Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Tell my all your secrets and favorites for hands and nails..
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
naia2006
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:18 am      Reply with quote
My hands look terrible---always dry on the ends of fingers and dry nails. I need some serious tips and tricks. They have always been like this but I'm determined to find some products and routines that will make a difference...TIA~
Ollie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:52 am      Reply with quote
My personal favorite for hands and nails that works wonders is Goldbond extreme hand cream. I put it on my hands and nails before going to sleep and the next day my hands are soft all day long. No more dry, cracked fingernails. Plus it has a really nice smell. During the winter, I put it on during the day as well. In addition, I also do hand exfoliation treatments. Which is a little sugar mixed with olive oil or any type of oil and you rub it all over your hands and nails gently. Massage for about 5 mins then wash off with soap. You will love how your hands feel afterwards. Like a baby's bottom...lol.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:51 am      Reply with quote
I agree that a good hand cream is a must! I also condition my cuticles and nails. Look for nail oil or cuticle cream. You can also use just plain oil from your kitchen.

I also treat my hands similar to my face; use your facial treatments and always protect with gloves or sunscreen.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
(1) always wear rubber gloves when doing wet work
(2) keep an eye on nails, rub the ends over a fine fabric daily and if they catch, time to file
- always carry a fine file (I like crystal) or emery board.
(3) if you split a nail, get it covered with gel, either DIY or go to a salon. Will save your nails. You can also get "silk" nail covers to help mend splits, available at Sally's or Walmart.
If you care enough, you can have beautiful nails. Cultivate the habit of keeping an eye on what is happening at the ends of yuur fingers.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
Nailtiques products for nails. I love heir nail strengthener (formula 2) and oil for cuticles.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/nailtiques.htm
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:11 am      Reply with quote
Mavala Scientifique nail hardener- the only thing that has ever worked for me.

My nails are thin due to vitamin issues and break easily - it is the only product that makes my nails look good.

people never believe I have nail issues.

Also Abundance Naturally baby balm, it repaired the small cracks in my fingers from dry skin, winter and too much hand washing!

Abundance Naturally has a stretch mark balm also, but I like the baby one better.

Weleda healing cream that EDS sells is also really good.
Chlorophyll
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
Absolutely wonderful ideas in this thread. Smile

I've got TERRIBLE nails, let me tell you! As far as products are concerned, I have to use a DIY cuticle oil with a very large amount of liquid lecithin in it. I don't think the lecithin actually penetrates the nails (or not very far, if it does penetrate.) But there's something about it that works great for nails! Maybe it just moisturizes really well. Idk.
denisiel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:59 am      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
Nailtiques products for nails. I love heir nail strengthener (formula 2) and oil for cuticles.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/nailtiques.htm

Second the Nailtiques #2, this saved my splitting peeling nails. Now I take Biotin and my nails are so incredibly strong that I can go without polish or Nailtiques. My nails are quite long and always needed to be polished to prevent tearing.

Always wear gloves when washing dishes or doing gardening. Also, never cut your cuticles. I don't know the science behind it but everyone I know with long strong nails never cuts their cuticles.

Dry skin but not many wrinkles; 50s and Asian; Topicals: Vit C, tretinoin, hydroquinone & azaleic acid for melasma; Likes: SK-II, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, Skinceuticals, Obagi, P50, Sunday Riley, Hada Labo, facial oils
luyan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
I like kiehl's hand cream,always~ Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:42 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you all for such great recs, you are all so helpful and have terrific suggestions.
luyan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:54 am      Reply with quote
Tks for sharing~

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:50 am      Reply with quote
This is something I wish to ask. I wash hands a lot and my cuticles and nails are dry, so that I need to bring a clipper to trim any stiff cuticles any time, or it pains me. I am always looking for something that is able to improve my this dry hand problem. Thank you for sharing.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:20 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |