Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Does bread make skin worse?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Hawkman564
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
Ive been eating alot of Subway lately, like everyday. However when I do, I always go for 9 Grain Wheat or the Honey Oat bread, and only put veggies on it. My question is, does bread make skin worse? Ive heard that eating anything processed with gluten, will make skin worse, if i cut the bread out will my skin get better? By that i mean, brighter, smoother, more even?
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
The food question has been posted on another forum many times and it is really is a YMMV.

I went without gluten for almost a week. My stomach was much flatter; but I did not notice a difference in skin. The first phase of the South Beach Diet is gluten free. The author reports many people do well and want to stay gluten free.

You can try eliminating gluten and see how you do. Other products that can be a problem for acne prones are dairy (especially skim milk) and sugar.

My former supervisor has great skin. She eats extremely clean. As far as I know, she does not really exercise. I don't think she buys high end skin care and it does not appear she is wearing much makeup.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
As Autumn said, its YMMV, but Subway's "wheat" breads are mostly refined white flour, so you arent really getting much benefit from whole grains there.

Gluten,dairy and sugar have a definitely negative effect on my skin and its pretty immediate: I get dark circles the next day if Ive eaten them. Every Easter after I eat my huge chocolate bunny I get the "Easter Zits", too.

Try going without for 21 days and see if your skin reacts favorably.

Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:19 am      Reply with quote
Hi,I don't think bread can really affect one's skin that much as long as you don't concentrate on having it more often. Wheat breads are more advisable to eat. You may also balance it by drinking water or fruit juice because I believe that this will be an added factor to make our skin looks better.
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:54 am      Reply with quote
We are all genetically different. It is well known that some races have more sensitivity to lactose, for instance, because for many thousands of years it was not included in their traditional diet. Grains are a fairly recent innovation in human consumption, and the ones we now consume are far from the unmodified cultivars first used. Many people cannot handle the genetically modified cultivars well.

The best way to figure out food sensitivities is an elimination diet. This is a tool often used by MDs and naturopaths to investigate food allergy issues, however, one does not need medical guidance to use this health tool, just the will to research content of food.
diamond44

Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
Could be. Everyone is different so it is really hard to say but once I started on the Paleo diet I noticed my face got clearer.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:12 am      Reply with quote
Hawkman, if Subway is your only option, have you tried a chopped salad? If you add some hemp hearts you will get better protein than just eating the vegetables they offer. The chicken, unless its hormone and antibiotic free, would not be my choice. Nor would their cheese.

http://nutiva.com/hemp/organic-hemp-hearts-health-benefits/

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
Actually bread can affect your skin if you have a problem with yeast overgrowth. I find Subway's bread really yeasty at least a few years back and for me overgrowth of yeast from breads, sugars, mushrooms and alcohol would cause me to get breakouts.
blissedthistle

Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:00 am      Reply with quote
YMMV, but personally, carbs, gluten, and cow dairy has been pretty bad for my skin. Sad

I try to stick to paleo/weston price as much as possible, and I don't exercise. Even though I was still skinny before, I am more toned now after sticking to paleo. Smile

Unless you're a celiac or super sensitive, it doesn't mean you should go gluten free, it just means that you got to watch your intake. Enjoy your bread during parties or while hanging out with friends, but don't eat it like every single day..
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:51 am      Reply with quote
blissedthistle wrote:
Enjoy your bread during parties or while hanging out with friends, but don't eat it like every single day..

I personally can't live without bread but to avoid gluten overload, I replace half of my daily bread intake with gluten-free bread from Costco! It tastes yummy & more or less easy on the pocket.
panoslydios
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
Yup bread is too much yeast...

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:11 am      Reply with quote
Not everyone is identical and not all loafs of bread are the same, so it may just be about finding the right kind for you and your body.

My son loves bread, and eats loads of it. He eats it raw and slice after slice and I was worried at one point and took him to the doctor who told me that there wasn't anything to worry about. He had no issues either - no digestive problems or growth problems and his intelligence is good so go figure.

Hawkman564 wrote:
Ive been eating alot of Subway lately, like everyday. However when I do, I always go for 9 Grain Wheat or the Honey Oat bread, and only put veggies on it. My question is, does bread make skin worse? Ive heard that eating anything processed with gluten, will make skin worse, if i cut the bread out will my skin get better? By that i mean, brighter, smoother, more even?
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hawkman, even if you arent sensitive to gluten, dairy,sugar, etc., its the chemicals in the commercial bread that may be harmful. ROP:

" 'We are already in the process of removing azodicarbonamide as part of our bread improvement efforts despite the fact that it is (a) USDA and FDA approved ingredient,' Subway said in a statement. 'The complete conversion to have this product out of the bread will be done soon.'

The controversial chemical has been used by commercial bakers for the purpose of strengthening dough but has been poorly tested, according to the Center for Science in the Public Interest.

One of the breakdown products, derived from the original substance, is called urethane, a recognized carcinogen, the organization says. Using azodicarbonamide at maximum allowable levels results in higher levels of urethane in bread 'that pose a small risk to humans,' CSPI said.

Another breakdown product is semicarbazide, which poses 'a negligible risk to humans' but was found to cause cancers of the lung and blood vessels in mice, CSPI said."

http://eatocracy.cnn.com/2014/02/07/subway-removes-controversial-chemical-from-bread/

If you like bread and your skin and gut tolerate it, why not make your own from clean ingredients? Dont laugh, my DH learned to make it since he's the only one who eats it in this house!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
Of course worse than nice meal everyday and yogart! I found Yogart is really good. It makes me go washroom in the morning and detox!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:41 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |