Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Types of showerhead filter and the best one?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Hawkman564
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:58 am      Reply with quote
So is there a certain showerhead filter that's better? I'm trying to find one that works really great
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:00 am      Reply with quote
I've used a couple different brands over the years and didn't really notice a difference. I'm have one by Sprite now and like it.
Hawkman564
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:48 am      Reply with quote
What sprite filter do you have? I hear very good things bout them
Ollie
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
Shower head for what? To turn hard water into soft?
Hawkman564
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
Yes. I hope to
Find one that turns hard water soft and removes chlorine
Ollie
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
I have been searching for the same thing and haven't found the right balance. I purchased a GE filter that didn'tdo much or so I thought. Then I bought a Sprite filter and it made my hair too soft, really flat and unmanageable. So, I went back to the GE filter until I find something better. I'm thinking that more than chlorine needs to be taken out of the water for it be effective for your hair. Have you tried any filter's yourself? I've heard great things about Malibu C shampoo for hard water hair. Have you tried anything like that?
Hawkman564
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using Aquasanas showerhead filter. I think it's ok. But I bought a water tester with check for how many particles are floating in the water in parts per million. And it was. 350 the same as the water not filtered. And it's also considered hard water at that number. So I'm not really sure it's doing anything
Penta
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:48 am      Reply with quote
How funny, just asked a similar question.

I also tried Aqua Sana. I can definitely not recommend them. It seemed like there was still chlorine in the water and the water was still really hard.
Ollie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:50 am      Reply with quote
do you guys think it's more than chlorine in the water like I do? are there filters out there that get rid of more than just chlorine?
Hawkman564
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:06 am      Reply with quote
Yea I'm glad you agree bout Aquasana I don't really think it does anything. I did at first but lately I don't see a diff. I also like I said got a tester that test the amount of dissolved solids in the water and it was no different then the unfiltered. It was also considered according to the test as hard water. And Ollie idk if there is more but probably. I understand they make filters that take out metals if there are any. But does anyone have any other recommendations. I'm
Gonna gather a list of 3-4 and search around for reviews then try out a different one. I think I may go for the Sprite one next. I hear good
Things
Penta
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, Ollie, I agree. It's probably more than just the chlorine. When I travel to European countries with hard but unchlorinated water my skin still gets really dry and rashy and my hair becomes gross and sticky.
Ollie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:08 am      Reply with quote
I tried the sprite filter Hawkman...beware it may make your hair too soft. IT mmade mine much too soft, I couldn't even put it up in a pony, it kept falling out. Still searching for the perfect filter myself!
Hawkman564
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:11 am      Reply with quote
Ollie wrote:
I tried the sprite filter Hawkman...beware it may make your hair too soft. IT mmade mine much too soft, I couldn't even put it up in a pony, it kept falling out. Still searching for the perfect filter myself!

Intresting, thanks, that maybe something to watch for. I put argon oil in my hair after so hopefully that will help. I read online someone said that the best to try is a sprite followed by a vitamin c filter. While this maybe a lil much, I'm none the less intrigued. I order the sprite one today and it will be here thurs I will do a week long test as well as use the electronic dissolved solids tester to see if there is change from the Aquasana. I also found 2 review sites that reviewed a bunch of filters and also came to the conclusion that sprite or vitamin c were really the only ones that worked
Hawkman564
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:18 am      Reply with quote
Sprite is no good. I tried it and it seems to dry out my skin more then the Aquasana? Back to the drawing board I guess
Penta
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
Ugh. Sad to hear, Hawkman. What did your tester say about Sprite?
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
I dont know what the "best" filter is, depends upon your water and your needs I guess, but I like my T3 shower filter. My hair is bouncier and the color seems to last longer. My skin isnt as itchy or tight either. We have semi-hard city water and tons of chlorine.

http://www.t3micro.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=82&products_id=282

Jonathan Beauty Water is another similar one available at Sephora. I got the T3 at Amazon.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:20 am      Reply with quote
Hawkman564 wrote:

It the one that has the long cylinder filter.
Hawkman564
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:52 am      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
Hawkman564 wrote:

It the one that has the long cylinder filter.

I have the silver one with a short filter, maybe 5 inches long.

The tester said the sprite was the same as the Aquasana, which was the same as the regular tap water, or 200 ppm cold, 375 ppm hot

Idk guys, my skin just feels drier then even with the aquasana, i think i may go even a deeper route and buy a 20 dollar chlorine test kit too, and test all three, idk any thoughts, im really confused :/
Penta
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hawkman, that would be really informative, actually. Please let me know if you do.
I also felt super confused about the aquasana not working and making my skin just as itchy. Confused

fawnie, I've never heard of the T3. Do you think your water is softer now or does it just filter out chlorine?
luyan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:07 am      Reply with quote
I also wanna find one, if you find it pls tell me~Tks

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hawkman, Did you ever get the test to check your water? Anyone else find a good filter that really works?
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:59 am      Reply with quote
Apparently vitamin C infused shower heads are being installed in $50M condos in Manhattan. They replace chlorine with healthy vitamin C is the theory:

http://sonakishowerheads.com/

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
Here are my results...

Sprite Showerhead
So after 3 weeks of use, i still find the Sprite to be overly drying. Ive run a few tests, amateur of course, but here are the findings

It definitely removes alot of chlorine, i ran a test, and id say it removes 90%, while i found my water before wasnt overtly chlorinated, after it was nearly completely chlorine free

It still doesnt do anything to reduce the hardness of the water, Total Dissolves Solid test revealed 200 ppm. Which is the same as the regular tap water, on the charted the tester comes with 200 ppm is categorized as Hard Water

Finally, i ran a pH test on my water, its actually quite disheartening. The pH of the water is at 8.5, which is an increase of almost one point. The regular tap has about 7.6 pH

Now im Happy that the chlorine has been removed, but im wondering about the alkalinity of the water im bathing in. Is that high of a pH (pH 8.5 or so) drying out my naturally acidic skin (pH 5.5 or so), or is it the high dissolved solids, at 200 ppm, which classifies as hard water.

(All tests were done with COLD water, the readings were worse with warm or hot)

Thanks to anyone with answers and i hope the testing helped
Ollie
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
Well that stinks! So, that means none of these shower filters really get rid of "hard water" just chlorine. I'm thinking it's all the other chemicals in the water that causes it to become hard. How do you filter out those? Would the vitamin C filter help at least some? Anyone who has tried the filter with Vitamin C, please let us know how it's worked for dry skin and hair?? Thanks for letting us know Hawkman!! Great analysis!
Hawkman564
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Ollie! Lol i sound like tom tucker (family guy reference). Anyway I will try a vitamin c filter next. Then perhaps trying to daisy chain 2 in a row and see what happens. Does anyone have any ideas what pH is best for showering? Thanks.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:18 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |