Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Please help! - How to begin dermarolling, how to disinfect?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
stretchmarkremoval666

Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hello, I am a female in my early 20s and I’d like to treat my stretchmarks on my stomach, sides of breasts, sides of upper arms, hips, above my bottom, and inner thighs.

I’ve been reading various threads here, but I’m overwhelmed with all the information and the hundreds of pages in the main thread and various approaches presented. I was also scared by the idea of getting some sort of skin infection by not disinfecting properly.

I have purchased a Pearl Enterprises 1.5 mm dermaroller, along with Nutribiotic Ascorbic Acid Powder and NOW Solutions Vegetable Glycerine (the latter two are for making Vitamin C serum).

I also have 0.1% tretinoin, and 70% isopropyl alcohol.

I am confused as to how to begin. I want to know:

1) How and how often should I disinfect the roller? Is the 70% isopropyl alcohol enough for disinfecting? Should I just dip it in and let it sit for 10, 20, 30 minutes, and then rinse off? Is this done before or after rolling? Do I put the alcohol on my skin as well (I am worried this will dry my skin out)?

2) When I roll, how much pressure should I apply? Do I put the needles all the way in? What is the ‘star pattern’? How many times do I roll in each direction? Do I pick the roller up after each roll in one direction and start over, repeating each line?

3) When should I apply the tretinoin and Vitamin C serum? After or before rolls? Should/can I add other topicals after/before rolls?

4) Can I do all my areas in one go?

5) Should I be rolling every 3-4 weeks, or more/less often?

6) What is a good recipe for the Vitamin C serum? Is there a particular amount of Vitamin C serum to use, and is it safe to use on the face as well? I’ve read some things about how it causes necrosis of tissue over time, which scared me. Did I buy the right type of crystals for the serum?

Thank you for any help you can offer. I’d really like to start rolling ASAP but I want to make sure I do it safely and effectively to help get rid of these stretch marks.
Pandax12
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:17 am      Reply with quote
http://dermaroller.owndoc.com/dermaroller-instructions.pdf
stretchmarkremoval666

Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you so much for this link. I've actually come across it before, but didn't peruse at length because I thought it was specific to that product, but I realize I was mistaken.

My questions after reading:

- I've seen other recipes that call for using some sort of 'carrier' with the Vitamin C serum, which is why I purchased the vegetable glycerin. So should I use this glycerin, or leave it out?

- Since I have 70% isopropyl alcohol, and this PDF recommends no more than 40%, should I dilute the 70% with a half-and-half mixture of water to get a 35% substance, and use that for disinfection? Do the rules of disinfection change because I'm using a different dermaroller brand?

- This PDF recommends that I also use a dermastamp in addition to the dermaroller. Is this necessary for results? Does it expedite results?

- Because I'm in my early 20s, do you think it's possible for me to see faster results? My stretch marks are about 3 mm wide.

My understanding for the process is this:

Roll every 3-4 weeks
Clean areas to be rolled with 70% isopropyl alcohol
Use dermaroller and dermastamp back to back?
Roll 6-12 times in each area?
Then stamp areas 6-12 times afterward?
Clean roller and stamp with dishwashing soap, then soak in alcohol for 30 min?
Take shower, wait 30 minutes, add 0.1% tretinoin
Next day use vitamin C serum
Use tretinoin 3-5 times a week and Vitamin C every day until next roll

Is this correct?
Pandax12
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
The best vitamin C serums will have more than just glycerine.Look for Vitamin E, Ferulic Acid, penetration enhancers, etc.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=446865#446865

If you don't want to go that route, this one has a good rep and is priced right.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0036BI56G/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B0036BI56G&linkCode=as2&tag=hotandflacom-20&linkId=KNDB5N3YRQSWWXMW

Your 70% alcohol will be just fine but you could dilute it if you wish.

I'd buy a dermastamp also.

As to your other questions, keep re-reading the link
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:35 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |