Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
UK users of Alphaderma CE/Prep
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:13 am      Reply with quote
Hi.

Ive been using the Alphaderma for about 6 weeks now and I have decided that it is drying for my skin. Disappointed, gutted and devastated. My dilema is I already have replacements of both products, full sizes which I no longer require. If anyone here in the UK is using these products and loves them and wants to stock up and save some money, then please pm me.

Now...... what can I try next Embarassed
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:35 am      Reply with quote
maybe you should keep hold of them in the fridge until the C serum starts kicking in. My skin was very dry when I first tried it, but 6 months later the C serum has much improved the dryness and I could probably use it now. The other thing you could try is a couple of drops of jojoba oil over the top. I use this over my relax a line and it is really moisturising and not at all greasy. It doesn't 'ball' up with other products under it and I can use my BE over the top and it looks really good. I just figure it may be worth trying it out first.
I get my jojoba oil off purely_naturals on ebay. She is a handbag and HD direct regular and sells fairtrade and organic oils and butters.

Liz Cool

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:38 am      Reply with quote
Im not bothered about the ones that are open but I have a brand new bottle of prep and ADCE still sealed. I have tried using oil before and it brings me out in spots. Ive never had dry skin before so now I just feel unhappy with the whole Janson Beckett thing. Sad
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:46 am      Reply with quote
jojoba is a wax that is almost identical to sebum the skin's own moisturiser. Try it for a week, you have nothing to lose! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:56 am      Reply with quote
Cindi
Which oils have you tried because there are oils and then there are oils.

These natural skin-friendly penetrative carrier oils are just so beneficial to the skin really not like other 'moisturisers' I've tried before. Emu oil, squalane, hyaluronic acid, camellia oil and so on. We all find one suits our skin better or worse than others, but I'd be surprised if none of them did anything for you.
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 12, 2005 6:02 am      Reply with quote
Hi Molly, Ive tried neroli oil and Karin Harzog normalising oil. Both made my face like an oil slick. What I dont like is layering and now Im finding its getting to much for me with the JB prep, then vit c, then the alphaderma. I dont really want to put an oil and a moisturiser on top, just for the sake of keeping a product.

Ive been studying for hours now between Orlane, Yonka and Valmont and I think so far Im tempted with the Yonka 93 for day and Yonka 58 for night. Its so bloody hard. I want the Cellcosmet cream but theres NO WAY I can afford to get it.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 12, 2005 6:08 am      Reply with quote
Cindi wrote:
Im not bothered about the ones that are open but I have a brand new bottle of prep and ADCE still sealed. I have tried using oil before and it brings me out in spots. Ive never had dry skin before so now I just feel unhappy with the whole Janson Beckett thing. Sad

Shock You have only been using the product for six weeks and have already replaced both ADCE and Prep? I find mine lasts me over three months. If you purchased the second order for Janson-Beckett website within the past 45 days you can get a refund Cindy Very Happy . Just call their toll free # and arrange for a return. Most other sites have a return policy too. Good luck!!!

Winnie
JB
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:41 am      Reply with quote
Hi Cindi

I've been reading your posts and the replies and I hope I'm not making too many assumptions. I don't want to stick my nose in or my foot, but I'm wondering if maybe you're using too much product all round. Winnie says her ACDE lasts a lot longer and you say you can't stand the layering and the oils (I don't know those two you mention, actually I prefer natural biological moisturisers like these http://www.skinbio.com/moisturizers.html).

I just say because when I started using emu oil I made the same mistake - using it just like a standard moisturiser and it's too much, won't absorb and your face ends up like an oil slick.

With oils it's better just to rub a couple of drops onto your fingertips and pat it onto your face and then pat it in.

Anyway, just a suggestion.

M
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:03 am      Reply with quote
Hi again Molly.
Im only half way down my ADCE and Prep, so 3 months plus usage will be about right. Im definately not using too much. But I got the chance to buy ANOTHER bottle of each making a saving so being me, I couldnt resist, so now Im stuck with an unused bottle of each plus half a bottle of each. I can return the unused to where I got it but I was trying the forum first cause I could have passed the saving (£35) on to anyone here.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:04 am      Reply with quote
I think that application will make or break you when it comes to plant extract oils...The only ones I am very familiar with are the Clarins face oils - which are referred to as "dry oils" -- and they penetrate more quickly, I think, than most creams...I haven't used them in years but the are superb treatments imho.... You dispense less than a size of a smartie into the palm of your hand then rub your hands together to heat the oil - then massage into the skin..
Pudoodles
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
Cindi wrote:
Hi again Molly.
Im only half way down my ADCE and Prep, so 3 months plus usage will be about right. Im definately not using too much. But I got the chance to buy ANOTHER bottle of each making a saving so being me, I couldnt resist, so now Im stuck with an unused bottle of each plus half a bottle of each. I can return the unused to where I got it but I was trying the forum first cause I could have passed the saving (£35) on to anyone here.

Poor you, Cindi Sad I am sure someone will want to buy it from you...I guess the ADCE might something like the Strivectin in that you either really like it or really don't! My fingers are crossed for you, re: the Cellcosmet Pray
Pudoodles
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Cindi...

I had gotten these very generous samples of some IS Clinical serums and decided to take a break from my Alpha Derma routine to try them out (I had already dumped the Okusil...).

The funny thing is, I thought I was generally pretty happy with the Alpha Derma and the skin prep until I started with this other stuff!!! OMG this IS Clinical line, along with my Prevage is unreal!! I've never seen a product that acts so quickly (my dermatologist told me it would, in fact, she raves about the line, buy I'm a cynic).

It's a little pricey but if this keeps up, it is well worth it... Work has been a nightmare lately - truly the month from hell - and I'm suffering from major sleep deprivation. I should like like hell, but my skin looks better than it ever has! I'm going to wait a little while before posting a review, but right now, I think I'm a convert....

Oh but WAIT --- now I remember why I started the post!!! DUH I've been using the skin prep and the alpha derma on my butt (DON'T laugh....) Laughing It's REALLY good! (thats also what I did with my Strivectin when I decided I found it disagreeable in terms of smell and consistency. THAT was good on my butt too. Actually the skin on my butt was looking better than the skin on my face till I started with this new regimen ROFLLLLL)
maddy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
i am sorry to not be from the uk cindi, and what i am going to add will not help you offload unwanted product (sorry). someone on the forum recommended i try AlphaDerma for my skin that has been congested since a little dermatitis rash on my chin last year.
is this product specifically aimed at people like me? what does it do?

thanks for any help guys Very Happy

maddy
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
maddy wrote:
i am sorry to not be from the uk cindi, and what i am going to add will not help you offload unwanted product (sorry). someone on the forum recommended i try AlphaDerma for my skin that has been congested since a little dermatitis rash on my chin last year.
is this product specifically aimed at people like me? what does it do?

thanks for any help guys Very Happy

maddy

Hi Maddy,

AlphaDerma line is for fine lines, wrinkles,stretch marks and to tone and firm the skin. I would not recommend AlphaDerma to treat dermatitis and congested skin. Although AlphaDerma can be used for all skin types it is not targeted to treat dermatitis on its owe. I feel qualified to answer this for you as I am a sales rep. for Janson-Beckett.

Winnie
JB
maddy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for your advice winnie.
i no longer have dermatitis rash, nor have i ever had it before- it was a reaction to something, apparently.
will keep looking for right product.

thanks again

maddy
Ian S.
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
Cindi, I am sorry to hear that the AlphaDerma is not working for you. I don't think you need to worry about a money refund as it will be no problem in refunding your money. I have heard before that argireline can be drying but usually the customer either calls or e-mails for help. At that point I am always willing to recommend a moisturizer to help and for the very few who have had this problem I will give the moisturizer for FREE to fix the problem. We have hundreds of items that are specifically designed for every skin type. I certainly will refund your money but I would like to offer you a great moisturizer to help you out. Please call any time during business hours and I will personally discuss it with you and find the items for you. If one of our items is not what you are interested in FREE or not I will help suggest a different companies item that I know from experience work. I want you to find the proper skin care whether it is ours or someone elses. Our main concern at JB is simply to help the customer, not just sell them something that wont work for them or something they don't need.

All The Best,
Ian

Cindi wrote:
Hi.

Ive been using the Alphaderma for about 6 weeks now and I have decided that it is drying for my skin. Disappointed, gutted and devastated. My dilema is I already have replacements of both products, full sizes which I no longer require. If anyone here in the UK is using these products and loves them and wants to stock up and save some money, then please pm me.

Now...... what can I try next Embarassed

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 13, 2005 6:29 am      Reply with quote
Hi Cindi - poor you - really feel for you as i have been in the same position more times than i care to remember - spending more money on products than i really should and then finding that the product isn't right for me - hope you manage to recoup your losses - that will surely make you feel much better about the whole experience.
Have just looked up the Yonka cream you mentioned and they sound great. I've been using my Yonka products for about a week now, but feel it is still too early to write a useful review. What i can say, is that i am enjoying the creams huge amounts - they feel really clean and light and absorb completely without residue on your face after - particularly like this PM, as know that i am not just moisturising my pillow Laughing
I am finding it hard to apply only relatively small amounts of cream - I like to slap it on - But apparantly, because the active ingredients are very concentrated, this is not necessary and would be a waste of product and money.
I am using the Elastin nuit and optimiser fluid PM and Phyto54 (for some redness) and optimiser cream AM. Feel i may need to have a bit more moisture on my cheeks and forehead, but am going to give my skin a chance to settle with it first - cream 28 sounds nice - hope they live up to expectations! Hope this helps a little Smile
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 13, 2005 6:49 am      Reply with quote
Hi shivvie, Ive been wasting money on skincare for longer than I can remember so another episode doesnt bother me or put me off Laughing Ive ordered my Yonka 93 and 58 and will see whats what. The words never satisfied spring to mind Rolling Eyes Good job I have an understanding partner. If all else fails he cna use what I dont want.

I know what you mean about slapping it on but I am quite careful in the respect. Something however has given me milia, I have three tiny white lumps starting on the orbital bone so to say I am unhappy is an understatement. Ive done the asprin mask this morning. Think I will have to wait till they get bigger mind. I'll let you know how I get on with the Yonka in due course.
shivvie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:32 am      Reply with quote
Hmmmmmmmmm......"never satisfied" - that rings a bell! You can add impatience to that for me - so quite a quick turnover of products - my mum does really well out of it - think she feels hard done by if i haven't got some cast-off goody for her each time i see her - and thats every week!
So this time, i am going to try and change the habits of a life time and stick with the Yonka - have been told to give it at least 3 months before i judge Exclamation So, my camellia oil, retinol, vit c etc are taking a break while i get better acquainted with Yonka - i sooooooooo want it to be THE product for me. Have to say though, that the temptation to stick a bit of camellia oil or vit c under the creams is huge and i'm fighting it - otherwise, how will i know what results i'm getting from which product Question
Anyway, good luck with the milia and look forward to hearing how you do with the yonka creams.....i'm off to nurse a hang over from hell-five hours sleep and massive dehydration - think i need to carry out some emergency skin and body repair work Anxious
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:45 am      Reply with quote
shivvie - hangover??? tut tut, all that alcohol wont be doing your skin any good Laughing

I would have thought if your skin was settled with the camelia oil and the vit c, that to stop them, your skin is going to go through that change plus the Yonka so what you see, wont necessarily be the Yonka Confused Eh? Am I making sense. hmm Hope so. Jury is still out with me re the vitamin c serum, its to watery for my liking and I end up using loads just to cover my face. Think I'll go without moisturiser for a week, except eyes, and see if the Yonka can work miracles for me. Hope you hangover recovers soon, I suffer so badly that I just dont drink anymore.
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:46 am      Reply with quote
Oh, poor Cindi! It's so frustrating when you know it's an exceptional product for so many but it doesn't work for you!

I had a milia under my right eye, used MD Formulations eye cream on it for a couple weeks before I got my perscription for tretinoin and it didn't budge. After using tretinoin for a few weeks, the milia is gone completely. It was 1.5 inches below my eye so I applied the tiniest amount right to it, being very careful to not get it anywhere near my eye. I'm using the Steiva-A brand, 0.01%.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:55 am      Reply with quote
Thanks lolli, glad you got rid of your milia, Ha! mine wont get the better of me Laughing
Jona
5% products discount

Sun Mar 13, 2005 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
If I lived in the UK Cindi I would purchase the AlphaDerma and Prep from you. I have been using AlphaDerma,Prep and Okusil for three months now and it is my HG in a skin care product. My skin tends to be dry at times and the combination of the Prep and AD has plumbed my forty something skin up so much that I can not go a day without it. It just goes to show you that what is good for one is not good for all.

I would also like to thank the management of Janson-Beckett for helping me over the past months to answer my questions, send me samples and just being so supportive. My skin looks awesome and toned like a 30 year old. Very Happy When I first started using JB products I knew from the start that my skin was loving them.

Jona
shivvie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:03 am      Reply with quote
Wish i could follow your example Cindi and give up the dreaded alcohol - guess i'll have to except that i'm just a bad girl Bad Grin Which means that i will have to slap on even more lotions and potions to counteract negative effects of red wine and my other can't live without chocolate! whats a girl to do??
Re the camellia oil, retinol and vit c etc., i'd only actually started using the vit c before i decided to jump in at the deep end with Yonka - i got little spots with the vit c (vivier), panicked and stopped using it. The camellia oil and retinol haven't even been opened yet - but i can always try them out later i suppose- and maybe with the Yonka. But just going to stick with neat Yonka for couple months and hope for a miracle
Laughing
Had a thought though (which is amazing, as i still feel feel bit thick-headed from Saturday!!) - maybe try an argireline product under Yonka later, to address some crows feet (UGH!!) and forehead lines, but a non- drying one - noticed esthers secret is supposed to be such a product - but i'm a mad woman jumping the gun again - just remembered i have Yonkas Mesonium fluids on order - and they may do the trick - wouldn't it be completely amazing if products actually lived up to the claims
Exclamation
May have to check out % argireline in esthers secret anyway - just in case Wink
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:16 am      Reply with quote
Hi Katee

I was intrigued by the IS Clinical serum you mention and I've looked through your past posts on it and googled around with all the names, but I can't find anything.

Do you know any web links?

thanks
M
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:07 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |