Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
The Derminator
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Grammalow
5% products discount

Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:41 am      Reply with quote
It's these.

http://www.amazon.com/Expressions-Breathable-Anti-Wrinkle-Patches-Crescent/dp/B00JGAHFIU/ref=sr_1_7?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1437067858&sr=1-7&keywords=dermagen

They come in other shapes and sizes, and also "fabric". I like these the best. I have put some of the other shapes on eyes, cheeks, etc. Sometimes it's just too much time to put them on, and then take them off and put them back in place. But between the eyes is worth the effort.

They can be used lots of days in a row. When they start leaving a sticky residue on the inside of my eye, I toss them.

I put them in an overlapping reverse parentheses shape, and run them from the inside bridge of my nose up to my forehead. It's hard to show here but: )(
Grammalow
5% products discount

Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:43 am      Reply with quote
One more thing. The directions say to wait at least 30 minutes after applying creams and serums before applying these, but I gave that up very quickly. They go on immediately afterwards.
CPHgirl
5% products discount

Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:44 am      Reply with quote
Just tolk my derminator for a spin Very Happy It was very quick and almost painless compared to the rollers. And judging from the pinprick bleeding it did just as god a job as the rollers. Total rave so far!
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
Here is another microneedling pen demo (not the Derminator) that demonstrates the circular technique:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIawoEfZ7cc

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
I find that 0.25 mm Derminator needles hurt way more than a 0.5 mm roller.

Does it mean that I can use the Derminator with 0.25 mm needles only 1 x week? Since it causes as much injury as a 0.5 mm roller ...

Anyone knows? Confused
wrinklefreeforever
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Ladies

It's been a month since my first Derminator roll. Since last time, I did my face, neck, chest, arms and thighs, I wasn't sure if my 9 cartridge needle was dull, but after doing my arms and thighs last night, I held it up to a new cartridge, and WOW! The needles seems bent and half the length of the new cartridge. So this week I am switching to the new cartridge and doing my face, neck, and chest. So far I don't see much improvement but it's only been one time. Hoping for the best!
wrinklefreeforever
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
Also, what do you all think of this for an emulsifier for making vitamin c serum and HA serums?

https://www.bulkactives.com/gelmaker-ultra-emulsifier.html

Also, is the the glycerin that some recipes call for?
https://www.bulkactives.com/epe9010-ethylhexylglycerin-phenoxyethanol.html

Just want to get it right! Thanks for any help!
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:31 am      Reply with quote
I've never used that emulsifier, but I have used glycerin in a homemade serum and got huge, painful acne cysts on my forehead and eyebrow. Never again! I recommend using propylene glycol in place of glycerin.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:57 am      Reply with quote
I have used that preservative EPE9010 for a couple of months and not found any issue.

While I use this cream as an emulsifier.

https://www.bulkactives.com/lab/multi-lamellar-base-creams
Penta
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hey guys,

Do you know if owndoc have a protocol on their website for stretchmarks and/or scars regarding length of needles, products etc for the derminator?
wrinklefreeforever
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
Is it worth getting a preservative so it lasts longer?
wrinklefreeforever
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
summer2004 wrote:
I have used that preservative EPE9010 for a couple of months and not found any issue.

While I use this cream as an emulsifier.

https://www.bulkactives.com/lab/multi-lamellar-base-creams

Summer which one do you use on your face and with which actives? Is it good for both vitamin c and vitamin a, as well as hyaluronic acid? Do I still add water?

Sorry new at this. Appreciate the help!
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:10 am      Reply with quote
WFF,

I put EPE9010 into my DIY Vitamin C serum; for the cream/emulsifier, I dissolve Glucosamine, Niacinamide, Glutathione, Vit E into water & mix them with the cream.
wrinklefreeforever
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:54 am      Reply with quote
summer2004 wrote:
WFF,

I put EPE9010 into my DIY Vitamin C serum; for the cream/emulsifier, I dissolve Glucosamine, Niacinamide, Glutathione, Vit E into water & mix them with the cream.

What do you use the multi lamellar base cream with?
Can I use that and just add vitamin C or A or hyaluronic acid, or do I need to add something else to make it work? Thank you so much for your help!
junerosemac
5% products discount

Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
Finally done it, ordered my derminator, crunch crunch, now i'll have to find my courage
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:07 am      Reply with quote
WFF,

I posted the wrong link.

This is the one I use.

https://www.bulkactives.com/lab/liposome-microemulsions/pre-liposome-microemulsion-base.html

Dissolve the water based actives and mix them with this cream/serum and then done.

You may ask Bulk Actives question in her forum.
https://www.bulkactives.com/index.php?route=information/forum
wrinklefreeforever
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Summer! I did my 3rd medical roll last night - spaced a month apart. My face is red, red, and did I say RED! Love it though. Just got my vitamin c powder and made my first batch just with water and sprayed it on. Stings a lot.

Question: What is the layering process if you use HA and also vitamin A. Which goes first second and third?

I'll keep you updated if I start to see results.
Grammalow
5% products discount

Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:35 am      Reply with quote
Penta wrote:
Hey guys,

Do you know if owndoc have a protocol on their website for stretchmarks and/or scars regarding length of needles, products etc for the derminator?

The documents can be downloaded from owndoc.com. The one on Derminator operation refers back to the general one for rolling for specifics on each issue. This one contains a section on stretch marks and scars, and I believe they are in the table of contents.
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:54 am      Reply with quote
WFF,

I do not use HA serum.

For the first night of the rolling, I just put on emu oil.

Then, 2nd night I put on Retin-A as usual.

By the way, your mileage may vary.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
I was just looking closely in the mirror and am happy to report a definite, visible improvement in my smoker's lines. They are much more shallow and shorter. I've done 5 treatments, spaced about a month apart, and am due for another, so it's been six months.

Be patient - this thing really works!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
This thing would be a good thing to use in place of saran wrap for covering up the numbing cream, or over saran wrap to hold it in place:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JIN8BTW/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2IHFYXL8J5X97

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:56 pm      Reply with quote
Immacolata wrote:
I was just looking closely in the mirror and am happy to report a definite, visible improvement in my smoker's lines. They are much more shallow and shorter. I've done 5 treatments, spaced about a month apart, and am due for another, so it's been six months.

Be patient - this thing really works!

That's so great to hear Immacolata! I am on my third session so going to keep it up. I made my first vitamin C serum. It's been in the fridge for 4 days. How do I tell if it's still good.

Also, has anyone had their derminator pop the magnet out. It came flying out and i can put it back in and the machine works, but when it put it away the magnet falls out which it didn't before. Any ideas?
denisiel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
wrinklefreeforever wrote:
Also, has anyone had their derminator pop the magnet out. It came flying out and i can put it back in and the machine works, but when it put it away the magnet falls out which it didn't before. Any ideas?

Turn the magnet the other way around.

Dry skin but not many wrinkles; 50s and Asian; Topicals: Vit C, tretinoin, hydroquinone & azaleic acid for melasma; Likes: SK-II, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, Skinceuticals, Obagi, P50, Sunday Riley, Hada Labo, facial oils
Needl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
OK, mine arrived in NZ pretty quickly and works with NZ power (Australian power Derminator).

It really is utterly amazing after going through all the pain of rolling, stamping and single needling: it really barely hurt, more like a very firm massage machine. A few areas in the face were closer to pain, but nothing like what I've put myself through.

I can see myself now needling more often, and covering bigger areas.

However, I'm hiding indoors today, looking rather battered with pink. Shows it works Smile.

I need to work on single-needle cartridge precision: one can't see the needle and the surrounding area immediately gets pink. Do any of you mark the exact centre of the cartridge to know where the needle is?

Now what to do with all the spare rollers and stamps?
wrinklefreeforever
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
denisiel wrote:
wrinklefreeforever wrote:

Turn the magnet the other way around.

Thanks so much - I'll try that!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:24 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |