Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

The Derminator
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Billybob
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone manage to order one from Owndoc? They sold out!

I would be very interested indeed to hear the reviews: especially compared to MyM or the Dermajet (which I loved during the brief period it worked...)
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:21 am      Reply with quote
I tried to buy one a few hours after they went on sale. Apparently, they sold out in the first hour. Hopefully, I can get one when they restock.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:44 am      Reply with quote
Nobody has tried it yet?
Billybob
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
They are still sold out, but I am sure the reviews will start trickling in.

Apparently, Sarah has an issue with our forum. If you scroll down the homepage of the owndoc site, you will see a mean little message about our site.

I feel she is being unjust, she seems to be suggesting it was the EDS shop that was paying for plugs. From what I could ascertain the EDS shop was NOT responsible in any way. Obviously, however, some of the popular posters on this site were offered incentives to plug products on a daily basis. Prior to this, some of these members had been the backbone of this site and well respected: they were knowledgeable and informative. Sadly, they managed to sully the spirit of this forum. Probably the situation should have been brought to a halt earlier than it was: however, it was dealt with some time ago.

Occasionally it does appear that a member might be over plugging a product: recently a lot of posts from one member regarding Eminence springs to mind. Would it be possible for the moderators to gather all those under one title?

I bought the Dermajet and appreciated it for the short time it actually worked. I am really keen to try the Derminator too, but am unhappy that Ms. Vaughter feels compelled to paste negative information about EDS. There are many potential buyers of her product on this forum, but displaying ill-will rather sours the desire to buy any of her products.
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
I managed to purchase a Derminator a week ago. I will post again when I get to try it. The price has gone up $50.00 since I purchased it.
Beehive
5% products discount

Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
Oh bollocks on the new price! I've been checking every few days and the price was 199 a few days ago. I've never seen it in stock either. So it must be selling well.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:03 am      Reply with quote
Too bad the site does not send any notifications on when it will be available.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:08 am      Reply with quote
It is available now ( October 20, 2014) US and European plugs are available.

http://shop.owndoc.com/product-list.php?Derminator-pg1-cid61.html

I have just bought one! Finally.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:40 am      Reply with quote
I was going to buy one but they were sold out on payday, and I spent most of the money on other things. But since then, I've watched a demo video and it's so LOUD. I also don't like the shape of it. I want one shaped like a pen, although I suppose I could get used to it.

I'll wait for reviews. If people say that there is a significant difference in pain levels, then I might plunk down the bucks. Until then, my plans are still to buy the ebay knockoff.

Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:12 am      Reply with quote
I received my Derminator with eu-plug, and tried it on for the first time yesterday. I started with 0,25 mm on low setting.

But odd was that I bled from using 0,25mm! And quite much actually...I don't know if it is because I eat a lot of omega3:s or what but in the past when dermarolling with 0,50mm, even then I didn't bleed this much, if at all. So the machine seems really powerful but I am a bit concerned why I bled so much. This Morning I could still se the pricks.

I put on copper&hyarolic cream prior to the treatment and also after.
Does anyone using Dermapen bleed from 0,25mm?
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:20 am      Reply with quote
That doesn't sound good. Maybe your machine is somehow off and not measuring the length correctly?

Was it very loud?

Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:25 am      Reply with quote
No, it wasn't that loud in my opinion, but it did not hurt either (only when I tried on the skin on my upper lip)...Would like to ask owndoc but they do not answer questions, only if its regarding shipping.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:02 am      Reply with quote
They won't answer questions about their product? That sounds like a weird business practice.

Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:13 am      Reply with quote
Well, I searched and registered myself to owndocs forum but unfortunately I can't find any email adress ´where to send questions. (I will have a second look!) Otherwise I must say that the site is really good and I trust the products they sell.Maybe the Derminator is so much stronger than rolling manually...I will continue with it and try a different part (maybe my chest). I must say that all the omegas I eat, can make me prone to bleeding. Also when manually dermarolling myself, I have been quite light with the pressure.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:20 am      Reply with quote
macyjane wrote:
Well, I searched and registered myself to owndocs forum but unfortunately I can't find any email adress ´where to send questions. (I will have a second look!) Otherwise I must say that the site is really good and I trust the products they sell.Maybe the Derminator is so much stronger than rolling manually...I will continue with it and try a different part (maybe my chest). I must say that all the omegas I eat, can make me prone to bleeding. Also when manually dermarolling myself, I have been quite light with the pressure.

As far as I know they have two separate emails: one for answering product related questions, and one for shipping inquiries.

But you should not bleed from 0.25 mm needles regardless if you take your omegas or not.
ImaGuy

Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:15 am      Reply with quote
I registered here just to converse about the Derminator and automated micro-needling in general.

I bought and received a Derminator, US plug. I tried it out yesterday at the settings of: 9 needle cartridge at 0.75 mm and high speed.

It worked well, imo. Just know I have never had a professional automated micro-needling treatment. I did bleed, especially from my forehead, but altogether the whole thing was quick and very little pain.

In retrospect, the high speed was probably a mistake. I used the automated timer method and I don't think I covered every area equally or with precision. So, I'll be moving down the speed to medium.

Afterwards I was red but I used the infodalin [sp] ointment and am no longer red less than 24 hours afterwards, just slightly flushed. I am a little "puffy" in my cheeks but I don't anyone can tell. My skin is tighter and smoother but this is to be expected as has been less than a day.

I used hyloronic [sp] serum during and applied a generic retin a afterwards (for 30 minutes only then washed and applied the infodalin).

The entire experience with the device took less than five minutes, again, due to the high speed.

I tried both the 9 needle and single needle on my arm and leg before I went on to try them on my face. Good thing. The single needle left red spots, then broke. I will not use the single needle on my face.

Aside from that, I'm looking forward to chatting about automated micro-needling, especially with people who have had it professionally done. I'm looking for needle length, interval between procedures, and serums and creams experiences.

Overall, for $200 (or $250 now) I think it was worth it. Consider that doctors charge up to 3-4 times that for one session and that session is usually performed by a technician.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:40 am      Reply with quote
ImaGuy, you used Retin A after a 0.75 mm needling?! Wow, did you skin peel the next day?

Where does everyone get their HA serum??
ImaGuy

Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
ImaGuy, you used Retin A after a 0.75 mm needling?! Wow, did you skin peel the next day?

Where does everyone get their HA serum??

Sure, microneedling in combination with ret-a is very effective for skin remodeling - that's not "online hype" but actual scientific fact.

Here's a published medical study for the treatment of acne scars using a dermaroller and ret-a in combination with tca peels and subcision:

I am not allowed to post a link Sad just google tretinoin cream and dermaroller, you find the study it's titled: Combination therapy in the management of atrophic acne scars

So, no, my skin has not fallen off, yet (lol).
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
I do not doubt it can be effective. But I do doubt my skin can handle it without completely falling off)

ImaGuy wrote:

Sure, microneedling in combination with ret-a is very effective for skin remodeling - that's not "online hype" but actual scientific fact.

Here's a published medical study for the treatment of acne scars using a dermaroller and ret-a in combination with tca peels and subcision:

I am not allowed to post a link Sad just google tretinoin cream and dermaroller, you find the study it's titled: Combination therapy in the management of atrophic acne scars

felixia
5% products discount

Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
ImaGuy wrote:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3996784/

There's the link. Nice article and great photos (results section). I see the study used 0.05 tretinoin both before and after needling (1.5mm) plus subcision & 15% TCA. I'm a big fan of needling and peels used in combination (time-spaced) and I also use either retin-A or liposomal A after both of them (also low-level ascorbic acid, tranexamic acid and glutathione as one of the massive plusses of needling for me is the product penetration for skin brighteners).

I'm set to do a 1.5mm Derminator procedure tonight (using anaesthetic cream) but might take it down to 1.0mm depending on the blood. I normaly bleed quite a bit on 1.5 roller or large stamp, but like macyjane, I got a even got a little pinpoint on 0.25mm/High a few nights ago with the Derminator.

I don't think this is a problem personally; a small head (stamp) always goes deeper for me than a roller and the high setting is a bit "jackhammer" - this is a very powerful device. In the instructions, Sarah recommends taking things on slow/medium setting to begin and using shorter needle length than you'd normally use while getting into it, maybe this is why.

Really happy with this purchase so far.
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:14 pm      Reply with quote
I received my Derminator yesterday. I will be testing on my body first, just to be safe.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
I have used the Derminator today on my hands, and I must say that my first impressions are very positive!

It is relatively quiet (less loud than the DermaJet for sure), and very convenient to use.

It is really simple to use and the design is very neat. I hope it will serve me a long time!

I have not used the Countdown timer for the Timer wizard yet. It sounds like a very useful feature as it lets you specify the desired prick density.

I wish Sarah would create more videos on how to use it because I do not really understand how to use in circular motions. Most YouTube videos show Doctors using a DermaPen in straight motions.
felixia
5% products discount

Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:15 pm      Reply with quote
I also really like it. Didn't have the DermaJet (was about to order when it got pulled) but the noise also doesn't bother me.

The countdown timer is helpful to me for getting the hang of appropriate speed v coverage..."fast" setting is very, very fast so it's easy to over-needle especially if concentrating on technique unless there's a timer.

The circular motion thing - I simply do little circles a couple cm diameter so long overlapping spirals.

Loved using the single needle on forehead lines - very intensive but incredibly easy to do.

Really nice product for me.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:53 am      Reply with quote
This is how my hand looks the next morning. The pricks are very visible(

Wow, posting a pic on this forum is a real pain Rolling Eyes
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
If you are interested in a more thorough review of the Derminator, please follow this link:

http://skincare.boards.net/thread/1549/derminator
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:25 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |