Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

The Derminator
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
junerosemac
5% products discount

Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:37 am      Reply with quote
How frequently does anyone use the Derminator. I've done one 1.0 on my face and my liplines, then since done a couple of full face at 0.5. I'm going to leave it 3 weeks or so before doing another 1.00 or 1.5. But is it OK for me to use 0.5 in between times.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:27 am      Reply with quote
junerosemac wrote:
How frequently does anyone use the Derminator. I've done one 1.0 on my face and my liplines, then since done a couple of full face at 0.5. I'm going to leave it 3 weeks or so before doing another 1.00 or 1.5. But is it OK for me to use 0.5 in between times.

I think it is. I was reading about someone who did that.

I've been using my Derminator about every six weeks. I'm going to go to every 3 weeks using 1.0.

5% products discount

Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:03 am      Reply with quote
junerosemac wrote:

I am so glad you asked this question. I decided to look at the Owndoc reference manual before I said something I regretted. I'm glad I did! It says for each needle length the frequency "on the same skin area". That was going to be my answer. Then I read the next paragraph. It has this very important statement at the end, that I have been glossing over - You can roll with
short-needled dermarollers in between the sessions with long-needled dermarollers. Yes this says dermarollers, but the Derminator manual sends you here for needle length and frequency.

Hot dawg! I have been so pleased with my 2.0 rolling results. That's the upside. The downside is that I have to wait so long to do it again. This says I can use a 0.5 or maybe even a 1.0 in between. I might settle on 0.75 in some places. I guess everyone knows what will be going on in my bathroom in the next few days!
wrinklefreeforever
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
I went to use my Derminator tonight and it said 'magnet lost or stuck.'The magnet had fallen out once and I put it back in and when it fell out again, someone told me to put it in the other way, which worked. Now somehow the magnet must have fallen out either when I was putting it away last time or when I took it out. I am so upset! Does anyone know if they sell the magnet?
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
wrinklefreeforever wrote:
I went to use my Derminator tonight and it said 'magnet lost or stuck.'The magnet had fallen out once and I put it back in and when it fell out again, someone told me to put it in the other way, which worked. Now somehow the magnet must have fallen out either when I was putting it away last time or when I took it out. I am so upset! Does anyone know if they sell the magnet?

Yes they do, go on owndocs site.
wrinklefreeforever
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:51 am      Reply with quote
Yes, they do! Thanks. Only $3. Ordering 2 just in case it happens again!
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:49 am      Reply with quote
wrinklefreeforever wrote:
Yes, they do! Thanks. Only $3. Ordering 2 just in case it happens again!

You're welcome, it's good they sell those because I'm sure it happens often!

I cant decide, should I get the derminator or the Tria eye wrinkle correcting laser? I know it's apples and oranges, but I plan on getting a Tria eye laser on eBay, they are already selling for $215-250 or ordering a derminator for $200....relatively similar prices.

I already have a knock off microneedle device however I am so interested in trying the derminator and getting even better results from a electric needling machine that seems to really work.

I'm also enticed by Tria's new eye laser because my crows feet have been getting worse as of late and I want to zap them away, however I already have the Tria age defying laser (for entire face) and the ReAura, but a laser that is specialized for the periorbital area sounds nice, I sort of miss having my Palovia.

What to do, what to do? I should sell my Tria ADL for around $300 since I have the ReAura. Sheesh I have too many skin care gadgets.
denisiel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
EC413 wrote:
I cant decide, should I get the derminator or the Tria eye wrinkle correcting laser? I know it's apples and oranges, but I plan on getting a Tria eye laser on eBay, they are already selling for $215-250 or ordering a derminator for $200....relatively similar prices.

I already have a knock off microneedle device however I am so interested in trying the derminator and getting even better results from a electric needling machine that seems to really work.

I'm also enticed by Tria's new eye laser because my crows feet have been getting worse as of late and I want to zap them away, however I already have the Tria age defying laser (for entire face) and the ReAura, but a laser that is specialized for the periorbital area sounds nice, I sort of miss having my Palovia.

What to do, what to do? I should sell my Tria ADL for around $300 since I have the ReAura. Sheesh I have too many skin care gadgets.

I have the Derminator and the Illuminage (which seems to be similar to the Tria eye laser) and started them both around the same time.

I am not sure what the difference is between Reaura and the Tria Eye (as I read somewhere that the Tria Eye and the Illuminage could theoretically be used on the entire face just like the ReAura).

I saw a big improvement in the areas that I have been using the Illuminage for the past 12 weeks. But in the area that I used just the Derminator (hands and neck), the skin is much plumper as well. So not sure which is responsible for the results. I believe the Illuminage in helping to create collagen deep in the dermis and the Derminator (I do 0.5mm) is helping with plumping in the superficial layers. So these two devices seem to be working in tandem on wrinkles and plumping.

I also use the Sqoom/Fyola which is ultrasound but that is more for lifting and massaging of the muscles. Every little bit helps!

Dry skin but not many wrinkles; 50s and Asian; Topicals: Vit C, tretinoin, hydroquinone & azaleic acid for melasma; Likes: SK-II, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, Skinceuticals, Obagi, P50, Sunday Riley, Hada Labo, facial oils
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
denisiel wrote:
EC413 wrote:

I have the Derminator and the Illuminage (which seems to be similar to the Tria eye laser) and started them both around the same time.

I am not sure what the difference is between Reaura and the Tria Eye (as I read somewhere that the Tria Eye and the Illuminage could theoretically be used on the entire face just like the ReAura).

I saw a big improvement in the areas that I have been using the Illuminage for the past 12 weeks. But in the area that I used just the Derminator (hands and neck), the skin is much plumper as well. So not sure which is responsible for the results. I believe the Illuminage in helping to create collagen deep in the dermis and the Derminator (I do 0.5mm) is helping with plumping in the superficial layers. So these two devices seem to be working in tandem on wrinkles and plumping.

I also use the Sqoom/Fyola which is ultrasound but that is more for lifting and massaging of the muscles. Every little bit helps!

Thank you for your response. Darn, I found a $200 Tria Eye Laser this morning, brand new on ebay, and I waited and now it's gone. There are other's for 230-250 auction style and buy it now, but maybe it's a sign I don't need another laser. Maybe the derminator is something I should dive into. I do have a couple little scars on my cheeks, and from my understanding I can needle the eye area, so hmm... maybe I'll order a derminator here in a few days lol. Seems the laser will benefit one zone of my face, but maybe the derminator can benefit them all and with less cost. Maybe I should get a derminator and maybe look for a cheaper Palovia and buy that again. Haha, I am addicted to gadgets its sad, I am the same way with electronics, phone/tablet, etc. Just the way I am wired! Anything DIY or at home I love as well.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
So I am pretty sure after my next paycheck I am going to order a derminator, I dont think another laser product is even necessary considering what I already own, maybe I can pick up a Tria eye laser second hand a year from now when it'll be half the price. Anyways, quick question, and I know they briefly discuss this on owndocs site, but even though they say ONLY use their needles, technically I CAN use the cheaper needles found online, like eBay and Amazon, correct? I just ask because I have like 20x 9 needle cartridges still from the knock off electric needle machine that I bought and the needles seem pretty good so I may just throw them in and use them with the derminator until they're gone, then maybe from there on, order owndocs needles. I dont think owndocs needles are too expensive but you can find like 10 cartridges of the other needles for like $15. Also, I tend to use the needles 2-3 times, giving them an alcohol rinse in between. What do yall think about the cheaper needles inside the derminator, has anyone done it?
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:20 am      Reply with quote
You may find that the plastic part that fits into the machine is not quite the same. I tried to use Derma Jet needles (Owndoc's previous machine) as I had some left over, but the fitting is slightly different. I decided it is not worth possibly damaging my derminator for a small saving. I also reuse the needles until they feel duller than a new cartridge.

All in all even if one splurged every time with a new cartridge, the cost is a pittance compared to having this professionally done.

oops, submitted twice by accident!
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:20 am      Reply with quote
You may find that the plastic part that fits into the machine is not quite the same. I tried to use Derma Jet needles (Owndoc's previous machine) as I had some left over, but the fitting is slightly different. I decided it is not worth possibly damaging my derminator for a small saving. I also reuse the needles until they feel duller than a new cartridge.

All in all even if one splurged every time with a new cartridge, the cost is a pittance compared to having this professionally done.
junerosemac
5% products discount

Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:38 am      Reply with quote
Immacolata, I noticed some of your posts on owndoc forum from as far back as 2012, does that mean you have been rolling/stamping since then? What improvements have you seen to wrinkles etc in that time?
jenp7
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, so I am pretty new to this. Just used my new derminator for the first time last night (1mm around NL lines, .5 on the rest of my face-- except forehead: .25 there) and my skin was pretty red last night, but I woke up today to NO reddness and instead just crappy skin.

In general my skin just looks kind of tired and my lines are WAY worse-- like the lines around my eyes you could not see unless I smiled before; now you can see them just when I look in the mirror (for the first time ever in my life!)-- same thing with the NL lines. They were getting better with massage and facial exercises. Today they look terrible.

What is going on? Anyone else notice "crappy face syndrome" right after a roll or derminator session?? I spent an hour searching the forum and the internet to see if anyone else experiences this and came up with nada. I'm a little worried.

Side note, I followed owndoc's protocol and used Vit C for a week beforehand and followed the procedure with Infandol (vit a)

Almost 40! with sensitive/responsive skin, using facial exercises very lightly. Derminator or prof micropen just a few times a year. AQ eye serum (great for lash growth too) on occasion. Otherwise natural skin care products.
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
jenp7 wrote:
Ok, so I am pretty new to this. Just used my new derminator for the first time last night (1mm around NL lines, .5 on the rest of my face-- except forehead: .25 there) and my skin was pretty red last night, but I woke up today to NO reddness and instead just crappy skin.

In general my skin just looks kind of tired and my lines are WAY worse-- like the lines around my eyes you could not see unless I smiled before; now you can see them just when I look in the mirror (for the first time ever in my life!)-- same thing with the NL lines. They were getting better with massage and facial exercises. Today they look terrible.

What is going on? Anyone else notice "crappy face syndrome" right after a roll or derminator session?? I spent an hour searching the forum and the internet to see if anyone else experiences this and came up with nada. I'm a little worried.

Side note, I followed owndoc's protocol and used Vit C for a week beforehand and followed the procedure with Infandol (vit a)

I don't have a Derminator, but do have another automated roller version (MyM). I experience the same thing. The next day, I just look wiped out and tired. It passes after a day or two. Your skin may be a bit dry from the treatment, so keep it well moisturized. I also find I get some flaking a few days after a treatment.

Congrats on the Derminator, I've been wanting one, but need to keep using what I've got for now.
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
It is normal if you find your skin feels like "sand paper" after rolling; it tells you your rolling did work.
jenp7
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you both! yes, my skin does feel really rough today so I did some light manual exfoliation. Anyone's thoughts: is it ok to resume facial exercises just 3 days after roll?

Still waiting for my skin to perk up completely, but it is definitely already better than it was the first day or two!

Almost 40! with sensitive/responsive skin, using facial exercises very lightly. Derminator or prof micropen just a few times a year. AQ eye serum (great for lash growth too) on occasion. Otherwise natural skin care products.
Needl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
Duh! Rolling Eyes When I said I was having trouble re precision with the 1 needle cartridge, that was because I was using a 9 needle by mistake!!! Probably just my own stupidity, not wrong packaging. The real 1 needle cartridge allows great precision.

Btw, any lawyers here? Sarah Vaughter is extremely careful to not give 'medical advice', and this has made me worried. Are we 'giving medical advice' and could be prosecuted for even posting about our microneedling experiences?
Needl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
"Anyone else notice "crappy face syndrome" right after a roll or derminator session??"

For sure! I don't go out for 1 or 2 days after single needling. Definitely don't look my best for a few days. The body is healing, after all. I accept this because of long term results.

I do facial exercises with super clean hands after a few days, depending on how 'treated' and red an area is.

This is NOT medical advice!! Shock
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:44 am      Reply with quote
I do facial exercise once the redness subsides.
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:31 am      Reply with quote
Needl what are your long term results.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:20 am      Reply with quote
Needl wrote:
Duh! Rolling Eyes When I said I was having trouble re precision with the 1 needle cartridge, that was because I was using a 9 needle by mistake!!! Probably just my own stupidity, not wrong packaging. The real 1 needle cartridge allows great precision.

Btw, any lawyers here? Sarah Vaughter is extremely careful to not give 'medical advice', and this has made me worried. Are we 'giving medical advice' and could be prosecuted for even posting about our microneedling experiences?

No - we're not selling anything, so we're good.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
Jasmine: my long-term results in some places are fab: eg. periorals gone since single needling them in 2012. Other places (upper wrists for instance) have been harder to needle and/or less responsive. The Derminator is so much less painful and so much quicker, that I'll be doing much more now.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
Got a fresh tube of EMLA and am sitting here with my face swathed in sheets of cling wrap waiting to get numb. Since last time hurt I'm leaving it on for an hour and a half. I want to do a very thorough session this time, beginning with single needling my lip lines and elevens at 1.5 depth, then doing my entire face with a 1.5 depth.

I shall report back! Smile

My friends think I am insane. I tell them no, I'm just vain is all! LOL

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:57 pm      Reply with quote
Now that still hurt! Especially round my mouth but I persevered and got it done. My whole face is very pink and tight. I single needled my lip lines then went over my whole face with a 1.25, then I switched to 1.0 and went over it again. I shall do this again in 3 weeks, or on the 25th. I did notice that when I cut the speed to medium it hurt less, so next time I will do around my mouth on medium.

My lip lines really have diminished but I am SO impatient! I have stopped wearing lipstick, just use a little clear balm but I want to start wearing red lipstick again. I used to be known for it, I am blonde and pale skinned and it looked quite well. I do have full lips and I like that, but those lines!

God help me, I'm so vain. LOL

Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:16 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |