Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Co2 laser resurfacing under eyes
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
rhill

Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
I am about to have a lower transconjunctival blepharoplasty to remove a herniated fat pad. I am worried about eye hollows but this fat pad is just awful and there is no way around it except to have it removed. My doctor also wants to do fractional co2 laser resurfacing just under eyes. I have heard bad stories about laser resurfacing and just wondering if anyone had had this done under the eyes?
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:39 am      Reply with quote
I have had the upper and lower bleph and they did the CO2 laser at the same time under theyeyes and on the whole face. Really cannot say it did anything at all other than prolong my recovery time. My face stayed red for a good 3-4 months and then little by little got better in the course of a complete year. I wouldn't do it again myself, just bc I had no improvements for that amount of recovery time. I have to see the gain for the pain, haha.

Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
Thank-you so much. I am considering skipping that part because either I hear no changes or bad skin changes. How about the bleph? I have heard bad results there as well. I am just hoping I am not making a huge mistake. Were you satisfied?
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
There is sometimes a change in skin coloration after CO2 laser. For that reason, many docs prefer to do the whole face. I am assuming here that you mean ablative, not fractional laser.

I have had CO2 ablative laser and it was brilliant - pores invisible, skin tighter. The recovery was a few months, as the new skin was quite pink.

Laser results are also tied to the proficiency of the practitioner. I would want someone who had a lot of experience with the procedure.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:36 am      Reply with quote
I was happy with the upper and lower bleph. I did have a little fat deposit develop in the corner of my upper left eye several years after which I am NOT happy about, since it will cost another 800.00 to remove.
I was also told that the cumulative effects of the laser can take up to a year to fully see.
I did not have the smaller pores or tighter skin, just the opposite. Mine was the ablative although I have had the fractional as well.
Glad it turned out better for you Mismis!

Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you both so much! I am having the fractional Co2 and am so nervous because I have very thin eye skin (Irish genes) and it is not very robust at all. Which is why my under eyes look so bad, and why I am fearful both procedures will have poor results. I just pray the surgeon knows what he is doing. I mentioned eye hollows because I have heard that is a big problem, and he acted impatient. Anyway, thank-you!!
Pablita
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
I had laser co2 fractionated in one of my eyelid cos i had an extra fold, is the worst thin i have done ever, made my eyelid lose so much volumen, after 8 months still there is less volumen in that eyelid than in the other, the skin is a different colour and texture.
It is getting better but it have been a nightmare to me, did not go out of the house the 2 months after procedure as my eyelid looked so aged and bad.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:36 am      Reply with quote
And it never hurts to google your doctor and search review boards.
I lost volume in my face after the laser and had to have fillers put back in. The doc kept telling me it would look better in a year and not so.
The blephs were fine but the Laser I could have passed on.
Crying or Very sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:22 am      Reply with quote
I have hollow undereyes due to bleph years ago. Using copper peptides with AHA and BHA and various other acids helped immensely. Fillers were great because they smooth out the skin and botox prevents more wrinkles from forming.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:31 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |