Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
Anyone tried Mini Portable Anti-aging Dot Matrix Skin Care ?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:50 am      Reply with quote
Hi bluebell,

I also thought it may just be the head, but then I figured the part under the head should still feel warm, but this was cold also. There was definitely power in the unit, as the lights and everything were on, just no heat.

Does your unit heat up at all?

The seller has indicated they will refund, so hopefully it will get sorted out,

Jackie xx
maria51va
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:49 am      Reply with quote
After reading these posts, I took the plunge & ordered one - no issues with it heating up & the new instructions are a nice compliment to the video -
Just curious - how often do you use this? It seems like I could use it 3-4x week because the strength is so low

5% products discount

Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:00 am      Reply with quote
Hi Jackie the red lights are on, I think I can feel a little bit of heat, not sure if the heat is coming from the red lights mine could be the head as the first time I used it there was heat and I had to move onto a different area, but I only felt it once, so I am thinking it may be the tip,
I will have to wait and see, frustrating as I want to try it out after hearing some good results
bluebell
5% products discount

Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:04 am      Reply with quote
forgot to add the instructions that came says to use for 15 mins 4 times a week to start, except on the nose, once the goal is achieved to use once a week, and if desired to use gel
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:44 am      Reply with quote
bluebell wrote:
Hi Jackie the red lights are on, I think I can feel a little bit of heat, not sure if the heat is coming from the red lights mine could be the head as the first time I used it there was heat and I had to move onto a different area, but I only felt it once, so I am thinking it may be the tip,
I will have to wait and see, frustrating as I want to try it out after hearing some good results

I was trying to convince myself I could feel heat, but I think it was just warming from being on the skin. As far as I understand, RF involves heat, and I would expect the whole of the head of the unit to be warm during treatment, - very frustrating,

Jackie xx

Jackie xx
bluebell
5% products discount

Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
hi Jackie it could be the 2 little prongs that are on the head, what I mean is if you take the tip off there are 2 prongs, I tried to see if there was any heat when I took the tip off, didn't notice any heat at all, the led lights do not light up until the tip is on, I have just ordered another one from Ebay, as my thoughts are now the same as yours that there should be some heat without the tip on and that this device has a defect and I will be returning it
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:27 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I can try it on my hand and sometimes it will light up but then when I put it on the face it does not. On my second tip as well.

5% products discount

Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Jackie received the new tip have tried it out it does get a lot warmer, my skin is very pink after, and my neck does feel a little tighter, I sent a message to the seller to enquire how hot it is supposed to get, it states on the description that this a platinum head instead of the old one - better and more even energy conduction, more comfortable feeling and better result. so I will have to wait till they reply to see if it supposed to get really hot, I was impressed as to how quickly the new head came, pleased about that
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:54 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Bluebell,

does the head underneath the tip get warm aswell? I suppose it will be difficult to tell if the unit is faulty or if it just needs a new tip,

Jackie xx
bluebell
5% products discount

Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi Jackie it seems to get warm around the base of
the head, but when I take off my face and feel the head it feels cold, but warm around the base
the sellers messaged me to say.
There are 2 types of matrix RF, 1. treating on one area to another area, one section by section. 2. The RF probe keep moving and massaging. (The one we sell is No.2)
It is not supposed to switch off after 15 min of use. For factory recommendation, a treatment takes around 11-15 minutes, buyer can turn off the machine once finished.
We suggest 3-4 treatment a week at the beginning and reduce to 1-2 treatment a week once the result shows.
Sincerely hope buyer can enjoy the treatment and have great result.

that was his message, I will try for a few weeks to see what results I get,I have ordered another one much cheaper, the one I have seen Christine byer used on her You tube, I don't think she uses it 3 to 4 time a week, wondering if the one I have is more weaker but more gentler, I can certainly use it with no discomfort.
Hope this helps Jackie
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:04 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Bluebell!

Jackie xx
belinda james

Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:30 am      Reply with quote
I am learning so much from this forum. When you are discussing your results could you mention the name of the company whose Dot Matrix device you purchased. This seems to have some effect on the outcome.
There are so many different ones listed on e-bay & Amazon it is hard to tell which one would be truly useful
Thanks all
bluebell
5% products discount

Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:15 am      Reply with quote
Hi Belinda the device I am referring to it has stamped on it project beauty I have just had one delivered today it does not have a name on it they both look identical, and came in boxes identical the one that came today I have tried it out and I cannot leave it on one area more than 30 seconds it gets too hot, it also looks red where I used it, the other named device does not get as hot I could hold it in one area for over 2 minutes and still be comfortable with it, when I have used the named device, my face is a paler pink, but I suspect the one that I have just got I will be quite red all over my face, the one that is named project e beauty was a lot more money
hope this helps,
belinda james

Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:04 am      Reply with quote
Thanks bluebell That is exactly the kind of info I am looking for. I think different manufacturers make different quality items that is why some people say they see no difference & others love the unit they got.......just would like to see which units the most satisfied people are using.

Thanks again.....hope others will chime in too
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered a NORLANYA RF device last week on Amazon, paid around $99. Got it, along with ultrasound gel that I ordered. Used it already twice, and I love it. It came with the platinum head (I know others have the gold head and they updated it). If yours has a gold head, you can buy platinum heads on Amazon, $25 for 2. I think it all depends on how much gel you use. If you use a very very light amount of gel, it gets hot quick, if you use more, it takes a while to warm up. I think I've gotten the hang of it. This is the device.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BgBoZTDbL._SX450_.jpg

I posted a little about it in the STOP thread, but the RF dot matrix device has already really helped my under eye bags in just 2-3 uses. It's so easy to use too, which I love. I use the stamping method, rather than sliding it around.

Just yesterday, I found the exact same device on eBay for $70. $30 cheaper than the Norlanya, the one on eBay just doesn't have a brand on it, it's just a plain device with no name. Which in my opinion is the same exact thing as the Norlanya or Project Beauty devices. All these devices are made in China, some companies just stamp there name on it. Anyways, my eBay unbranded RF device comes today, and I will compare it to the more expensive Norlanya and see how it compares. I believe the eBay one doesn't come with the platinum head, but I'm going to switch out the Norlanya one and try it on the eBay one.

Here's the eBay one I bought. IDENTICAL.
http://i01.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/1948739811_1/High-Quality-Mini-Portable-Anti-aging-Dot-Matrix-Skin-Care-RF-Fractional-home-use.jpg

I'm almost certain that the unbranded one is the exact same device (even though Norlanya claims theirs is higher powered). Again, when I get it I'll do a quick treatment and compare. Saved $30 getting the eBay one and returning the Norlanya.
bluebell
5% products discount

Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:49 am      Reply with quote
Hi Ec Ihave just returned the branded one from
project e beauty the seller states the head is platinum When I first used it did not warm up at all I contacted the seller they sent me a replacement head, this one did warm up but it was only warm on my skin, it was pleasant to use
but not sure it would give the results I expect,
so I ordered one off ebay a much cheaper one not branded, looks the same as Christine Byer one she was using on you tube it does get hot and I cannot leave on one area more than 30 seconds
my face was red at the end which I presume is supposed to happen, the head that came with branded device the dots look slightly smaller you have to look closely to see, at a glance I would say the look the same,
Ec can I ask you when you have used it round the eyes how close do you get, do you use it just under the eye on the soft part? I am not sure how far to go around the eyes, It would be good if Christine did a youtube on the whole face
thanks hope for more replies
rmc7
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:39 am      Reply with quote
Bluebell, could you please let me know who you purchased from on eBay? I've been following this thread since its begining,the new one you got sounds most like actual thermage , hot and painful, but effective!! Thanks.

5% products discount

Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:44 am      Reply with quote
Hi rmc7
I live in the uk the name of the sellers shop is rosabeautystore I purchased for just £43.00 free shipping the link below

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331369090123?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=540557951449&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

the item number is 331369090123
I copied and pasted on another link on my pc and the item came up, hope it works for you, the seller has got some good reviews her track record is 100%
bluebell
5% products discount

Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:46 am      Reply with quote
I might also add when I used on my upper lip I could only hold there for about 20 seconds
rmc7
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:44 am      Reply with quote
bluebell wrote:
Hi rmc7
I live in the uk the name of the sellers shop is rosabeautystore I purchased for just £43.00 free shipping the link below

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331369090123?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=540557951449&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I copied and pasted on another link on my pc and the item came up, hope it works for you, the seller has got some good reviews her track record is 100%

Thank you so much! I just ordered it! I'll let you know what happens when it arrives next month. I appreciate your help. When I had the thermage done. I was given Demerol for the pain. I had my choice of pain killers or Valium but no topical numbing because the operator had to have me tell her when I couldn't stand the pain anymore and a topical was more likely to cause a burn. So it really sounds like you got a good unit bluebell.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:33 am      Reply with quote
rmc7 wrote:
bluebell wrote:
Hi rmc7

Thank you so much! I just ordered it! I'll let you know what happens when it arrives next month. I appreciate your help. When I had the thermage done. I was given Demerol for the pain. I had my choice of pain killers or Valium but no topical numbing because the operator had to have me tell her when I couldn't stand the pain anymore and a topical was more likely to cause a burn. So it really sounds like you got a good unit bluebell.

Oh, lord another gadget. I'm tempted. I really should pay some bills though. Smile

Let us know what you think!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:35 am      Reply with quote
I am so glad people are talking about these units again. I have the white one that most people are talking about (the one in Christine's video). I have been looking for something stronger and these are both 15 and 16 watts:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Portable-Dot-Matrix-Machine-Fractional-RF-Skin-Lifting-Anti-aging-Lattice-2-Tips-/251914529449?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3aa746aaa9

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Portable-Radio-Frequency-Dot-Matrix-RF-Fractional-Red-LED-Beauty-Anti-aging-Spa-/261833145782?ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

Has anyone tried these or have any thoughts on these units? I am looking to reduce treatment time and the first unit I linked to advertises only one use needed, but who knows, right? I think the description is so funny. There's a box listing the skin conditions the machine affects, and in big letters at the top of the box it says "WHO THE HELL IS MAKING YOU OLDER?" I just want to tighten my skin, not place blame on loved ones. Laughing I am wondering what difference makes this machine twice as much as the others. If fewer treatments are needed, it would be worth it to me. It says "A shock is up to 600 million times, and the effect of energy conduction by high-frequency high-energy is 7-8 times compared to other instruments."

The second unit I linked to says the radio frequency is 8.6 million times per second (its frequency range is 1-3 MHz). The white unit everyone has is 1 MHz, which should be 1 million. So, these handhelds seem to vary from 1 million to 600 million cycles per second. That seems like an extremely wide range between handheld devices. Of course, all of this is assuming that the descriptions are accurate and nothing was lost in translation.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:34 am      Reply with quote
Wow, the Norlanya is better, I'm gonna keep the Norlanya and probably return the ebay one to ebay. Its a night and day difference. The Norlanya definitely packs a better punch so they must not be lying about having more power. Unless my eBay one is just a bit of a dud. I also switched the Norlanya tip to the eBay one and tried. The eBay one heats up but never burns quite like the Norlanya does, and the Norlanya also gets hot towards the head of the device while using, on the eBay one the device stays cool while using. So I stand corrected, even though both devices are literally identical the Norlanya is definitely higher powered thus probably being more effective for thermage. Again I'm going to return the eBay one to eBay (eBay one was plain white, no branding). I'll keep you guys updated with my Norlanya!

Here is the exact device I bought:
http://www.amazon.com/NORLANYA-Anti-aging-Matrix-Thermage-Fractional/dp/B00F1WC4RO
bluebell
5% products discount

Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:38 am      Reply with quote
hi rmc7 pleased you got the order I did a treatment last night used the device after I did some micro current with my nuface and then applied a face mask Gatineau moisturizing cream mask this morning my skin is looking good, seems I will have to wait around 6 months I believe to see some real results from the dot matrix device.
when my skin had calmed down after about an hour after my session my face looked Dewey, better than before the treatment even thought it was red, I do get some results from my nuface but not as much as I would want but there again I am 71 I cannot expect miracle's, I believe this little device is going to give me a lot better results from the other gadgets I have had
I was a bit reluctant to go over the same area twice after watching Christine's video again she did go over the area a couple of times so next time that's what I will do
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:42 am      Reply with quote
This is the one I purchased by Norlanya.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00G48RK3C/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I think I need to get a replacement head for it. Works on and off.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:28 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |