Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
How to make BODY skin soft & silky?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:01 am      Reply with quote
Preferably without scrubbing.

Thank you!

Sorry, wrong thread. Don't know how to change it.
Chlorophyll
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:39 pm      Reply with quote
The fastest/easiest daily way I have found is using emulsified scrubs w/ epsom salt instead of sugar.

I'm sorry I don't know a way that doesn't involve scrubbing, lol. Maybe an aha body lotion? I used to DIY one of those. I'm in too much of a rush to put it on before I get dressed now. :P
Lmn629

Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:41 am      Reply with quote
Emulsified scrubs are great and you could try a lactic acid lotion like Amlactin but honestly the only way I've really found success is with the Japanese Salux towels. They're like a miracle in sloughing all the dead skin. Love mine.
ShiningStar77
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:05 am      Reply with quote
Here is my experience:

1. Use a shower gel/ soap that has a lower/ less alkaline pH.
2. I use a body brush with medium bristles to exfoliate each day whilst using soap/ shower gel. I prefer this to scrubs as its consistent, good for the circulation and cheaper than scrubs.
3. Use a body lotion with lots of emollients and if possible lactic acid. Poster above beat me to the Amlactin suggestion.
4. I then follow on the drier areas of my body with shea butter or a nice body oil i.e. pomegranate seed, argan etc.

Hope that helps.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
Great suggestions, but scrubs do not make my skin silky smooth. Only for a couple of hours...

Amlactin is a very tacky lotion. I feel like taking a shower right after it.

What about dry oils? Has anyone tried them?
ShiningStar77
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
Great suggestions, but scrubs do not make my skin silky smooth. Only for a couple of hours...

Amlactin is a very tacky lotion. I feel like taking a shower right after it.

What about dry oils? Has anyone tried them?

Body brush will be your best bet then. Have you tried dry body brushing and also using one in the place of a loofah in the shower.

You could also make your own version of Amlactin by adding 10% Lactic acid to your fave body lotion?

I like oils but they only tend to seal in the moisture and not actually moisturise. Also you've got to be careful re oil transfer onto clothes. You could get around that by showering, moisturising and oiling at night.

Other options are also to use a humidifier or place a bowl of warm water on your radiators at night to stop skin drying out or using a sauna more option. You can slather on some actives before the sauna to get the full effect?
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
By chance… I am amazed at how much younger my legs look after using a bath mitt my sister gave me as a gift from Crabtree Evelyn. I've been using it on my legs in the bath tub..and the rest of my body..then i put coconut oil on after my bath. My legs and overall sin look smooth…firmer…just an amazing improvement.

I was just using the thing because she gave it to me..now I'm obsessed.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:50 am      Reply with quote
ShiningStar77, I've been using dry brushing as well. Effective for a couple of hours.

And I am using Glycolix 20% Treatment pads. They do not leave any greasy residue like an AHA lotion.

You are right about oils. I have noticed the same effect.

I used to love sauna but, unfortunately, it is not recommended if you have broken capillaries.

ShiningStar77 wrote:

Body brush will be your best bet then. Have you tried dry body brushing and also using one in the place of a loofah in the shower.

You could also make your own version of Amlactin by adding 10% Lactic acid to your fave body lotion?

I like oils but they only tend to seal in the moisture and not actually moisturise. Also you've got to be careful re oil transfer onto clothes. You could get around that by showering, moisturising and oiling at night.

Other options are also to use a humidifier or place a bowl of warm water on your radiators at night to stop skin drying out or using a sauna more option. You can slather on some actives before the sauna to get the full effect?
luyan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
In the morning and evening with body oil massage

Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:08 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |