Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Has anyone tried Skinceuticals C+E+Ferulic Acid??????
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Rose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:59 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried Skinceuticals C+E+Ferulic Acid? SC just introduced this new product. One website recommended it strongly. The price is higher than C+E. It is supposed to have 8 times more protection than C+E against free radicals. I would like to try some samples first, but don't know how/where to get them. Any ideas, anyone?

Thanks,

Rose
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:57 am      Reply with quote
I haven't tried it yet but am considering ordering it today. I asked the doc at lovelyskin if I could use Prevage along with the C+E Ferulic as I am not wanting to give up Prevage. He replied this morning. Here's his reply:

Hi Cheri,
You can use both of them, Prevage in AM and CE Ferulic in PM. There is a different mechanism of action for each, but it does look like the CE Ferulic is more powerful so hopefully you will like it even more than Prevage. Thanks!

Sincerely,
Joel Schlessinger MD
Board Certified Dermatologist
President, LovelySkin.com

I'm still on the fence about using both of these. I'm completely satisfied with what I am using now but the junkie in me wants to try the SkinCeuticals. Will I be wasting my money and time using two potent antioxidants?

Any opinions appreciated!

-Cheri
Mabsy

Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:27 am      Reply with quote
Just in the interest of connecting current threads on same topics, this product is also discussed here http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5108 although as at today I don't think anybody that posted to that thread has tried it either. I will be trying it eventually though but would love to hear opinions from anyone who's tried it.
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:30 am      Reply with quote
I am tempted to try the C E Ferulic too. But I emailed the company & got the ingredient list, and it is just in a base of deionized water. I don't know how stable this solution would be, as it is a hydrous solution with no apparent stabilizing system. Has anybody tried it? I know that Ferulic acid is used as a natural sunscreen & to boost the skin's immune system. And it is an antioxidant catalyst. So that's good.
Rose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:36 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy:Just in the interest of connecting current threads on same topics, this product is also discussed here http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5108 although as at today I don't think anybody that posted to that thread has tried it either. I will be trying it eventually though but would love to hear opinions from anyone who's tried it.

Ladies,
Thank you all for the feedback.

Mabsy,
Thank you for connecting it to the thread of the similar topic. In the other thread, Maria said that Phyto + did not work for her. It did not work for me either. I have been using Phyto + for a year. I have not seen improvement. I hope Ferulic Acid will help me. I also heard that Skinceuticals is going to discontinue C+E. I have been using C+E for a year and really like it. I hope that the new product will not introduce any unknown side effect. This product is so new that none of us have any experience with it. It is a shame. I would really like to try it before I purchase it.

If any of you got a chance to try it, please post your experience. Thank you,

Rose
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:51 am      Reply with quote
Hi Rose -

My next purchase from SC, when my C+E runs out will be the one with the ferulic in it. It's just so dang pricey! The site skin-etc.com has it at a intro price of $93 or $98 as opposed to other sites where I've seen it for $122-125. I still have half a bottle left of the C+E, so I'm hanging on until it's gone! No easy feat, as I'm so impatient! Wink

I also like SC B5 gel, but again, the Phyto + did nada, zip, the bubble for any hyperpigmentation I have. So it went to the graveyard for skincare that didn't work!

It will be interesting to hear any results on this new product. I'll definitely give my review, it's just a matter of when.

Maria Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Maria,

Thanks for the skin-etc site. I am in the middle of ordering Skinceutical C E Ferulic from Skin-etc.com. Actually I am ready to press "Submit" button. While I am placing the order, I am also reviewing the threads related to Prevage and I am so impressed with it that I am not sure if I should press the "Submit" button to order C+E+Ferulic Acid.

I extracted the info from dermatologistrx.com and pasted it at the bottom of this reply . Even with the info that said that C+E+Ferulic is better than Prevage, I am still not sure of I should order it. After all, none of us have had any experience with, but Cheri and Katee, and some others have excellent results with Prevage. I think I am going to try PRevage first. It is a very hard decision.

Cheri and Katee: I am so happy for you that Prevage worked so well for you, especially for Cheri. Cheri: I am so glad that after years of trying and searching, you finally found a regime that works so well for you. I hope I can say the same some time soon. My biggest problem now is the hyperpigmentation from 5 microdermabrasion treatments and hydroquinone rebound 6-7 years ago. Cheri: Does Prevage work on reducing hyperpigmentation?

Info of SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic from dermatologistrx.com:
SkinCeuticals has released a new topical antioxidant containing vitamin C, vitamin E and 0.5% ferulic acid. The company states that it has up to 8 times the photoprotection against oxidative stress (pollution and photoaging) and was impressed by the performance and potential of this new product. SkinCeuticals has presented studies to back up claims it is better than idebenone, another antioxidant used in an opposing product. Combines proven antioxidant vitamins C and E with ferulic acid to maximize antioxidant performance. This synergistic formulation enhances protection against damaging UVA/UVB rays to better prevent premature signs of aging, while stimulating collagen production to help diminish the appearance of photodamage.
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:04 am      Reply with quote
Hi Rose,

I wish I could really help you with the hyperpigmentation question, but I didn't have any to speak of before trying Prevage. What I did have was some minor blotchiness and broken caps which of course caused uneven skin tone. All that has cleared up now, but I am using a lactic acid peel every week or two and an additional AHA serum so I can't give all the glory to Prevage.

The before & after pictures on the Prevage site do indeed show results on hyperpigmentation so you might want to take a look at that first. Also, maybe katee and the others trying Prevage can give you more info on their results.

I hope you can find the right products for your skin too. When it all comes together the results are amazing!

-Cheri
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
OMG! I didn't realize it was that expensive! Too rich for my blood - besides I have bins of other products that I haven't even tried yet! I'll let someone else try it first. Let me know if it's worth the money & then maybe I'll consider it! Rolling Eyes
MaryR
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
This sounds awesome!! And I just opened a new bottle of SC Serum 20....I am off to check it out.
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
I tried Skinceutical C E Ferulic tonight. It's not quite a gel, but the consistency is thicker than any of the C serums I've tried. It does have plenty of slip, but didn't feel as oily as some others and I felt a faint tingle as it starting drying. Directions say to use 4-5 drops, but I felt this was way too much for my face and neck. One benefit of it being gel-like is that I had no trouble with it running down on my hands and was able to use all the 4-5 drops where I intended it to go. What I absolutely did not like was it felt a bit sticky and didn't seem to absorb right away. Of course that could be the result of too much product. After a few minutes I used a bit of Dermalogica Active Moist over it and it definitely feels like I have layers.

I am kind of disappointed in the way it felt going on, but I'll try it again tomorrow morning, using less than the recommended amount and also using under my sunscreen, tinted moisturizer and the rest of my makeup. I'll update if there are any differences.

-Cheri
Mabsy

Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:18 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for posting your impressions of it Cheri! Looking forward to reading your update. I don't like the runniness of the SC serums in general (hence my preference for Vivier) so this is actually looking even better to me at the moment Smile
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:30 am      Reply with quote
There's always one on the opposite side of the fence. I love the texture of skinceuticals 20% because I have oily skin and layer -this would be different if I didn't HAVE to wear broad-spectrum sunblocks. Please update Cheri, if the protection in this product is as great as the company says, I may be able to get away with a matte sunscreen (like jan Marini's)that's light but not as ultraprotective (read heavy) as la roche posay etc. Thank you
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:26 am      Reply with quote
I tried it again this morning using 3 drops and I liked it so much better, although it does truly feel like a serum which I am not used to with C products. It was still sticky at first but quickly subsided and seemed to absorb better. I think determining the right amount for your skin is apparently the key.

I used La Roche Posay Anthelios Fluide Extreme SPF 40 over it plus a light coat of Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer and still feeling pretty sheer and not too layered. I think I'll try using the SC only in the AM and Prevage in the PM.

Marina, the La Roche Posay is my favorite sunscreen and has never felt heavy. I tried Shiseido 55 which is supposed to be as stable, but DID feel too heavy and left a noticeable film. It would be nice if I could use the SC and then just the LM tinted moisturizer as it has an spf of 20. I'm not outdoors much so this would probably be ok.

I was browsing the comments on MUA last night about the old SC C+E and alot seemed to think it broke them out, so I'm hoping that won't happen to me. Time will tell!

-Cheri
Rose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
Cheri,

Thank you for the reviews. I am attempting to try Prevage and CE + Ferulc Acid.

Rose
marella
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:52 pm      Reply with quote
I have quite a bit of my bottle of regular C+E left and want to finish it first before ordering the new version. And don't want to order the new version yet since the shelf life is limited.

For those who would like to try the Ferulc Acid version, I was just at boundary waters looking for something else and noticed that they have it on sale right now for $99.95. A great price if you are ready to buy I thought.
The web address iswww.boundarywaters.biz.
misskoslow
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:26 am      Reply with quote
phredd4 wrote:
I tried it again this morning using 3 drops and I liked it so much better, although it does truly feel like a serum which I am not used to with C products. It was still sticky at first but quickly subsided and seemed to absorb better. I think determining the right amount for your skin is apparently the key.

I totally agree with Phredd4 on this one. I was lucky enough to get a good sized sample bottle of this product and I had the same reaction to it. It is a little sticky at first but it quickly absorbs into the skin (absorbs the quickest when you face is slightly damp). In applying my skin care, I always use a pea size amount and I think that is the key here. Too much leaves a sticky residue on your face. It does feel like a serum, but I do feel and see a result. The result is not major, but it's apparent none the less.
Hope that helps Smile
SugarFreeSheila
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered some samples of this new SkinCeuticals serum and can't wait to try it out!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:46 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |