Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Dark Circles Around the Eyes
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
juls_sal
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:53 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

I'm 25 and suffer from dark circles all around my eye area (upper and lower lids).

I've used various creams and spend a lot of money but to no avail.

If anyone out there has any suggestions or recommendations please feel free to reply.

If suggesting a product where can i find it.

Thanks in advance.

Julia
Toronto

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:49 am      Reply with quote
i've always been prone to dark circle especially when I am tired - I think they look worse because I have very pale skin. I went through a spell of trying so many products when I was younger and I do think it made the problem worse. I have found the elemis eye rescue to be great but not very moisturising but then you probably do not need that. I also find I am prone to sinusitus which can make the dark cicles worse. So the minute i feel the start I inhale with menthol and put menthol and eucalyptus oil on an electric burner next to my bed all night.

Stick to a product you like and under use it - any over application will further congest the area. Good luck and there are many products to disguise the dark circles - my current fav is Jane Iredale.
Rose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:00 am      Reply with quote
Julia,

Search the forum on Teamine. It seems that Teamine is a good product to combat the dark circles.

Rose
Mabsy

Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Julia,

Have you tried Peter Thomas Roth Power K Eye Rescue? This is the one that has worked really well for me when others did nothing. Of course, the effectiveness of the cream will also depend on why you have dark circles in the first place. Which brings me to that question Do you sleep well? Have any allergies? Sinus problems?

Mabsy
Sweet_Angel
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
Julia

You might want to check these threads:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=13008&highlight=#13008

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=36411&highlight=#36411

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=12231&highlight=#12231

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
thank you once again for all the replies.

I use a concealer by MAC which works great.

But, I’ve come to a point where I don't care to wear make up anymore. I would just like to wake up in the morning and leave the house without having to wear any make up.

I will admit to being sleep deprived. If I’m lucky I get about 5 -6 hours of sleep a night and I don't think I can change that.

There is no heredity of dark circles in my family.

I suffer from allergies but not sinuses.

All i want to is to even out my skin around my eyes.

I've been to various dermatologists, used the NEO-STRATA EYE CAPSULES, various other prescription and non prescription creams and in fact developed eczema in the process.

So, which product do u think i should start off with and where can I find them.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
after reading the threads i'm not sure which product to start off with

Teamine, Peter Thomas Roth Rescue K Eye gel or something else.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:52 am      Reply with quote
i received teamine in the mail last night and looking forward to seeing exceptional results (keeping my fingers crossed).

i just hope it works.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:59 am      Reply with quote
sorry to get off topic

has anyone with tan skin had success with teamine (dark circles)

5% products discount

Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:12 am      Reply with quote
its really hard to get rid of dark circles. Really use an eye cream in the day and a gel at night and don't apply your normal day or night moisturiser that you use on the rest of your face, to your eye area.
To get rid of them temporarily during the day use a colour wash corrector in yellow.. you can buy them from most good cosmetic retailers.. think someones already mentioned this but YSL do a good eye concealer/colourwash in1. it's a brush pen that you click the end of and the concealer is dispensed onto the brush that you can then dab onto your eyes and blend in. Not sure what it's called. ask at a YSL counter though.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:31 am      Reply with quote
juls_sal wrote:
Hi,

I'm 25 and suffer from dark circles all around my eye area (upper and lower lids).

I've used various creams and spend a lot of money but to no avail.

If anyone out there has any suggestions or recommendations please feel free to reply.

If suggesting a product where can i find it.

Thanks in advance.

Julia
Toronto

I have heard many great success stories when people use Okusil by Janson Beckett for dark circles. Right now EDS is giving Janson Becketts 5 day sample package FREE. If you look under the thread AlphaDerma on the Product Review board you will see it. I believe it was posted two days ago. You can read about Okusil here on EDS and get more information on the Janson-Beckett website. To try it FREE how can you go wrong? Laughing

Winnie
JB
juls_sal
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:35 am      Reply with quote
i just got teamine by mail about 2 days ago along w/ 2 samples. so i have no choice but to give it a try.

hope it works...

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:36 am      Reply with quote
juls_sal wrote:
i just got teamine by mail about 2 days ago along w/ 2 samples. so i have to choice but to give it a try.

hope it works...

Good luck with the products. Let us know how you make out.

Winnie
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:39 am      Reply with quote
Glad you got your Teamine. I love that stuff though I think Eye Bright is better at brightening, it's not very moisturizing. However, if you have allergies then you are having drainage through your sinuses pretty much constantly. I would try using antihistamines for a few days just to see if your circles lighten up. If they do, then better to treat the allergies to get rid of the circles. Good luck!
juls_sal
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:06 am      Reply with quote
it's been about 2 weeks since i started using teamine. i've been using it religiously twice a day. right now i'm still using the sample packs that came along with product.

i don't see much change. in fact my upper eye lids have been flaking a lot. i'm a bit disappointed and over anxious but i guess time will tell.

5% products discount

Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:16 am      Reply with quote
hi julia,

from my readings, it seems that creams or gels with the vitamin K tend to diminish dark eye circles.

oh, and they (vitamin k) help to reduce stretch marks apparently.

I have dark eye circles and I use a lancome eye cream which seem to help a little because it contains some algae (seaweed) extract and soya oil which are both good sources of vitamin k.

Just out of curiousity, what are the past products that you have used? I am thinking of changing my current eye cream to a cheaper alternative... Smile
juls_sal
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:42 am      Reply with quote
i've used Neo Strata Eye Gel Caps in the past after which i developed eczema on my upper eye lids but that could be due to overusage.

after that i gave up for a while and now i'm on teamine. From previous threads it seems that teamine is most recommended and costs about $68CAD. So, hopefully i'll see results at some point.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:59 am      Reply with quote
Is there a commercial product that has both hydroquinone and vit K? I read a research article that said they work better together.
juls_sal
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:05 am      Reply with quote
i'd like to know too. ever since i've started using teamine i have to use cortate on top of it or my eyes get way too dried out.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:07 am      Reply with quote
What is cortate???? I HOPE you aren't using cortaid!!! If you are, stop it immediately. A cortisone cream, even a low concentration one like otc cortaid is absolutely NOT appropriate for use around your eye.

If you find the teamine drying, although I never have, use a topical moisturizer designed for use around your eyes - even a drugstore brand like neutrogena or one of the oil of olay products would be better than cortaid...eeek.
juls_sal
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:16 am      Reply with quote
cortate is used for skin irritation, cuts or bruises at least that's what the tube says.

it has hydrocortisone in it so i assumed it would be ok to use on dry skin.

i just hope teamine works.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:41 am      Reply with quote
I suspect that "cortate" is just the candian version of "cortaid" - it is a hydracortisone cream. It isn't intended as something to be used to treat habitually dry skin at all. In fact, if the cortate itself isn't the cause of the problem, it is most certainly exacerbating it.

It is drying. That isn't the only problem with using it as you are, but it doesn't help. It can be deceptive because it is very emollient, but there is a huge difference between a product that adds moisture, or helps your skin to grab moisture, and an emollient. If you read the directions for use on the tube, you will see that it is not recommended for continual use.
juls_sal
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:00 am      Reply with quote
katee

thanks, i'll stop using it.

but what other options do i have to combat dry skin around my eyes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:20 am      Reply with quote
Whewww.... I'm not usually that emphatic but you were worrying me!!!
As for dry skin around the eyes, there are a gazillion options, depending on whether all you want to do is moisturize, or if you also need firming, etc. If all you need is to moisturize over the teamine, you can start with something inexpensive. I've found the Neutrogena products to be great for the money. Oil of Olay has some nice products too - the Renerist eye product has gotten some rave reviews, including from dermatologists who say that it is one of the best otc items out there.
If you need something more, shisheido, sisley, and cellcosmet all make great products as does babor....those are definitely pricier though.
I'd be interested to know what you end up doing. Laughing
juls_sal
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:45 am      Reply with quote
thanks katee

you might have misunderstood me in terms of cortate. the only time i use it is when my skin over my eyes get dry and flaky otherwise i normally stick to teamine and over that i use vaseline body lotion with vitamin A&E.

i'm 25 so wrinkles aren't really an issue for me.

will keep you posted on my teamine results.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:44 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |