Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Hair Thickener that really works?

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Ollie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know of an inexpensive product that really thickens hair naturally (if possible)? Or grows back hair without minoxidil?
ShastaGirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
I've not tried it, but you might want to look into the copper peptide hair serums.
YB
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
Henna will definitely thicken hair and help with many other hair and scalp problems.

But you only can use it if you don’t color your hair.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
How do you use the Henna? Is it a shampoo?
YB
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
I used to buy it in powder form. You mix it with water, make a hair mask and keep for an hour or two. The longer - the better.
It thickens and nourish your hair. You can also buy it in different color tones.

I know today there are creams and shampoos with henna, but i am not sure it will work as good as the original powder.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=henna&sprefix=henna%2Caps&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Ahenna&ajr=2

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:50 am      Reply with quote
Is it possible to get henna without hair dye? I don't need or want to dye my hair. How about coconut oil? What does that do for your hair?
YB
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
Ollie wrote:
Is it possible to get henna without hair dye? I don't need or want to dye my hair. How about coconut oil? What does that do for your hair?

Oh no. Henna doesn't come with hair dye. It may give different tones absolutely naturally.

There is henna without tinting properties as well. It called Original, i believe.

I remember my grandmother always treated her hair with the mix of henna and basma (both are natural products. One gave it reddish tone and another bluish black. The mix gave her dark brown color she was looking for)

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
I like masks with coconut oil. But it doesn't thicken hair, only nourish and softens.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
YB the hyperlink you posted doesn't take me to any particular henna powder, and in searching there are quite a few different types so wondering if you got any particular recommendations.
YB wrote:
I used to buy it in powder form. You mix it with water, make a hair mask and keep for an hour or two. The longer - the better.
It thickens and nourish your hair. You can also buy it in different color tones.

I know today there are creams and shampoos with henna, but i am not sure it will work as good as the original powder.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=henna&sprefix=henna%2Caps&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Ahenna&ajr=2
YB
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
YB the hyperlink you posted doesn't take me to any particular henna powder, and in searching there are quite a few different types so wondering if you got any particular recommendations.

Hi TheresaMary,

Not really. I actually wanted to show there are multiple products with henna.

As with everything, you’ll get best results with unprocessed henna, but if you need convenience - there are creams and shampoos, which will also help at some degree.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
I am having very good results with L'Oreal Volume Filler shampoo, conditioner and gel. It seemed to help the first time I used it and my hair has gotten to feel much thicker in the few months since I started. I got mine at WalMart for about $4 each, so it's very affordable.
I also have been taking 2000 mg of Biotin (a supplement also available at WalMart) and am seeing results. It doesn't happened overnight, but it's so easy to swallow two pills a day for long term results.Smile
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
Adequate protein intake is important, as well as getting enough sleep and minimizing stress in your life. Cortisol the stress hormone can make hair shed.

Ive had great success with Alterna Bamboo Volumizing Shamp/Condish + 48 hour thickening spray and then some 3-in-1 styling cream (all Alterna Bamboo). Lots of shine and body and this line smells so fresh and purrrrdy too! Its a green scent.

PandoraBeauty.com has the best prices Ive found (not affiliated).

5% products discount

Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
I've heard Castor Oil works wonders for thin hair. I don't use it on my scalp, but I do use it for my eye brows on the sparse areas and it helps fill them back in.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:21 am      Reply with quote
I also started using the L'Oreal Volume Filler shampoo and conditioner and it does definitely make my hair seem thicker and more full. I have only used it a few times so far so it may get even better.
My all-time fave though is Alterna Bamboo 48 sustainable volume spray-in treatment. Love this stuff and it really is worth the price.

http://www.amazon.com/Alterna-Bamboo-Sustainable-Volume-Unisex/dp/B007IUPZJG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1409152733&sr=8-1&keywords=Alterna+Bamboo+48

I have long hair and I like the extra volume and poof, after all I am a native Texas girl! And you know what I like to say "Bigger the hair, closer to God", haha.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
Annie,
I'm a Texan, too,and I've got to have my fluffy hair! I don't think it's 'too big', but I feel like h@ll when it looks bad. Smile
Cherallynne
Ollie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
Really Sevastra? Castor oil has worked for you in your eyebrow area? I'm losing some eyebrow hair after years of plucking and waxing. I'd like to fill in those areas. How often do you put it on? How long did it take before you noticed a difference? Do you have to keep doing it to maintain?
sevastra
5% products discount

Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
Ollie-
I want to mention that I have decently thick eyebrows to begin with so results will vary. I try to put CO on every night. I forget sometimes. When I began using it, I noticed a difference within about 1.5 weeks. In the areas that my brows were a bit sparse from plucking, they had filled in. Along with that, my eyebrows in general were fuller than before. I also noticed that I wasn't shedding as many hairs.

You do have to use the stuff religiously which can be a downside.

There are a ton of reviews on makeupalley that you take a gander at if you want!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

DeVita Hyaluronic SeruGel (30 ml / 1 oz) Payot Perform Sculpt Nuit (Night) (50 ml / 1.6 floz) Sjal Kashmir Saphir Perfecting Mask (59 ml / 2 oz)