Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

The Derminator
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
rmc7
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:33 am      Reply with quote
I’m also back to the derminator fold! I turned 70 last month and took almost the entire last year feeling sorry for myself. Took stock and realized how much I have to look forward to . I’m very lucky the skin changes I’ve had in that last year weren’t too noticeable ( I did use derminator intermittently) but now I’ve rededicated myself. I’m following the same basic protocol as Immacolata , although i use retinA after i needle followed by copper serum. You ladies are an inspiration!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:39 am      Reply with quote
Yeah, I've really got to stay on it or I'll just let everything slide. It's been that way with my life lately. If I had more stuff I'd be a hoarder because everything is on the floor and my house is messy, LOL. I'm doing better now though.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
rmc7 wrote:
I’m also back to the derminator fold! I turned 70 last month and took almost the entire last year feeling sorry for myself. Took stock and realized how much I have to look forward to . I’m very lucky the skin changes I’ve had in that last year weren’t too noticeable ( I did use derminator intermittently) but now I’ve rededicated myself. I’m following the same basic protocol as Immacolata , although i use retinA after i needle followed by copper serum. You ladies are an inspiration!!

I used CP serum after my session and it seems to have done a lot of good. I think it really made a difference, although with just one session it's hard to tell.

I stopped using Retin-A (too expensive and not cruelty free) in favor of Eve Hansen Retinol Treatment Serum - it's 2.5% and pretty strong. I got more of a response from it than I did from .05% retin-A. Cheaper too!

How often are you needling? Instead of doing the once a week at 1.0mm depth, I'm going to stay with doing 1.5 and 2.0 at varying places, probably every 3 weeks.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:35 am      Reply with quote
RANT ALERT!
Hi, I've been reading about the Dr. Pen micro needling device. There are several models. Most are very happy with it, but some say Derminator is better. I have been derma rolling .5 up to 1.5 for years. Honestly, I do NOT look better. In fact, my hands look horrible! It's embarrassing. I must be doing something wrong.
I've also read that derma rolling is bad for your skin...others say that's not true. I relate to babu regarding arms, elbows, etc. I swear, if one thing isn't saggy, 10 other things are! I'm at the point where I feel like I am really wasting my time (and money). I don't have $8,000 to spend on j-plasma for my arms. Now, my neck is loose and ugly...saggy skin, not fat. I know I sound whiny, but it really gets frustrating. UGH!
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:17 am      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:
RANT ALERT!
Hi, I've been reading about the Dr. Pen micro needling device. There are several models. Most are very happy with it, but some say Derminator is better. I have been derma rolling .5 up to 1.5 for years. Honestly, I do NOT look better. In fact, my hands look horrible! It's embarrassing. I must be doing something wrong.
I've also read that derma rolling is bad for your skin...others say that's not true. I relate to babu regarding arms, elbows, etc. I swear, if one thing isn't saggy, 10 other things are! I'm at the point where I feel like I am really wasting my time (and money). I don't have $8,000 to spend on j-plasma for my arms. Now, my neck is loose and ugly...saggy skin, not fat. I know I sound whiny, but it really gets frustrating. UGH!

Microneedling will help the skin but not the muscles underneath the skin. I would suggest facial exercise if you can't afford a lift or fillers. Fillers are temporary anyway. Check out Ageless if You Dare. You may find them helpful.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
I just finished around my lips and my chin last night. My upper lip bled like crazy! It hurt at 1.25 so I switched it to 1.0 but it still bled. Beforehand I had single needled the individual lines at 1.5. This morning it's red and tight feeling, as it should be. I did a thorough job. I would have been more thorough if it didn't HURT so freaking much! I used EMLA, spread it on an hour beforehand and covered with plastic but it still wasn't strong enough. But I pushed through. I've got to find a better numbing cream though.

This was session #2. I'll post before and after when I start showing some results. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
What kind of single needle did you use?
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:
What kind of single needle did you use?

From Owndoc, for the Derminator. They're only 50 cents each, I'm going to have to stock up as I'm running out.

Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:38 am      Reply with quote
I bought the Derminator 1 a while ago and recently bought the Copper peptide + Hyaluronic acid serum, infadolan, and Vitamin C powder from Owndoc to make my own serum but I’m confused on which one to use before and after microneedling.

Which serum or ointment do I apply on my skin before and after? How often should I apply each serum?
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:17 am      Reply with quote
If your needle length is over .5, according to the current consensus, you should use nothing but hyaluronic acid before, and immediately after. The next day you can use your serums. I would not use the C and copper peptides together - I would do the C in the morning and the CP at night, or vice versa.

Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
Immacolata wrote:
If your needle length is over .5, according to the current consensus, you should use nothing but hyaluronic acid before, and immediately after. The next day you can use your serums. I would not use the C and copper peptides together - I would do the C in the morning and the CP at night, or vice versa.

What about the Infadolan? I thought owndoc market that as really good ointment after microneedling to repair skin?
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
bayman wrote:
Immacolata wrote:

What about the Infadolan? I thought owndoc market that as really good ointment after microneedling to repair skin?

I've never used that. I just know that the latest recommendations say not to use anything other than hyaluronic acid for 24 hours.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
Just went to town on my lips again. Damn, it hurts! Even with numbing cream it's very uncomfortable. But worth it - I see a small difference after about 6-8 weeks, every time. I've got a lot of lines so I know it's going to take a while. I'm trying to use the Derminator once a month but stuff keeps getting in the way, so really I use it about once every 2 months.

I was very thorough this go-round. I didn't have any single needles, so I just used the nine needle, stretching out the skin as I rolled to make sure the needles penetrated. I think I did a pretty good job. The single needles are kind of a pain, often by the time I'm numb half the lines have disappeared.

I am trying to be patient but it's hard. I wish I could afford a facelift, fat transfer, and laser treatments! Anybody want to be my Pygmalion and finance me? LOL

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:09 pm      Reply with quote
I have the derminator 1 and ran out of cartridges, but when going to order, it seems there could be a 3 month delay because of covid. Anyone else experiencing this and has anyone jumped over to the derminator 2?
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 24, 2020 7:57 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone have a good source for Emla shipping to the US? I’m almost out, and I can’t find anything. I’ve tried a lot of other numbing creams and they’re so ineffective, I might as well have nothing. Emla is the only thing that has ever worked for me.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 24, 2020 10:21 am      Reply with quote
Tonia wrote:
Does anyone have a good source for Emla shipping to the US? I’m almost out, and I can’t find anything. I’ve tried a lot of other numbing creams and they’re so ineffective, I might as well have nothing. Emla is the only thing that has ever worked for me.

I get a prescription for it from my doctor.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 27, 2020 5:18 am      Reply with quote
And yet again , I swear I’m going to keep at it. UGH, I don’t know why I stop. I did a 1.5 Sunday this is Wednesday I followed with Redlight mask, then retinA and cp mix I’m flaking now and my lip lines look pretty good. I’ve got sagging in the jowls so I really went at them and that looks slightly better. I always take before pics to compare. I know this works, I just need to be persistent. I did order Dr.Pen through Groupon. I haven’t got it yet. I want to do 2.5 but I’m scared. Anyone done that? How was heeling ? I’m afraid of infection after, how did you care for your skin?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:58 am      Reply with quote
rmc7 wrote:
And yet again , I swear I’m going to keep at it. UGH, I don’t know why I stop. I did a 1.5 Sunday this is Wednesday I followed with Redlight mask, then retinA and cp mix I’m flaking now and my lip lines look pretty good. I’ve got sagging in the jowls so I really went at them and that looks slightly better. I always take before pics to compare. I know this works, I just need to be persistent. I did order Dr.Pen through Groupon. I haven’t got it yet. I want to do 2.5 but I’m scared. Anyone done that? How was heeling ? I’m afraid of infection after, how did you care for your skin?

I did last night for a few seconds, but switched back down to 1.75. I was trying to make my cheeks bleed, but they never do.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:04 am      Reply with quote
I rolled again this morning, well yesterday morning by my clock. I was very thorough, did my whole face at 1.75 except for my forehead and temples on, which I did on 1. And my nose on 1. I discovered after I was all numbed up that I had not made any hyaluronic acid serum, so I just used water for slip. It seemed to work pretty well.

Anyway, I'm glad that's over. I've been doing it every 6 weeks, 3 sessions now. Not much improvement yet but I know this works so will keep at it. There is some improvement in the lines around my lips, but they're definitely still there.

I hope my needles get here before my next session; they should. I ordered them 2 months ago and I think they said a 90-day wait. Whatever. I wish the cartridges weren't proprietary.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:46 am      Reply with quote
Can anyone help me find cartridges for derminator 1? They have a 60 day delay and I am out!
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
wrinklefreeforever wrote:
Can anyone help me find cartridges for derminator 1? They have a 60 day delay and I am out!

I was trying last week to find them and they're just not available anywhere but owndoc.com.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
I did my lips, chin, jaw and lower cheeks last night. I'll do my forehead, nose and around my eyes probably next weekend. My skin feels so dry and tight, I know I did a good job.

I am finally starting to see some good results in overall firmness. I think adding copper peptide serum helped a lot. I've been diluting it down with hyaluronic acid and using it after needling. I know, you're supposed to hold back on using anything for 24 hours but I dilute it down to almost nothing and it's helped a lot, no problems with hyperpigmentation. The rest of the time, I don't use CP a lot, just the first few days after needling, then I go back to my retinol serum.

I do want to add EGF to my routine at some point. I want to add a vial from Skin Actives to some homemade HA serum. I'll have to get some preservative though since it will be entirely water-based.

Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:35 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone. This is my first ever time on a forum, very excited!! So glad to find a community of good people to discuss these things. And to get honest opinions, not the paid, fake reviews on a products site.(especially amazon reviews)

I have been wanting to get a microneedling pen for a long time, but I always research things in extreme depth before purchasing. I cannot decide between the drpen or the derminator 2.

So I want to use it for pretty severe acne scarring. And I've been comparing the 2 devices for a year. I'm a single mom,and do not have money to waist. Not to mention, I don't want to make my skin worse.

So there are alot of you tube videos on drpen, but not alot on the derminator. It seems that the people that use the drpen at 1.0 or 1.5, get alot of bleeding, but on a couple other forums,people said they only got red with the derminator 2 at 2.25.

It was hard to find reviews on the derminator 2. Before finally finding this,I only found a couple hairloss forums on reddit discussing the derminator 2.

But on that forum, several people had concerns that the derminator 2 did not extend out to the depth it was supposed to. Which made me think it could be why in the videos I mentioned before, they only got red at 2.25 opposed to pin point bleeding at 1.5 with the drpen. A user also posted a video showing the needles coming out in extreme slow motion.(so you could see how far the needles were extending when running)You could clearly see the needles didn't always come out to the same length, and sometimes skipped and didn't come out at all.

Maybe he had a malfunctioning machine. But after seeing that, I decided to go with drpen, but I keep coming back to the derminator. Because it seems like it is superior to the drpen, if it works as it says, and really doesn't cause micro tearing. I always do this,even with purchasing small things, I spent weeks comparing reviews trying to find the best copper peptide to use,along with other products. I've literally spent probably a couple hundred hrs trying to find the right device and products. Crazy, I know, but I always do my research. Especially with things affecting my face.

So has anyone else experienced this?(the needles not extending at correct depth)

Has anyone compaired the drpen and the derminator 2?

Is the motor on the derminator 2 more powerful, and do you know the rpm? The drpen I was going to get goes from 10,000-18,000 rpm.

Also, I've read you can get blacklisted from owndoc just for asking questions about their products. I don't want to spend $200 on the device,and then not be able to get more cartridges just because I had some questions.

I wish I'd found this forum a year ago. Whenever I'd research the derminator, only couple reviews and forums came up. Most of the things were from the owndoc employees and Sarah Vaughtner, which obviously is probably biased since it's her device. The research on the micro tearing was also done by owndoc, not an independent analysis.

That's why I'm counting on your alls help. I just turned 39 last Saturday, and I want to get started on my skin. Would like to order in next couple days. I'm sorry for length of post, but I wanted to get opinions on all my concerns so I can finally make a decision.

Can't wait to discuss this and other things on this forum with you guys. Everyone seems kind, respectful and all around good,honest people. Sooo excited to have people to talk to. Very Happy wave

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there!

I use the Derminator 1. I don't bleed much on my cheeks, but around my mouth I bleed like crazy at a depth of 1.0. This is a good thing! I've never used the Derminator 2 or the Dr. Pen so I cannot speak to them.

The thing about Sarah Vaughter - she is scrupulously honest. I totally trust her. When she was getting into the microneedling pens, she started with one type. Got totally screwed by the vendor and a lto of people ended up with a faulty machine. She refunded every single person, even though it put her in the hole because I don't think she was able to recover her investment in the faulty machines.

You can also get a copper peptide serum from the Owndoc site for like $20, or for a very reasonable price.

Good luck on your microneedling journey!

Singlemom39 wrote:
Hi everyone. This is my first ever time on a forum, very excited!! So glad to find a community of good people to discuss these things. And to get honest opinions, not the paid, fake reviews on a products site.(especially amazon reviews)

I have been wanting to get a microneedling pen for a long time, but I always research things in extreme depth before purchasing. I cannot decide between the drpen or the derminator 2.

So I want to use it for pretty severe acne scarring. And I've been comparing the 2 devices for a year. I'm a single mom,and do not have money to waist. Not to mention, I don't want to make my skin worse.

So there are alot of you tube videos on drpen, but not alot on the derminator. It seems that the people that use the drpen at 1.0 or 1.5, get alot of bleeding, but on a couple other forums,people said they only got red with the derminator 2 at 2.25.

It was hard to find reviews on the derminator 2. Before finally finding this,I only found a couple hairloss forums on reddit discussing the derminator 2.

But on that forum, several people had concerns that the derminator 2 did not extend out to the depth it was supposed to. Which made me think it could be why in the videos I mentioned before, they only got red at 2.25 opposed to pin point bleeding at 1.5 with the drpen. A user also posted a video showing the needles coming out in extreme slow motion.(so you could see how far the needles were extending when running)You could clearly see the needles didn't always come out to the same length, and sometimes skipped and didn't come out at all.

Maybe he had a malfunctioning machine. But after seeing that, I decided to go with drpen, but I keep coming back to the derminator. Because it seems like it is superior to the drpen, if it works as it says, and really doesn't cause micro tearing. I always do this,even with purchasing small things, I spent weeks comparing reviews trying to find the best copper peptide to use,along with other products. I've literally spent probably a couple hundred hrs trying to find the right device and products. Crazy, I know, but I always do my research. Especially with things affecting my face.

So has anyone else experienced this?(the needles not extending at correct depth)

Has anyone compaired the drpen and the derminator 2?

Is the motor on the derminator 2 more powerful, and do you know the rpm? The drpen I was going to get goes from 10,000-18,000 rpm.

Also, I've read you can get blacklisted from owndoc just for asking questions about their products. I don't want to spend $200 on the device,and then not be able to get more cartridges just because I had some questions.

I wish I'd found this forum a year ago. Whenever I'd research the derminator, only couple reviews and forums came up. Most of the things were from the owndoc employees and Sarah Vaughtner, which obviously is probably biased since it's her device. The research on the micro tearing was also done by owndoc, not an independent analysis.

That's why I'm counting on your alls help. I just turned 39 last Saturday, and I want to get started on my skin. Would like to order in next couple days. I'm sorry for length of post, but I wanted to get opinions on all my concerns so I can finally make a decision.

Can't wait to discuss this and other things on this forum with you guys. Everyone seems kind, respectful and all around good,honest people. Sooo excited to have people to talk to. Very Happy wave

Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:56 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Immocolata for your comment about your experience with the derminator 1. From what I can tell with the d1, everyone said it does cause some bleeding, but the d2 everyone says it only caused redness even ay 2.0 or deeper.

Do you know the difference in the machines? I wonder if the motor on the d2 is weaker?

I would like to get the d1 because of the difference in reviews, but it is sold out. I don't know if it will come back in stock or if they are discontinuing it for the d2.

I also can't find anyway to message them with questions. You xan submit a ticket if you're having problems with a product, but not for general information. I really would love to converse with Sarah Vaughtner herself, as I agree, she seems extremely knowledgeable with CIT via microneedling. Does anyone know how I can contact her directly, or the company with questions?

As I said before, this is the first forum I have ever been on. I am not very good at navigating it. How do I post a direct reply to someone like Immocolata did to me? Where their comment will show up in the box. When I clicked on the small paper looking icon above the comment box, it took me to where you can alter things (font, add things etc) and had a post reply spot. But when I hit it, it only let me put in one sentence and started deleting anything after that after I typed it. Again I apologize about my ignorance, technology is not my friend. Lol

Thanks everyone. Have a blessed Sunday and stay safe!! Embarassed Very Happy

Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:21 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |