Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

The Derminator
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
bluebell
5% products discount

Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:53 am      Reply with quote
Immacolata, I like your comments so refreshing,
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:13 am      Reply with quote
Hello, My dermaroller is old. I'm really interested in single needling. Are you just taking a needle and going at it? I believe someone posted she just used a sewing needle. Is that right? I really want to address my lip lines. Thank you.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
Mars: don't use a sewing needle. Owndoc really advises against it and they are the experts. I used one only because nothing better was available. I used the thinnest I could find but it was immensely painful and may have risked scarring. So please don't do it.

Now that the Derminator is available, just buy one: much faster, much less painful, much more accurate re depth.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:
Hello, My dermaroller is old. I'm really interested in single needling. Are you just taking a needle and going at it? I believe someone posted she just used a sewing needle. Is that right? I really want to address my lip lines. Thank you.

Please don't use a sewing needle. Owndoc still have single needles left, but they advise against them because they are "too" thin. You could try using acupuncture needles - they come in very thin size.

Or you could join us and get a Derminator! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hey girls,

I'm about to splurge on this and join you all. Anyone here needling for stretchmarks or scars?
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
I have a hairline scar on my upper lip, but I haven't been doing this long enough to make a difference. I've been concentrating more on my smoker's lines but just started doing full face.

5% products discount

Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:40 am      Reply with quote
Last time I needled, it was my time for a 1.00, and I also used the single needle on my lip lines. I came out in a terrible spell of itchy spots, probably hives, as the itching drove me crazy. It's a week or more on now and they still show. I'm due to go on holiday to Turkey, so I have left needling alone for things to settle down. Maybe the 1.00 is too much for me yet, being a newbie, after all it's only a month or so since I began. BUT, I haven't given up. When I come back I will start slow and stay with 0.5 until my skin gets stronger. Has anyone else had such a reaction.
MaryClaire
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:47 am      Reply with quote
I have had a hive like reaction from neosporin that I've used after a chemical peel. Maybe something you used afterwards was giving you the hives? Just something to consider.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:39 am      Reply with quote
junerosemac wrote:
Last time I needled, it was my time for a 1.00, and I also used the single needle on my lip lines. I came out in a terrible spell of itchy spots, probably hives, as the itching drove me crazy. It's a week or more on now and they still show. I'm due to go on holiday to Turkey, so I have left needling alone for things to settle down. Maybe the 1.00 is too much for me yet, being a newbie, after all it's only a month or so since I began. BUT, I haven't given up. When I come back I will start slow and stay with 0.5 until my skin gets stronger. Has anyone else had such a reaction.

Did you use anything on your skin before and after?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:24 am      Reply with quote
junerose,

When I did my first roll with the MyM, I had a similar reaction for a day, I think it was what I used after rolling! You have to make sure you use basic, non-comedogenic products afterward, very minimal and light but also products that protect the skin and keep it moisturized. I am sure we had the same reaction, and it was from what you put on your skin before and most definitely what you apply after!

I still need to buy a derminator, it is the next gadget that I will get once I get money aside. I just spent my device money on Tria's new eye wrinkle laser (cost the exact same as a Derminator). Derminator, youre next! For now I have my MyM.

But again, this reaction was ABSOLUTELY from the products you used after. I cant remember what I had used after but my skin did NOT like it, following a roll.
junerosemac
5% products discount

Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:41 am      Reply with quote
I used plain warm water while needling, and after, say about half an hour after I used the copper peptide serum that I got from Owndoc. It was probably that, so I won't use that until the holes have closed
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:04 am      Reply with quote
junerosemac wrote:
I used plain warm water while needling, and after, say about half an hour after I used the copper peptide serum that I got from Owndoc. It was probably that, so I won't use that until the holes have closed

Hmm, I cant exactly remember what I had used, I used HA during the needling (for slip) then afterward, I cant remember what I put on but I know that's what caused the bumps, at least for me. They luckily only lasted a day and were gone by the next morning. But yes, be very careful about what you apply to your skin, at least 48 hours after needling, until the holes close back up.

This reminds me though, I need to order the MyM copper peptide serum from Amazon for my next roll.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:58 am      Reply with quote
junerosemac wrote:

Dr. Lance Setterfield says that at depths of more than .5, you should not use anything but HA after needling.

Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
is HA Hyaluronic acid?
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
Kevin578 wrote:
is HA Hyaluronic acid?

Yes it is Smile you can find it cheap on Amazon.
Kevin578

Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:43 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the response.

What needling speed does everyone use for the derminator? Wouldn't the fastest speed always be the best since there's less of a chance for you to drag the needle when it's in your skin?

what's the purpose of the slow and medium speeds then?
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
Kevin578 wrote:
Thanks for the response.

What needling speed does everyone use for the derminator? Wouldn't the fastest speed always be the best since there's less of a chance for you to drag the needle when it's in your skin?

what's the purpose of the slow and medium speeds then?

Slow and medium do not indicate how long the needle stays in your skin, that remains the same. It is how often the needle goes into your skin.

5% products discount

Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:28 am      Reply with quote
Guys.. Im 25 years old .. Male guy .. And I have wanted to buy this derminator for a long time now.. I got some rolling acne scars that I wanna try and see if i can fade a bit..
However.. my concern is my beard and skin pores ..
Can you just use this thing on skin pores? Without ------------ them up and making them larger ?

And what about the beard ?? are you going to mess with the way, the beard is growing ? I mean what direction the beard is growing..
Thanks guys ! I wish the best for you ! Very Happy

Oh yes, one more thing.. What do you recommend for skin healing before and after using the derminator ?
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:13 am      Reply with quote
I've never heard of any problems with pore size or beards. You can dermaroll your scalp so I don't see where it would make a difference. The holes are made vertically as well, so it would make no difference in what direction you started.

5% products discount

Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:11 am      Reply with quote
I am considering buying the Derminator (and a few other gadgets, ReFa is next). I am starting to feel like my skin is not as firm as it used to be (I started to notice this a few months ago, a few weeks into using my baby quasar, which was the first thing I really did for my skin as I never did much before, even in terms of anti-aging skincare because I always looked pretty young for my age. I stopped using the quasar because I wasn't sure if the device caused me to look worse or I simply was examining my face a little more closely and just started to notice this loss of firmness that perhaps started before but was overlooked, I still look pretty good in certain lighting but terrible in other). I still see this worsening now, months after I stopped the quasar, still don't know if it was the cause or just coincidence.
I don't have too many wrinkles yet, but the firmness is my big concern, it isn't sagging yet but I feel like I have this tired look, like my skin has started to show signs of loosening (and possibly loss of volume). This has been making me a bit depressed and unhappy as I always looked fairly young without doing much to my skin and now I feel like I suddenly aged several years.
Would needling help with this issue?
Also, we are thinking of trying for baby number 2, would needling be contraindicated in pregnancy?
And my 3rd question, my hands have always looked worse than my face, probably a result of years of eczema and the skin is more wrinkled, dry and thin. Anyone has done needling for hands, and how did it work? The skin seems so thin there, how do I know if I am not going to go too deep, what size would you use there?
Thanks a lot in advance!
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
1. Quaser is LED light, correct? It did not and will not cause loss of firmness. I would start using it again.

2. Needling will help a great deal with loss of firmness

3. Ask your doctor before you needle if you have concerns about pregnancy. I wouldn't think it makes a difference, but ask him just the same.

4. Some people have done their hands and what I gather is that it works, but much more slowly than the face.

5% products discount

Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks! I think I will start using the LED again but I feel a little nervous. No, I don't think the quasar can cause sagging but I am not quite sure if the reason I feel like I aged recently is because my skin is not as firm (it is a little bit less firm) but also I feel like I look a bit gaunt, like I miss volume and plumpness. I worry if perhaps the LED could have caused melting of fat? I only used it for maybe a month and most users never report such a thing but I remember reading maybe one or 2 reports of that possibly being possible. It is also possible it is all in my head and I don't look that much worse than before LED.

I was reading the instructions on how to use Derminator and I am not sure if I understand it right. I want to make sure I know how to use it before I buy it. They mostly talk about rollers in the instructions on their site, which are different devices. Do you roll with the Derminator, or its more like stamping, where you lift it after each 'stamp' with needles? Do the needles shoot out as they touch the skin or they are just out as we roll? I hope I make sense with my question.

Thanks!
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
akami wrote:
Thanks! I think I will start using the LED again but I feel a little nervous. No, I don't think the quasar can cause sagging but I am not quite sure if the reason I feel like I aged recently is because my skin is not as firm (it is a little bit less firm) but also I feel like I look a bit gaunt, like I miss volume and plumpness. I worry if perhaps the LED could have caused melting of fat? I only used it for maybe a month and most users never report such a thing but I remember reading maybe one or 2 reports of that possibly being possible. It is also possible it is all in my head and I don't look that much worse than before LED.

I was reading the instructions on how to use Derminator and I am not sure if I understand it right. I want to make sure I know how to use it before I buy it. They mostly talk about rollers in the instructions on their site, which are different devices. Do you roll with the Derminator, or its more like stamping, where you lift it after each 'stamp' with needles? Do the needles shoot out as they touch the skin or they are just out as we roll? I hope I make sense with my question.

Thanks!

You don't roll with it, you make little circles with it. It is much less painful than the dermaroller and more effective, IMHO.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
akami wrote:

Thanks!

You can see video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6tS7Oexu6A

The needles shoot out. I use small circular motions on larger areas with the nine needle cartridge and linear motions with the single needle cartridge.

I also use Baby Quasar after needling as it helps calm inflammation caused by needling. LED is great for calming skin.

Dry skin but not many wrinkles; 50s and Asian; Topicals: Vit C, tretinoin, hydroquinone & azaleic acid for melasma; Likes: SK-II, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, Skinceuticals, Obagi, P50, Sunday Riley, Hada Labo, facial oils
akami
5% products discount

Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the replies and the video. I never used the roller either so I am very new to needling. This may be a silly question but I am trying to imagine how this works and if the needles shoot out how is it that they don't get dragged while inside the skin when I keep moving the device? Wouldn't they stay in the skin and when I move it they would move while still inside the skin? I guess I am imaging this device as some sort of a stamp that shoots out needles when I touch the skin, I can see if it is a roller with needles all around then this makes sense to move it as needles go in and out while they roll, but isn't this device more like a stamp with needles shooting out, not in a roll? Hope I am explaining this right, I may not be making sense to anyone but me. Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |