Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

The Derminator
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:
Hello, My dermaroller is old. I'm really interested in single needling. Are you just taking a needle and going at it? I believe someone posted she just used a sewing needle. Is that right? I really want to address my lip lines. Thank you.

Please don't use a sewing needle. Owndoc still have single needles left, but they advise against them because they are "too" thin. You could try using acupuncture needles - they come in very thin size.

Or you could join us and get a Derminator! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:58 am      Reply with quote
junerosemac wrote:
I used plain warm water while needling, and after, say about half an hour after I used the copper peptide serum that I got from Owndoc. It was probably that, so I won't use that until the holes have closed

Dr. Lance Setterfield says that at depths of more than .5, you should not use anything but HA after needling.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
jiidea wrote:
Thanks a million Immacolata! really sweet of you.! Smile

You are very welcome! Be sure to check in now and then and let us know how it's going.

I just did my lips, upper and lower. I was EMLA'd out so I didn't feel much but damn, did I bleed! Right now I have a ring of red skin around my mouth and several redder lines where I used the single needle.

After seeing RMC's results I'm more determined than ever to stick with my regime. I'll be doing the rest of my face tonight. I find that splitting it into sections - lips, cheeks, forehead - that I do a more thorough job.

God, I love this machine and am so grateful to Sarah Vaughter. I wish she'd post here so I could thank her in person, but she tends to keep to herself. Nonetheless, Sarah, if you're reading this, THANK YOU!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
CPHgirl wrote:
Re. what to use as lubricant during the procedure, I just spritz on thermal water.

I use a hyaluronic acid and water in a spray bottle. After cleaning the skin, apply the serum. It will sink into the skin. That's ok because you will spray your skin with the water to add slip where you need it during the treatment.

HTH

Late 40's, Currently using AALS, Violet Ray 12/2010. Skincare products; Derma-e peptides plus & hyalorinic acid night cream, Origins; Antioxidant moisturizer with White Tea & Antioxidant cleanser with White Tea. Skin Laboratory Glycolic, Lactic & Salicylic acids. Recently started using 12/2010 Skin Biology's CP serum & TTT.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
jiidea wrote:
Thanks Immacolata.

Where do u guys get your Dr Lance Setterfield information from ? u bought his book ?

I don't have his book, I'm getting my info from other posters in this thread who do have the book. It was kind of expensive for me...

That's how I learned about using saline solution before and nothing but HA afterward. I don't use the saline solution though, I use HA both before and after.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone seriously into microneedling should watch and read the following Dr Des video and article: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN40mdO3HbM

http://www.spabeauty.co.nz/Beauty+Articles/x_post/the-evolution-of-skin-needling-00260.html

His main point seems to be that we get the same or even better results by using 1mm rolling (I use the Derminator) 6 times within a certain timeframe (his maximum wait time: one week, but he thinks 2 or 3 days wait time might be even better). His reasoning: "I believe that the reason for this is that one builds up the concentrations of TGF-beta-3 to levels unattainable by even the most intensive needling because each needling experience adds to the previous levels of TGF-beta-3." He dismisses concerns about weekly treatments, says the concerns have "no clinical evidence at all".

If you are considering 3mm needling, perhaps this is the safer way to go? I'm going to try this (am up to third 1mm treatment today). Until now, I've done very intense (2mm, 2.5mm) needling every few months, with quite a lot of teeth-gritting and about three days hiding in the house, but if this can work *better* and I can fit it in without looking too scary, I'm all for it.

As usual: this is just something I'm trying. I have no medical background and anyone trying needling must do so at their own risk.
MaryClaire
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:53 am      Reply with quote
This is Fawnie's link. I thought I ordered the same thing but my packaging looks different.
www.ebay.com/itm/Silk-Facial-Mask-Post-Microneedle-Roller-5-Pack-/121172338744?pt=US_Skin_Care&hash=item1c366f283
MaryClaire
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:57 am      Reply with quote
This is what mine looks like and I noticed it still for sale on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5x-100-Natural-H-A-Silk-Facial-Mask-Unisex-Anti-Wrinkles-Aging-from-France-/181531538955?hash=item2a441f760b:g:ZAAAAOSwRLZUG1xI
holegrain

Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
Here's what I did so far:

5 days ago, I numbed half my forehead and one hand only. Just to give it a trial run at .25 and see how it feels, etc.

Used ha for slip during. I didn't snap till I was done that I had used tap water to mix it up with. Now I see I was supposed to use distilled. I mixed up in a shot glass using the ratio previously mentioned, worked great that way, too.

Did my 1 numb hand first, on .25 & medium speed. Wasn't too bad, so thought I'd see what .50 would feel like...it was so-so for me, I hadn't' used enough emla, so I turned it back to .25 pretty quick.

Moved on to the half of my forehead that had emla. Still at .25 & med, it smarted a little, as someone described it like a rubber band pop. But it wasn't bad at all.

I moved over to the other half of my forehead that was not numbed. It was an eye opener, for sure lol. I couldn't handle .50 on that half.

I ended up doing the rest of my face on .25, moving pretty quickly.

Just made my face red, and felt like a sunburn. A little flaking started a couple days later. I continued to use the ha I'd made with tap water for a few days, and skipped makeup completely, just because I didnt have to wear it.

So now, I'm sitting here with emla on my face, neck, and hands. So much for not using it in "large areas" haha.

I had bought one of the anteage microdermal needling kits last year, the one with the 5 little vials in it. I had forgotten about it until someone here was asking about it. It says it's for use during and after needling. Since I forgot to get distilled water to make more ha solution, I'm going to use the anteage stuff.

I have no idea what depths I'm going to do yet, so I'll report back when I'm done Smile
miracleskin29
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
I wanted to share a couple things . I tried the infadolan ointment from own doc on my neck and chest for the first time after needling last Thursday. I am impressed with it because it seems to be the most moisturizing soothing product I've used .its also good to know the Vit A and D is in there but idk yet if it's in therapeutic amounts . I have been having problems with my chest(just my chest) itching in general abut even more after needling and almost any active . For me it hydrated better than emu oil and is not greasy,although I think some people do find it greasy.

Also for my face . I just tried the anteage microneedling solution for just my face the first time this Sat and I like it as well because i was bright red after needling sat (1.5 on cheeks ,.75 forehead .barely .25 on lips) I am a fast healer . However the next morning my face was smooth hydrated and light . I (being me) put vit c on it the next morn and it did turn a bit pinkish after that but I want those actives on there ! Lol

Jidea, I wonder if you will have great results with the 6 sessions but Just not seeing them yet because it takes time for the collagen/etc?

MaryClaire ,
Csn you share how to make the oil and where to get ingredients ? I'm interested and overwhelmed at the same time !

Also , I am quite disappointed that I am still sensitive in the upper lip area and can barely tolerate .25! Forehead is sensitive as well ! I'm using prescription numbing cream ! Using about 3 grams for the whole face and scared to use more because don't want to get lidocaine poisoning . Any suggestions ? I tried an ultra light roll w a dermaroller before putting it on

Thanks everyone ! Sorry so long and hope something in this helps someone !

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
Catski, I forgot to comment on the derminator. I do like it better than rolling especially if you're doing medical rolls.

The needle goes up and down at a 90 degree angle and the professionals think this is better than coming at an angle.

You can easily change from a 9 needle to a single needle.

You have better access to skin around the eyes or any tight areas.

I like the circular paths that I use with the terminator rather than the vertical, horizontal and star patterns of the rollers. I don't use the timer feature. I just keep needling until I my skin turns a pleasing shade of red.

One of the cons is that the maximum needle depth is 2.25 so if you want to go deeper you'll have to use a different device.

HTH
miracleskin29
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:31 am      Reply with quote
HI MaryClaire,

Here is a great place for 10% lidocaine . I got it in 3 days . Fast email response too. I wound up getting a prescription numbing cream after all, but this helped
https://www.koreangs.com/pain-relief

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:20 am      Reply with quote
Here is where I ordered my numbing cream:

http://www.biosenseclinical.com/detail.aspx?Z=68977

Power of 3 numbing agents:

Benzocaine 20%
Lidocaine 6%
Tetracaine 4%

They state that it only takes 15 min to numb the area if you cover it with Saran Wrap.

They are in Canada and the RPh will contact you to ask you what you plan to use it for, where you are using it, and how often. CYA I guess since its compounded by them.

To answer another question further up, LMWHA does not trigger inflammation, in fact it helps alleviate it. https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Stefano_Cavicchini/publication/51415444_Low_molecular_weight_hyaluronic_acid_increases_the_self-defense_of_skin_epithelium_by_induction_of_beta-defensin_2_via_TLR2_and_TLR4/links/00b7d520b2f1ae906d000000.pdf

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3486775/

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:11 pm      Reply with quote
Becst*r wrote:
Is anyone using the merbe/sqoom/fyola alongside The Derminator?

I'm wondering if it would be beneficial using it after the cosmetic roll for product penetration or is that overkill? Confused

I use Fyola (same as Merbe/Sqoom) but not on the same day as Derminator .75mm. Probably for a cosmetic roll, it would be beneficial. I use red LED instead to calm inflammation after using the Derminator.

Dry skin but not many wrinkles; 50s and Asian; Topicals: Vit C, tretinoin, hydroquinone & azaleic acid for melasma; Likes: SK-II, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, Skinceuticals, Obagi, P50, Sunday Riley, Hada Labo, facial oils
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:46 pm      Reply with quote
I am using Merbe, Lightstim after 1.0 mm Derminator.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
Check it out - finally a video of someone using the Derminator on her face! She looks to be making larger circles than I use, but she stays in one area for longer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzUdMhmmssI

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:38 am      Reply with quote
I've been using it on stretchmarks but not as often as I'd like because I just had eye surgery (PRK & Kamra In-lay). From prior use, some of my scars look so much better and my hands are a bit plumper.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:07 am      Reply with quote
Becst*r wrote:
Immacolata wrote:
Check it out - finally a video of someone using the Derminator on her face! She looks to be making larger circles than I use, but she stays in one area for longer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzUdMhmmssI

Thanks for the link! I have also not been spending as long in the one area. Do you do your whole face in a sitting? It's been a while since I read the whole thread and can't remember if anyone has mentioned how long they are spending on a whole face session. I'm not keen on the timer 😏

Hi, sorry for not answering sooner. I break it up into areas - I'll do around the lips and on my forehead one day, then cheeks and neck the net.

I've been goofing around and haven't used it in months. Got to start again!

5% products discount

Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:21 am      Reply with quote
It's a while since I posted on here, but I have continued using my Derminator, I do a session every 5 to 6 weeks, using 2.00, I also do my lips lines (and other lines) with my single needle at 2.00. I've been doing this for about 18 months, and yes I do see an improvement in my skin. I took some before photos and there is a big difference, lines are less deep and my skin depth is better, my skin seems stronger. I'm 70 in July, so it was a long shot to try and do something, but I am happy with the results. But I do use Retin A 1% too and I think the Retin A is helping a lot too, but for an old face there is a way to go yet. I will keep with it.... Happy Derminating
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:37 am      Reply with quote
Derminator 2 has 2 things that I like; first is the 12-needle cartridges & another one is the silicone sleeve. However, Derminator 1 serves me well and I see no reason to spend extra money to get the 2.
babu

Thu May 09, 2019 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
I remember poring over this thread getting advice before I bought mine, so I thought I would share back.

I have been using the Derminator 1 for 5 years intermittently, with an interval of 8 – 10 weeks or even longer between sessions.

During the first phase, I was using it for my face, stretch marks and also on my elbows (I had realized they were actually very wrinkly and sagging, probably due to past weight loss). I definitely got results.

- Stretch marks: I had some on my bottom and breasts since I was a teen (I m now 42). They were hollow, deep and white. Within a year, they had filled and faded significantly (I ve stopped since because it s an area difficult to self-treat).

- Elbows: within the same period, the crepiness was gone and the skin was firmer (big reduction in the amount of wrinkles and a much better aspect) but the extreme sagginess subsisted despite further treatment. But we’re talking several mm-deep folds with just too much skin for the little tissue/fat under. Sarah Vaughter says clearly in the doc it is beyond the Derminator’s reach, but I wanted to try and it did some visible good (I finally resolved this by having Profilho filler last year).

I had afterwards a long break of the Derminator (2y +) where I worked too much.

So, I resumed 2 years ago (also not too regularly). This time I focused on my face but also on my arms. Beyond my elbows, I had noticed some changes and more generally, wanted to prevent sagging. Also, considering my forearms and shoulders are probably the parts of my body most affected by sun damage, I thought they could do with a bit of targeted renewal.
It worked beyond my wildest dreams.

I am aware Sarah Vaughn is not making any major claims concerning body skin laxity and that some other reviewers have had worse experiences than mine and I only talk for myself here.

- Hands: I had enlarged pores as well as deep creases at the base of the thumb and around the wrists (those creases appeared in my late 20s). Pores appearance may vary I now realize but the creases have massively receded. They do not cover my whole wrist anymore. I tried at the beginning 2.25mm but it was too painful. I now do it at 1.25, around the wrist at 2.25.

- Elbows (inner): the skin at the fold (where you can see the veins) had turned very crepey- and thin-looking. The skin is now looking as thick and smooth as the rest.

- Forearms: when I was flexing my arms, the skin there was folding into a wave of fine lines. Now, they just full up, plump like a baby.

- Upper arms skin: I had no visible sagging but a crease was appearing horizontally across my arm when I was bending it. This crease has disappeared, yet to come back.

- Armpit “fat” (laxity, actually): to see what would happen, I started to treat the zone and the tissue above. The results have been spectacular: no more plopping roll of flesh, it has literally been pulled back up.

- I have started on my knees last year because I noticed some sagging appearing, working not only the knee itself but also the skin above. It has improved, but I still have some way to go.
I do all these zones at 2.25mm. It is virtually painless compared to thinner areas, rarely draws blood but it takes a long time. My skin turns into a red sunburn within 5 mins (easy to spot the zone left untreated).

- Face: I have no more wrinkles and lines than when I purchased my Derminator. When I resumed 2 years ago, I had developed deep lines on my forehead. These are now barely visible and I would swear my skin feels thicker there (same for my hands). I also love how the Derminator makes the red capillaries around my nose disappear for several weeks. At the beginning I was trying to do hands and face at 2.25 but it is too painful and feels excessive, I do between 0.75 – 1.25.

For body and face, I go through the same cycle more less: I stay red and flushed with petechiae for up to 2 days according to needle and tissue depth. Then a very brief glow and plump for 24 hours max (must be due to post-rolling swelling), then it severely dries, peels off and dulls for 1-2 weeks of despair. Then it slowly improves again, always a bit better than before you started.

If I had to add the price of all the costly and invasive procedures I should have undergone to treat all these issues, Derminator is such a win.
It is working (for me), it is so much more affordable than cosmetic surgery alternatives and convenient to use. I just to stay very careful and thorough with cleaning and sanitizing.

Basically, if I had the money, I would pay someone to treat my face whole body once every 2 months. Simple as that.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:19 pm      Reply with quote
I just finished my lips and chin. I used the single needle first to attack as many lines as I could see, then went over it again with the 9 needles, both at a depth of 1.5. Bled like crazy! Tomorrow I'll do my cheeks, then the day after my forehead. I can't handle doing my whole face, I always rush it and feel like I should have done more. This way I concentrate on one area at a time.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:33 am      Reply with quote
I’m also back to the derminator fold! I turned 70 last month and took almost the entire last year feeling sorry for myself. Took stock and realized how much I have to look forward to . I’m very lucky the skin changes I’ve had in that last year weren’t too noticeable ( I did use derminator intermittently) but now I’ve rededicated myself. I’m following the same basic protocol as Immacolata , although i use retinA after i needle followed by copper serum. You ladies are an inspiration!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:17 am      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:
RANT ALERT!
Hi, I've been reading about the Dr. Pen micro needling device. There are several models. Most are very happy with it, but some say Derminator is better. I have been derma rolling .5 up to 1.5 for years. Honestly, I do NOT look better. In fact, my hands look horrible! It's embarrassing. I must be doing something wrong.
I've also read that derma rolling is bad for your skin...others say that's not true. I relate to babu regarding arms, elbows, etc. I swear, if one thing isn't saggy, 10 other things are! I'm at the point where I feel like I am really wasting my time (and money). I don't have $8,000 to spend on j-plasma for my arms. Now, my neck is loose and ugly...saggy skin, not fat. I know I sound whiny, but it really gets frustrating. UGH!

Microneedling will help the skin but not the muscles underneath the skin. I would suggest facial exercise if you can't afford a lift or fillers. Fillers are temporary anyway. Check out Ageless if You Dare. You may find them helpful.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |