Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Marionnette line on left side of face just appeared recently
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Roxanne9

Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
A few months ago I developed an obvious line that runs from my nose down to the bottom of my face on the left side only. It's starting to pull the skin under my eye down too. What can I do? It looks terrible. I won't do any injections, fillers, etc.. Is there anything I can do? TIA!!

P.S. I ordered Nuface Trinity in the mini size and I was wondering if that would help. However, I looked at before/after photos and I notice the line is still there in people and it only made the skin smoother.
Roxanne9

Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
I just want to add I don't recommend facial exercises. I did them today and now my right side has the same marionette line as my left and that eyelid droops a little too. Yes, I did the exercises correctly. I guess I don't have the kind of skin that can handle it. Hoping the device I ordered does something. Still appreciate any advice. Thanks.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:59 am      Reply with quote
Wait a second you don’t recommend facial exercises – hold on honey don’t throw the baby out with the bath water on trying them just one day. There are a hundred different types of programs out there – just because you did one (which you say you did correctly – and to be honest I’m not so sure how you would know that – some programs I did for years and did some things incorrectly and didn’t realise until working with the program creators in one to one or having sessions with trainers). Not all require you to handle the skin either – there are different ones out there so writing them all off on one experience is a bit of a mistake.

Now you say this happened a few months ago – well I’m wondering if there’s anything that happened then that could cause this? Did you start sleeping on that side for example? Get dental work done?

Nuface seems to work for others – but its not a device that I think can fill in lines. Maybe you should try massage like Tanaka or something instead?

Roxanne9 wrote:
I just want to add I don't recommend facial exercises. I did them today and now my right side has the same marionette line as my left and that eyelid droops a little too. Yes, I did the exercises correctly. I guess I don't have the kind of skin that can handle it. Hoping the device I ordered does something. Still appreciate any advice. Thanks.
Roxanne9

Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:41 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for replying, Theresa Mary.

Which facial exercise program do you use, and how did you have a session with the trainers?

A few months ago I had a traumatic emotional experience, and the very next day I had this terrible line down the side of my face and it never went away. Now it's changing my whole face because it's pulling everything down. None of my other habits changed. I looked so different before that.
Ollie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Roxanne, Don't be so hard on yourself! What you see when you look in the mirror isn't as bad as you think. You notice the line more bc it's on your face but I'll bet others don't even notice it. May I ask how old you are? Sometimes these lines appear out of nowhere and it's just a part of the aging process. Have you thought about trying Facial detox? It's basically like "rubbing out the wrinkles". It's worked wonders for my face and it takes less than 5 mins a day to complete.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:16 am      Reply with quote
Roxanne

I’m in my 60’s and have done facial exercises for over 10 years now – starting in my 50’s after rapid weight loss and my face just looking saggy and not good and I’ve done a lot of programs and tend to do a mixture of what works for my face – which may be exercises from different programs but I’ve learned what works for my face and that takes time, but when I started out I did various programs completely to the letter. Two good programs that I started with was Eva Fraser and Facial Magic, but there are loads out there.

Most exercise programs have the ability to have sessions with trainers – Facercise, Carolyn Cleaves, FlexEffect to name but a few and can be done over skype etc.

Roxanne9 wrote:
Thanks for replying, Theresa Mary.

Which facial exercise program do you use, and how did you have a session with the trainers?

A few months ago I had a traumatic emotional experience, and the very next day I had this terrible line down the side of my face and it never went away. Now it's changing my whole face because it's pulling everything down. None of my other habits changed. I looked so different before that.
lionesscg
5% products discount

Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:21 am      Reply with quote
Hey Roxanne, I understand you... I would also freak out. Can we know your age? If it's your first fine line, I also experienced something similar on the same place (left side, I'm 26) and I applied a lot of olive oil there before going to bed (I have dry skin). I have to say it has worked, it has faded away so you might want to try that one. If you are in your 20s it might be a bit of dehydration that can still be fixed?

I have read some doctors have a name for this... I can't remember it know, but it's something related to "car". When your left side is more damaged than your right side, it might be due to driving hours... So be sure you are totally protected from the sun while driving.

And regarding your facial exercises... Did you do them with dry skin? I've heard you have to apply oil to your face or something similar to avoid creating wrinkles while boosting your muscles. I have tried facial gym with and without oil and I have to say I will never repeat the experience without oil, totally noticed the difference.

Hope it helps...
Roxanne9

Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for all of your nice replies.

I'm 42. The line is on the left side of my chin. After I did the facial exercises one time I got a line on the right side of my chin so now I have 2 marionette lines. I know it's part of the aging process but I'm used to looking younger than my age. I'd love to reduce it and firm the skin a bit but I'm very afraid of the facial exercises now. I did cover my face in oil before trying them. Also, I am losing weight so maybe that is why it got saggy. I only have about 8 more pounds to lose. Any other tips? Thanks!
Ollie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
How much weight have you lost so far? Maybe you lost too much too quickly. Are you a bit dehydrated? Drinking lots of water fills in some wrinkles...I'm in the same boat except mine appeared at 38 and I'm now 42 also. I've tried all the creams. I've done restylane. The results looked great but got too expensive to keep up. I also feel like it made my marionette lines worse when I stopped doing it. So, I turned to facial exercises. They are getting better but aren't totally gone, YET! HTH
Roxanne9

Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
Is it possible to add images from my computer to this post? If so, could someone explain how to do it? Thanks!

Because someone told me it might be facial paralysis, so I was hoping to get some opinions here. It's just very close-up pics of the spot to retain privacy.
lovelyheaven
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:03 am      Reply with quote
I couldn't upload a photo as a new member. But was able to add a link from my flickr account and others were able to view them that way.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |