin in any way. If you want to try it, make sure to buy it a place where they have a guarantee like skinstore.com's 60 days money back Smile
Jolin
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:42 am      Reply with quote
This is the anti-wrinkle cream that my mum swear by it. She loves it. I do notice that the wrinkles on her forehead reduced in terms of depth and length. Her skin is also smoother and firmer. After using it for nearly 6 months, I noticed that her pores are more refined also.

I do believe it works on some people. You've got to try it to know whether it works on you.
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:08 am      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
Different strokes for different folks for sure becuase this is one of my old faves! My skin looks great when I use Strivectin original...I've never tried any of the supplemental products though....I think guapagirl is another one who has had great results with the SV - so it isn't a waste of money for everyone Very Happy I've noticed icreased firmess around the jawline and around the orbital bone...It also definitely reduced the potato skin look of my hands!
pudoodles

I agree it worked well on my skin as well. I had the best compliments on my skin when I used this. It does firm up the skin!
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:00 am      Reply with quote
Wolfzone wrote:
Works great - as great as Preparation H. I'm absolutely serious. Yes, I tried it - it's a glorified and costly version of Preparation H (a hemorroid cream!)

Don't waste your money - buy Preparation H if you want less wrinkles for a night - better yet - Botox!

hmm How does prep H work? And if it does, wouldn't the effect just be temporary?
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:17 am      Reply with quote
I was one of the suckers that wasted $100+ on Stri-Vectin - Did not do anything for me. I would rate this product as one of my all time worst purchases. I know a few people claim to love it but I can only tell you my experience, which was a big disappointment.

The Prep H thing: It's rumored that models swear by Preparation H to cure undereye
woes. And while in theory the anti-inflammatory effect of hemorrhoid
cream could temporarily reduce puffiness under the eye, the thick ointment isn't your best choice aesthetically.

Here are some instructions to reduce eye puffiness:

The puffiness of the eyes can be reduced with a glass of ice water and
four stainless steel spoons.

“Chill the spoons in the water and then place one over each eye. When the spoons become warm, switch them with the others chilling in the glass of water. Keep switching until you see improvement.”

Herbs:
“Settle down for two to five minutes with a chilled, steeped chamomile or green tea bag over each eye. The natural properties of these herbal teas help to bring puffy eyes back down to size.”

Cucumbers:
“Cucumber contains anti-inflammatory properties to reduce redness and
puffiness of eyes. Slice a large cucumber, reserve two slices to place over eyes. Peel and puree the remaining cucumber. This can be applied as a pack onto your face. Remove after fifteen minutes. Apply moisturizer thickly to seal in water.”

Vitamin E:
“A natural and effective treatment is to use vitamin E oil and rub the oil overnight around your eyes.”

Potato:
“Strain the juice of grated potato and saturate cotton wool pads with it or lay the grated vegetable on the eye between the muslin. Slices of raw potato will soothe swollen eyelids and reduce swelling and
puffiness.”

Castor Oil:
“A drop of perfectly fresh castor oil smeared along the eyelids will also remove puffiness.”

Egg Whites:
“A few egg whites stiffly beaten and applied with a brush to the face and under the eye will make the skin feel tighter and look less puffy. Add a drop or two of witch hazel, which also reduces swelling and will keep the egg whites from drying to rapidly.”

Deborah
meggiequn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
I'm planning to use it as neck cream, has anybody used before, any advice? Thanks!
wancy_2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:11 am      Reply with quote
I have tried it, it works, however it is too expensive
Loumomofthree
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:35 am      Reply with quote
I haven't tried it byt my girlfriend purchased it from cotsco..which may be a good place to buy it since I hear they have a great return polciy.
Lou
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:56 am      Reply with quote
I used to use Stri-Vectin...I have nothing bad to say about it. My face looked good. I got alot of compliments when I used it. It also helped diminish my keloid scars. I used it for almost two years.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:17 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |