Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Has anyone used Botox/Juvederm for many years?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
blissedthistle

Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:20 am      Reply with quote
I got botox done yesterday on my jaw to slim it down & help with my TMJ and grinding, and I have gotten a tiny bit of Juvederm done today on my nasolabial folds. I am very happy with the results, and I would like to continue these two treatments long-term, for like the next 40 years or so because I like the looks of these & hopefully it will prevent wrinkles & wear-and-tear of the teeth/jaws.

I am only 21 and I hear of most people starting Botox/fillers in their mid-30's, but I am wondering if there is anyone on this board who has been using these type of fillers for years. Were there any problems that began to form with your skin due to constant use of these products? I heard that Juvederm and other fillers "stretch" skin out and actually make the skin more wrinkly in the long run, but I also heard the opposite, such as the skin learning to produce more collagen in the area in the long term.

Did you wish you started earlier, or saved it for a later age? I would like to hear your stories!
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:48 am      Reply with quote
I started with botox about 12 years ago and fillers about 8.
They have been very positive and I dont have it or need it often.
I now can go 12 months or so between botox for my 11's and a tiny bit in my jaw for grinding (2 small spots) and it has been maybe 3 years on the fillers. I might have the juvaderm done again in the next year or 2 depending on how much is needed.
It bonded very well with my collagen.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:18 am      Reply with quote
Like Annie, I have found that over the years my need for botox has decreased, possibly because I no longer make those habitual contractions that result in wrinkles. I have used it for 15 years now.

There is evidence that fillers like juvederm do increase collagen production in the skin. You may also notice that your skin holds more water and actually looks moisturized.

Lucky girl, these days you can decide how much and when you might like to age.
goodbyekitty
5% products discount

Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:00 am      Reply with quote
Please be careful with botox for TMJ. I also have tmj and asked my dr about different options. She said she does do botox to the jaw on the odd occasion, but always informs patients that she does not recommend it as long-term it causes sagging in the lower cheek/jaw area.
blissedthistle

Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:41 am      Reply with quote
I am hoping that the botox/juvederm helps with my bad habits too. I am not a smoker but I have a really bad habit of biting the side of my mouth. Ugh! And hopefully botox will help my jaws not to grind so much.

goodbyekitty, how would it cause sagging? I thought sagging was due to loose skin and not the muscle? Wouldn't starting when I am young actually prevent sagging in the later years?

Also just a question for everyone... I know I got the Juvederm just yesterday but I feel like my face is asymmetrical. The part above my right nasolabial fold seems puffier and even feels swollen compared to the left which seems perfectly fine. Should I just wait 1-3 days until it settles down and then contact them if it still looks asymmetrical, or should I visit the med spa 2-3 weeks later like recommended on their site? I feel like it might be too late by then? When I was getting Juvederm, the right side definitely hurt a bit more.
Ollie
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
I started getting Restylane in my marionette lines (mouth to chin lines) since I was 35. I'm now 44 and stopped doing Restylane 2 years ago because the Plastic surgeon over filled the area. I am now left with deep creases on each side of my mouth and there's no way to get rid of them! What I thought was bad almost 10 years ago probably wasn't that bad but I believe getting Restylane for so many years caused these creases and made things much, much worse. In addition, I ve recently found out that fillers like Restylane and Juvederm can cause long term health problems as it is not as natural as PS and FDA tell you it is! Be careful!
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
blissedthistle wrote:
I am hoping that the botox/juvederm helps with my bad habits too. I am not a smoker but I have a really bad habit of biting the side of my mouth. Ugh! And hopefully botox will help my jaws not to grind so much.

goodbyekitty, how would it cause sagging? I thought sagging was due to loose skin and not the muscle? Wouldn't starting when I am young actually prevent sagging in the later years?

Also just a question for everyone... I know I got the Juvederm just yesterday but I feel like my face is asymmetrical. The part above my right nasolabial fold seems puffier and even feels swollen compared to the left which seems perfectly fine. Should I just wait 1-3 days until it settles down and then contact them if it still looks asymmetrical, or should I visit the med spa 2-3 weeks later like recommended on their site? I feel like it might be too late by then? When I was getting Juvederm, the right side definitely hurt a bit more.

I will "almost" guarantee you this is just the swelling process. Please wait a few days before you worry.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:39 am      Reply with quote
I too started down the botox route in the mid twoties. I had severe frown lines that had developed into permanent twos. I looked cross all the time! For sure I wish I had started earlier - I cannot even look at pictures of me in my late thirties early forties. Without doubt, I only need top ups twice a year now as opposed to every 3 months.

I began the fillers a few years later for my nas-labial lines, nose to mouth, and completely got rid of the hang dog look, it was a miracle! If this stuff had been around earlier, I may have snagged myself a better husband!

In truth though, there is no way I could have afforded it back then.

In all these years, only once did I get the 'droopy eye', and once overfilled my lips for the puffer fish look. It goes down....
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:30 am      Reply with quote
I have not had any sagging at all with my jaw/clenching botox, but it get it done very sparingly.
Best thing I ever did, since it stopped those headaches I got from it.

Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:25 am      Reply with quote
Ollie that is unfortunate. Do you think once you start Restylane, your skin got "dependent" on it?

AnnieR, how often do you get it done? I am thinking of getting it done again in 4-6 months, then a year. I heard that the more you do it the less you need. I had 30 unit on each side.

I am thinking of getting Juvederm on my lips, now that my live-in boyfriend will be gone for a week. Razz

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:51 am      Reply with quote
Once a year was the norm for a few years. Right now, I have not had it in the jaw area for about 2 and a half years. I know when I need it bc I wake up with a tension headache and sore jaw muscles from clenching and I haven't had that in a long time!
We were going to treat my son with it for severe grinding but he went for acupuncture instead and he no longer grinds. Took several sessions of it but it worked!
Once you retrain those muscles, you will need it less and less and then maybe not at all.
I am wanting to go back and touch up the juvaderm in my nasolabials in a few months but I haven't had to do that in quite a few years either.

Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
Ugh I don't know if I am imagining it but I think my nasolabial folds became more prominent after Juvederm. And some places are still bumpy after 5 days. Maybe it's just because it's swollen, idk. Maybe I am just paying too much attention to it when I haven't before. *pulls hair*

Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:44 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |