Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Acne Prone Skin with large pores
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
renyc95

Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:30 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
I am asian male 29 with tanned skin. My problem is that i have large pores on my cheeks, nose and forehead. I have occasional breakout but not too serious. Mild scarring from past acne. One more question, i get acne sometimes on my neck .. big one. I was wondering if i can use anything to remove it and the scars took forever to heal. What should i use for this?

Main concern is large pores and mild scarring. Whats the best product to address the problem that i have?

I am interested to use MD Formulations range but not sure whether i should be trying that. Currently im just using some normal cleanser n toner day n nite. I avoid mosturizer as im afraid that it would promote breakouts more.

Please assist.. THanks in advance
Mabsy

Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
There are a few things that I would suggest. First, I think it would be beneficial for you to use a product with glycolic acid (AHA). I have had good results with the MD Formulations glycolic cleanser. You have not mentioned what type of skin you have (oily, normal, dry?). As long as it's not dry then you should be fine with the cleanser. In terms of moisturisers, if you are on the oily side, try Dermalogica Oil Control Lotion. This has salicylic acid (BHA) which should help prevent breakouts but will also help clear existing ones faster.

In terms of large pores, my favorite product is the Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream. The AHA/BHAs in the other products I mentioned should help with pore size but I have found that nothing cleans out pores like the Dr H cleansing cream. And if your pores are full of gunk then you can't really expect them to look small can you? If you do decide to try the Dr Hauschka cream, be advised that some people do experience an initial breakout with it and that you do need to use it for about 2 minutes each time and it is more tedious than a normal cleanser.
renyc95

Sun Mar 13, 2005 5:22 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Mabsy for the information. Im on my way to purchase MDF 12% glycolic cleanser from ebay. Got it pretty cheap there for bout 5USD.

However, i was wondering if i should use any toner at all after cleansing? What would be good practice? Do i spot treat the pimples first or i should apply something like a topical lotion all over the face that treats the breakouts as well as work for the pores?

One more concern that i have is ive been breaking out on the neck which are very noticeable and takes long time to heal. Currently im applying retin-A gel on those as well as breakouts that i have on face.

Any thoughts to control the breakouts?
Mabsy

Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:08 am      Reply with quote
Using a toner is really up to you. You could use one with AHAs as well but be careful as an overload might dry out your skin. If you do want to use a toner then the toner goes on first and then the spot treatment.

Hope that helps.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:15 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |