Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

The Derminator
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks rmc7,

I have a device like the MyM and i don't find it too uncomfortable at all, although I don't want to damage the skin there,

I'm looking forward to hearing more about this device from users,- it seems it's more comfortable to use, but I'm just wondering if the results are better,

Thanks

Jackie xx
rmc7
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:41 am      Reply with quote
Jackie284 wrote:
Thanks rmc7,

I have a device like the MyM and i don't find it too uncomfortable at all, although I don't want to damage the skin there,

I'm looking forward to hearing more about this device from users,- it seems it's more comfortable to use, but I'm just wondering if the results are better,

Thanks

Jackie xx

Even with the MyM devices their were huge differences. Some buyers purchased off of better suppliers than others did. I actually had a pretty decent machine, and I'm thankful for that. But it died!! So if you have a good machine Jackie, and it makes you happy, that's all that counts.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:34 am      Reply with quote
rmc7 wrote:
Jackie284 wrote:
Thanks rmc7,

Thanks

Jackie xx

Even with the MyM devices their were huge differences. Some buyers purchased off of better suppliers than others did. I actually had a pretty decent machine, and I'm thankful for that. But it died!! So if you have a good machine Jackie, and it makes you happy, that's all that counts.

Thanks hun xx
LizzieG
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:10 am      Reply with quote
What is everyone using to clean/disinfect the derminator cartridge? I've been using denture tablets as suggested by Dr S in his book but not sure that's right or only for dermarollers - any ideas?
rmc7
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:03 am      Reply with quote
LizzieG wrote:
What is everyone using to clean/disinfect the derminator cartridge? I've been using denture tablets as suggested by Dr S in his book but not sure that's right or only for dermarollers - any ideas?

I wash mine in soap and water scrubbing gently the needles with a soft baby toothbrush rinse it then put in a little shot glass resting on cotton containing chlorhexinol for about 5 min. Shake it off let it dry then put it away. I only use mine 2x for a whole face, then I use it for product penetration. Or I'll try it on my old ugly hands!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
Derminator back in stock for US at own doc...FYI.
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:28 am      Reply with quote
So...this has peeked my interest. Smile Has anyone tried it on stretchmarks? I have some awful ones from when I had my twins. I recently bought a newer version of the PMD but I can already see it's not the right gadget.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
Updating my previous post, I went and bought it. (Husband will probably kill me, haha.) But seriously, my stretch marks are so bad and I've been using cream and other stuff to no avail. Plus I have some scars that I just cannot get rid of.

Quick question, what numbing cream does everyone use? What about a cleaning solution?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
EMLA is a very strong cream but it's prescription. You can order it from inhousepharmacy but it's ridiculously expensive there. I went to my doc today and he gave me a script for it.

There's another one called NumbFast which is quite strong and is over the counter. I think it's like $25 a tube. There is also a 4% lidocaine, generic, for $6 on Amazon. Search lidocaine at Amazon, you'll find a bunch of stuff.

I would have had my Derminator by now but my account got hacked, and the money hasn't been put back yet. Hopefully it will be Friday and they won't have run out again. Smile

Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
WhiteWolf wrote:
Updating my previous post, I went and bought it. (Husband will probably kill me, haha.) But seriously, my stretch marks are so bad and I've been using cream and other stuff to no avail. Plus I have some scars that I just cannot get rid of.

Quick question, what numbing cream does everyone use? What about a cleaning solution?

I just received mine today and just did a "test patch" on 2.25mm setting. I've had 6 Dermapen treatments at the MedSpa (at 2.5mm depth each treatment) and I can tell you that this is just as powerful and penetrates just as well as the Dermapen.

I've had the treatments done on my stretchmarks with amazing results (greatly reduced depth, color, etc) so I am excited. I was paying $500 for each treatment for my stretch marks and this will not only save me money, but it will allow me to treat areas that I feel the technician may have missed. I did it on one stretch mark today just to test. I was curious if it felt like the Dermapen and it did. I was skeptical about it not penetrating properly but I was impressed. I did bleed a decent amount on the 2.25mm setting but I expected that. I wish I'd bought this sooner.

I have never actually used any numbing cream for any of my treatment. I tolerate pain fairly well though so it really comes down to preference.

I did go on the Dermapen site and buy the HA solution and the stretch mark solution to use when I do my treatments. I'll be doing my first treatment on the 26th myself for the first time so that ought to be interesting!

Very Happy
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
So excited! I just found out my bank is giving me back everything that I lost to fraud. Yay! I'll be placing my order for the Derminator as soon as my bank posts the money to my account.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
Just this minute, I clicked submit and paid for my Derminator! So excited! I think it will be well worth the money, and I'm glad I waited and got this instead of the ebay My-M I was looking at.

I got a script for EMLA from the doc and my insurance will pay for it, so I'm out the door to the drugstore. I've got to order my hyaluronic acid powder for serum from Amazon too.

SO EXCITED!!!!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
Got the MYM from ebay ...have done two treatments so far .. with CP serum afterwards been good so far nothing really remarkable but I am not expecting a whole lot ..:)lets see how it goes trying to remove few acne scars and hyperpigmentation patches ... I dont want to spend too much I buy gadgets and never use them and move on to the next best thing ugh...

Acne-prone skin ,Olive Complexion, using Derma pen ( MYM) ,Used LS & STOP,Got POSE and never used it.. Also got TRIA never used it...Microcurrent Tx and added Facial Detox massage and CP serum so far its pretty good
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
Normally I go the cheaper route, but the price was $199, one dollar within my budget, so I thought what the hey, I might as well start out with a top notch machine. I like their customer service and trust her honesty, as well as the positive reviews I've read here and on skin care talk.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
That's great immmacolata ...hope it works well for you Smile

Acne-prone skin ,Olive Complexion, using Derma pen ( MYM) ,Used LS & STOP,Got POSE and never used it.. Also got TRIA never used it...Microcurrent Tx and added Facial Detox massage and CP serum so far its pretty good
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:37 am      Reply with quote
Yippee! Just got an email from USPS and can expect delivery today. It's getting here faster than the HA that I ordered!

I can't wait to use it for the first time. I will post my thoughts soon. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:13 am      Reply with quote
It came in Saturday's mail, and so did my hyaluronic acid. So I've got everything I need - EMLA, HA, C serum and the Derminator! I'll probably do my first treatment tomorrow or Monday. Now I'm nervous, LOL.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:46 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone know how long it takes to ship to the U.S.? I've ordered mine on January 20th and cannot track it using the tracking number supplied due to it being a country that's blocked (or something odd like that). Not sure when I should start to get nervous and wonder if it's lost. Thanks...

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:14 am      Reply with quote
I ordered my derminator on the 18th of January and have had mine for a week and a half at least. I tracked mine so I could follow it as it moved around. The longest stopover was in New Jersey I think.

Mary
rmc7
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:23 am      Reply with quote
WhiteWolf wrote:
Does anyone know how long it takes to ship to the U.S.? I've ordered mine on January 20th and cannot track it using the tracking number supplied due to it being a country that's blocked (or something odd like that). Not sure when I should start to get nervous and wonder if it's lost. Thanks...

WW my first one took a bit more than 4 weeks and I had to contact them about the tracking number. The second one came much faster, maybe 2 1/2 weeks . I'm in the U.S. also. I just think it depends on what's going on it the other countries. But I would contact Marta and ask if she can see anything.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
I've contacted them and it seems to be stuck stateside, most likely in the NYC sorting facility. I will phone USPS up again tomorrow with the info that it shows shipped from their end at least.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
WhiteWolf wrote:
I've contacted them and it seems to be stuck stateside, most likely in the NYC sorting facility. I will phone USPS up again tomorrow with the info that it shows shipped from their end at least.

Om gosh, that is so frustrating and inexcusable. Their is even an explanation inside the box for customs. They make Ya wonder! Are afraid this is some kind of torture device, ahh, well. Humm .

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:01 am      Reply with quote
Wow, so USPS was of no help once again this morning and its looking like there is no help to locate my package. I even told them over the phone that it was a $200 package and that I am not happy. They are telling me that the shipper has to track it, etc, which is baloney because they already did. Yup, it's lost or just sitting on a shelf somewhere. Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
WhiteWolf wrote:
Wow, so USPS was of no help once again this morning and its looking like there is no help to locate my package. I even told them over the phone that it was a $200 package and that I am not happy. They are telling me that the shipper has to track it, etc, which is baloney because they already did. Yup, it's lost or just sitting on a shelf somewhere. Sad

Wonder if a call to your congressmans office would shake them up. I had to do that with our local post office once. So sorry they are making this so difficult for you.

Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:36 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone know if the same needle cartridges for the MyM will work with the Derminator?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:57 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |