Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Over exfoliation? please help!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
leannabanana

Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
A week ago I decided to try a new scrub. I've actually never really exfoliated my face much and decided i would give it a try. I purchased one that claims to be gentle and can use every day. So I used two nights in a row. I then lathered up with some new lotion. The next day I could tell that my face wasn't the same. When i tried to apply makeup it didn't go on smoothly. later i noticed the texture didn't seem as soft, almost grainy and rough. It stings and almost a burning sensation. And the worst part is it seems to have made my pores huge. Especially on my cheeks. I looked it up and it definitely resembles orange peel texture. All i have been doing is using cetaphil for cleanser and some curel at night for the ceramides. I bought some ceraVE pm but haven't tried it yet. Please anyone with suggestions i would appreciate so much! it does not seem to be getting better. going to the derm tomorrow, but afraid they won't have an easy solution. Crying or Very sad
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
What was the scrub and what was the new lotion?

Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
clinique 7 day scrub and the dramatically different gel from clinique
Ollie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
Sounds like you def over did it.....not to worry I've over done it and thought I ruined my face permanently. Itjust takes time to heal. I would try to stay away from washing your face alot. I washed my face only at night with Aveeno mild facial cleanser and Aloe Vera gel on at night and cetaphil lotion during the day under my make up. It took about 2-3 weeks to completely heal. Remember to wear sunscreen during the day and be gentle when washing your face. Your face will be back to the way it used to be in no time!
leannabanana

Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
thank you for the reassurance. i went to the dermatologist this morning and she gave me some hydrocortisone...i put it on for a few hours, but then read that it's really not good for the face? idk what to do though if my skin does have inflammation will that subside on its own? and has any one else had the large pores/orange peel look? and did that go away with time? thanks again
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
The hydrocortisone is for short term use only. I would use it for a few day MAX. Long term use thins the skin and creates other problems.

Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
my skin still stings. what can i apply to my face that won't irritate it any further?
Tyger
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:20 am      Reply with quote
leannabanana wrote:
my skin still stings. what can i apply to my face that won't irritate it any further?

You could try baby lotion/soap. I have used baby lotion for years as a cleanser/eye makeup remover and it doesn't irritate. Get the purest possible.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
The less you do at this point the better leanna. Just rinse with plain water and then apply some mild plain oil like olive oil or coconut oil on the damp skin to seal in moisture. Nothing scented, colored, preserved, alcoholic or acidic. Please read here:

http://www.corneotherapy.org/articles/article-library/119-the-epidemic-of-over-exfoliation

The orange peel look is the inflamed skin and swelling. It will go away if you treat your skin gently from here on out.

Of course stay out of the sun so that the newly forming skin doesnt get burned and/or hyperpigmented. Hope you heal soon!

Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:57 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |