Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

The Derminator

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Beehive
5% products discount

Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:59 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
We apologize for this, and it is on the record that if your machine ever breaks, even if it's ten years from now, we'll send you a new one free of charge.

Wow, that's awesome! Unheard of in this day and age of planned obsolescence. Smile
rmc7
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:08 am      Reply with quote
Darn Postoffice! I actually contacted my congressman a few years ago. My new mail carrier couldn't read! All of our neighbors were getting the wrong mail or none at all and so were we. Our congressman told us the Postoffice cannot discriminate against the illiterate !! D u h!!
The DERMINATOR is such a wonderful and effective product I hope you all get yours soon, you won't regret the wait. I've Dermarolled for years, bought a MyM then moved up to Derminator nothing else compares . I love it! I'm so appreciative of OwnDoc for bring a product of this caliber and affordability to the average user.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:48 am      Reply with quote
Here's another video that demonstrates a circular motion. It's not the derminator but I think it's a good example. Starts at 3:39 -

http://youtu.be/81hjGB2GNIo?t=3m39s

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:53 am      Reply with quote
Immacolata wrote:
Here's another video that demonstrates a circular motion. It's not the derminator but I think it's a good example. Starts at 3:39 -

http://youtu.be/81hjGB2GNIo?t=3m39s

Thanks Immacolata - Just got my Derminator in the mail so will do a trial run tonight. Glad to see the video!

Dry skin but not many wrinkles; 50s and Asian; Topicals: Vit C, tretinoin, hydroquinone & azaleic acid for melasma; Likes: SK-II, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, Skinceuticals, Obagi, P50, Sunday Riley, Hada Labo, facial oils
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:52 pm      Reply with quote
Found another video. I was looking for a single-needle micro needling demo, not really expecting to find one but I did! She's using some pen that costs out the wazoo and looks bulky, but I feel more confident about trying single needling with the Derminator now after watching it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLOWul8eBA8

Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:28 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone! I'm new here. I'm thinking about purchasing the Derminator, but am concerned about the red dots left behind (bleeding under the skin?) that I noticed in some comments and pictures. This doesn't look like a good sign, but I'm not sure. Anyone?
Sosiness

Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:44 am      Reply with quote
Also concerned as to why the derminator causes more bleeding. Perhaps because it causes more damage to the skin?
denisiel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:19 am      Reply with quote
Immacolata wrote:
Found another video. I was looking for a single-needle micro needling demo, not really expecting to find one but I did! She's using some pen that costs out the wazoo and looks bulky, but I feel more confident about trying single needling with the Derminator now after watching it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLOWul8eBA8

Thanks Immacolata - do you think her technique is correct with the back and forth without lifting the needles after each swipe? OwnDoc says not do that but I am not sure about the Derminator single needling technique.

I also wanted to ask where you buy your HA.

Dry skin but not many wrinkles; 50s and Asian; Topicals: Vit C, tretinoin, hydroquinone & azaleic acid for melasma; Likes: SK-II, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, Skinceuticals, Obagi, P50, Sunday Riley, Hada Labo, facial oils
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
I think I bought it from makingcosmetics.com on Amazon the first time, and I just bought more from Lotion Crafter, along with some preservative so I could make a larger quantity of serum to use every day.

I'm going to do two swipes for each line, but I'm going to move the needle over a teeny tiny tad, so I get each side of the line.

I am waiting on delivery of some Proderma makeup (meant for after treatment) then I'm going to do a more vigorous session.

Some brave micro needler with a Derminator and a web cam needs to do a demo video! And it won't be me! LOL

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
Sosiness wrote:
Hi everyone! I'm new here. I'm thinking about purchasing the Derminator, but am concerned about the red dots left behind (bleeding under the skin?) that I noticed in some comments and pictures. This doesn't look like a good sign, but I'm not sure. Anyone?

I don't know that it's a problem. I think that the Derminator, unlike manual micro needling, does appear to cause more injury but it's the kind of micro-injury that you want.

Sosiness wrote:
Also concerned as to why the derminator causes more bleeding. Perhaps because it causes more damage to the skin?

I believe that the Derminator causes more bleeding than manual because with manual needling, it's hard to get yourself to push hard enough so the needles penetrate to their full depth. The Derminator takes that decision out of your hands, and penetrates to the true depth that you choose. Hope that makes sense.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
Very well stated immacolata ! And thanks for posting the single needle video. Omg, I love my Derminator ...LOL !!

I'm going to look into that makeup. I'm so afraid to put makeup on for days afterward.

5% products discount

Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
Sosiness wrote:

I get the red dots thing, on 1.0mm and 1.5mm treatments. Can minimise through extending shower time after, also through red LED, also by serum with tranexamic acid which reduces bleeding (and does a great job on skin lightening).

To be fair, I pulp myself with this thing when I go to that depth and I bleed like a pig both superficially and deeper level so I expect this to continue for a while, including after the channels have closed on the surface.

I only do that depth once a month/5 weeks on a Friday night when I can lie low over the weekend because it's not practical for me to go our in public for a day or so. Skin seems a bit rough still but perfectly workable by Monday, using a bit of Dermablend cover crème as concealer if required.

Personally, I see the red dots as an indication of bleeding in the deeper layers which is exactly what I want for my skin goals of tightening and increasing deeper layer cell turnover.
felixia
5% products discount

Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
Immacolata wrote:

I'm going to do two swipes for each line, but I'm going to move the needle over a teeny tiny tad, so I get each side of the line.

In case it helps, I use single needling on forehead lines. I guess it works over time as I no longer have any makeup settling in them (had derminator since first launched and treat them with 1.0 / 1.5 approximately monthly).

I stroke maybe 4 times, slowly (on fast speed setting)ensuring the needle is perpendicular to the time (so needle hits straight down). Only in the exact line itself as this is the only place I want that build up.

Vaguely remember the owndoc guide saying 1.5 needed for forehead lines and this is why I use this length. The downside is I look like something out of a horror movie afterwards - all the lines I do are kind of tattoo-ed in blood Bad Grin and I can't even look at myself in the mirror. If I do it of Friday then I'm using concealer on those lines until at least the Tuesday.

Totally worth it for me

Razz
denisiel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:47 pm      Reply with quote
Immacolata wrote:
I think I bought it from makingcosmetics.com on Amazon the first time, and I just bought more from Lotion Crafter, along with some preservative so I could make a larger quantity of serum to use every day.

May I ask which Hyaluronic Acid do you use: LMW, SLMW and ULMW?

I am going to single needle my nasal labial folds when I get the time to heal.

Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know. I don't think it was low molecular weight because it would have said so...whatever that and any cosmetic ingredients company has should be okay to use, I would think.

On your NL folds, you might also try facial exercise. The folds are caused by sagging muscle as well as skin, so it can really help. Because I do Ageless If You Dare, at almost 60 I do not have NL folds. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Immacolata! Did you already change the 9-needle cartridge? I can't figure out how many times we can use a cartridge - read someone said to change every time. I am only doing .25 mm every few days and will try a .5 next week.

I have a few pinpoint bleeding spots even with .25 mm and it hurts, amazed some people can do 1.0 mm with no painkiller or bleeding.

For the NL folds, the temporary swelling from the PP rolls helps! I am going to try the Pico Toner on that area as well.

Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
I still haven't done a second session, and the first I only did around my lips. I was waiting until the Proderma makeup that I had ordered got here.

It's really nice foundation, BTW. I use a brush and it covers well but feels light. I just needed a very thin layer.

Here's what the manual says about cartridges:

Quote:
The needles will become blunt after a certain time, depending on how often you treat, needling frequency, how large the treated skin areas are, how many times you go over the skin and how tough and thick the skin is (male skin is thicker than female skin). Scar tissue is harder than ordinary skin, facial skin is soft and thin, etc.

A cartridge can nearly always be used more than once. When you feel more pain than when the cartridge was new or when the machine has trouble keeping proper needling depth, it’s time to replace it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:21 am      Reply with quote
I used my derminator today and used the single needle on my wrinkle lines using the information I gained from the video posted by Immaculata. It worked wonderfully. I made enough swipes to make a nice red line. I used Collagen Serum from Skinactives immediately afterward. I hope it doesn't have anything that I shouldn't have use in it. This is the description from the Skinactives site:

New actives in the Collagen Serum

Thioredoxin

Thioredoxins are proteins that act as antioxidants by facilitating the reduction of other proteins by cysteine thiol-disulfide exchange. Thioredoxins are found in nearly all known organisms and are essential for life in mammals.
This is an enzyme I became familiar with in my days as a plant biochemist, long before Wikipedia (or the internet, for that matter) was invented. Thioredoxin is "everywhere", including the regulation of the most abundant protein on earth, Rubisco (the enzyme that "fixes" carbon dioxide, making life possible for every plant and animal, including us).
Thioredoxin will make sure that the chain of events keeping proteins in their "right" reduction state is kept well oiled. Or, in other words, thioredoxin will facilitate the reduction of your skin proteins by cysteine (in a disulfide bond|thiol-disulfide exchange).

The Trx (thioredoxin) and Grx (glutaredoxin) systems control cellular redox potential, keeping a reducing thiol-rich intracellular state, which on generation of reactive oxygen species signals through thiol redox control mechanisms.

Figure. Ribbon model of thioredoxin.

Note: Thioredoxin is in the ingredient list for Cosmedix Affirm and in RX UV recovery.

Glutathione (gamma-L-Glutamyl-L-cysteinyl-glycine)

L-Glutathione (a.k.a. gamma-L-Glutamyl-L-cysteinyl-glycine) is a tripeptide composed of the amino acids L-glutamine, L-cysteine and glycine. Glutathione is a crucial element in the antioxidant defense system of the cell, together with superoxide dismutase, catalase, alpha-D-tocopherol (vitamin E), ascorbic acid (vitamin C), etc. All of these antioxidants are required to defend the cell (and the skin) from the powerful, destructive oxidants formed during the course of metabolism; such as superoxide, hydrogen peroxide, peroxyl oxides, and hydroxyl radicals. The role of glutathione is fundamental, and impairment of the glutathione system results in damage to the cell membrane and death of the cells.

L-glutathione is part of the natural armamentarium our body has to protect our skin from the reactive oxygen species that attack our skin on a continuous basis and that are largely responsible for photoaging. The problem is that there are never enough of these endogenous warriors to go around, especially not after some time in the sun. But having gluthatione around protects ascorbic acid (vitamin C), required for the synthesis of collagen and other skin constituents. For many reasons, it is a good idea to supplement endogenous glutathione with some applied topically. Glutathione, like ascorbic acid, is water soluble, a good counterpart to another antioxidant, vitamin E, which is oil soluble.

It is worth noting that the lightening activity on skin shown by hydrocoumarins and beta-tocopherol is through the induction of the synthesis of glutathione. It has been shown that the presence of glutathione can inhibit cell death induced by hydrogen peroxide, a powerful oxidant formed during UV irradiation. One of the effects of green tea on skin is to ameliorate, to some extent, the decrease in glutathione caused by UV irradiation. Glutathione is lower in photoaged and normally aged skin. Although skin aging is clearly a multifactorial process, data indicates that the concentration of intracellular glutathione is very important, and that depletion of this concentration may play a significant role in the progression of cellular aging in human skin.

Figure. Glutathione

Glycerol
Glycerol (or glycerine, glycerin) has three hydroxyl groups that are responsible for its high solubility in water and its hygroscopic nature. The glycerol backbone is central to all lipids known as triglycerides. Glycerol is widely used in pharmaceutical formulations and cosmetics for its good emollient and humectant properties. It is also nontoxic and non-irritating. By improving water content of the skin, glycerol helps repair the impaired skin barrier. Lotions and serums containing glycerol could help constitutive skin dehydration like ichthyosis and dry skin caused by seasonal cold, dry weather and air conditioning.

Actives in all our versions of Collagen Serum
• Magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, a stable form of vitamin C, a vitamin necessary to synthesize collagen in the step of hydroxylation of amino acid proline. Scurvy, a syndrome of vitamin C deficiency, is related to defective collagen synthesis.
• L-carnosine prevents cross-linking of collagen, one of the causes of wrinkles and loss of elasticity brought about by aging and exposure to UV (sunlight).
• Natural active peptides are collagen peptides obtained by hydrolysis of fish collagen. They will supply your skin with amino acids that will be used in collagen synthesis. This is one of the few animal derived actives we have; plants don’t make collagen, so “phytocollagen” (a marketing invention) does not exist.
• Boswellia serrata promotes collagen synthesis and is also an inhibitor of elastase (protease) and hyaluronidase (breaks down hyaluronic acid), a real life preserver for the dermal matrix.
• Centella asiatica stimulates scar maturation by increasing synthesis of type I collagen.
• N-acetyl glucosamine increases collagen synthesis. It's one of the subunits (the other is made of D-glucuronic acid) that makes up hyaluronic acid, the glycosaminoglycan that makes up the extracellular matrix (“ground substance”) of the dermis where elastin and collagen are.
• Betulinic acid (from the bark of Betula alba) stimulates collagen synthesis and inhibits the enzyme elastase to prevent the loss of elastic fibers responsible for skin suppleness.
• Green tea Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) is an antioxidant that prevents collagen glycation, and prevents UV caused cancerous and non-cancerous skin tumors.
• Hyaluronic acid is made of long chains of N-acetyl-D-glucosamine alternating with glucuronic acid. It stabilizes the intercellular space, particularly in connective tissue.
• Niacinamide (vitamin B3) benefits skin color, decreases melanin synthesis (important for hyperpigmentation), inflammation, itching (pruritus), UV-induced skin cancers, and prevents immunosuppression by UV irradiation. By increasing NADPH, the donor of reducing power in cell biosynthesis, niacinamide will increase synthesis of collagen, involucrin, filaggrin, and keratin.
• Epidermal growth factor (EGF) increases protein synthesis, accelerates healing, and increases the rate of skin renewal of aging skin.
• Sodium PCA. This derivative of glutamic acid is very hygroscopic. It is naturally produced by our bodies and is one of the components of "natural moisturizing factor," which our skin produces to slow down water loss to the environment.
• Sea kelp bioferment provides minerals, polysaccharides, and fucoxanthin. Minerals like iodine, copper, molybdate, and magnesium are required as cofactors in enzymatic reactions of lipid metabolism and energy conversion. Polysaccharides like fucoidan are shown to increase collagen synthesis. Fucoxanthin is a pigment unique to brown algae, which protects skin from UV caused aging.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
Awesome! I think I'll do mine tonight. For some reason, I feel like I have to finish my spring cleaning before I do another session, I'm so weird. But I'll be finished with it today so will probably do it tonight. Smile

Thanks, Mary Claire! (great name, btw)

Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:48 am      Reply with quote
I bought several items from owndoc and this time I am having a delay issue as well. I have been researching about USPS delay and found this from royalmail dot com :

-----------
North America (USA and Canada)
USA
Start date: 17th February 2015
End date: Ongoing
A number of factors have resulted in delays to mail processing at JFK, New York, these are: A change of Ground Handling Services for one of the airlines has caused a build up of mail. Continuing severe weather conditions along with a significant increase in mail volumes from China ahead of the Chinese New Year, has resulted in delays of at least 24 hours.
The USPS is working on processing the inbound mail volumes as quickly as possible, and has put a 24 hour operation in place to support this, as well as working with US Customs to find ways of speeding up the flow through.
Update: 18th March 2015
The weather has not improved and USPS is continuing to work on resolving remaining mail handover issues with the new ground-handling company now used by many other Posts’ airlines.
Throughout the period, the JFK mail hub has been accepting and processing all the mail it receives and USPS continues to deliver mail to all areas despite the bad weather impacting on normal services.
USPS continue to work on processing the inbound mail volumes as quickly as possible.
----------

I do not know if this is really what's going on over eastern states. I hope that the weather gets nicer and I get my shipment soon.
lapatria100

Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
Ordered mine February 1

This is how it currently looks

Product & Tracking Information
Postal Product:
Extra Svc:
Registered Mail™
DATE & TIME
STATUS OF ITEM
Processed Through Sort Facility
ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)
Your item has been processed through our sort facility in ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) at 2:33 am on March 17, 2015.
Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:17 am      Reply with quote
I ordered mine 1/27 and it shipped 1/29 and still have not recd. it. But I have ordered many things that have arrived from overseas since then without excessive delay so it does not make sense.
I am trying to get into a better routine of needling at least every 3 months overall. I am currently working on an old scar in between that had a hyper keloid on my chin area. I am going to aggressively attack it and let it heal in between to see if it works!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:00 am      Reply with quote
Annie,

2 months......my god!

I can feel it.....

I received mine in 8 days.
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
I just got mine on Saturday, after waiting 8 long weeks! Goodness gracious, slowest USPS ever. As luck would have it, I can't use it because
I am going for rhinoplasty/septoplasty surgery in the morning. Deviated septum and a wee bit of a suspicious spot on the side of my nose that could be basal cell carcinoma. I will wait till I feel a bit better and use it on my hands, neck, and stomach for those old stretchmarks.

P.S. I am super excited for my surgery and now excited I have my Derminator. Smile

Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
WhiteWolf wrote:
I just got mine on Saturday, after waiting 8 long weeks! Goodness gracious, slowest USPS ever. As luck would have it, I can't use it because
I am going for rhinoplasty/septoplasty surgery in the morning. Deviated septum and a wee bit of a suspicious spot on the side of my nose that could be basal cell carcinoma. I will wait till I feel a bit better and use it on my hands, neck, and stomach for those old stretchmarks.

P.S. I am super excited for my surgery and now excited I have my Derminator. Smile

How do your status updates look? I'm getting subcision done on wednesday for acne scars and planned on using it the day after.. Initially it was scheduled for March 10 but postponed it for 2 weeks..i can't post pone it anymore as I already asked for 2 week vacation time from job. ugh.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:22 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber De-Tox Hydrating Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Payot Techni Liss First First Wrinkles Smoothing Care (50 ml / 1.6 floz) Orlane Oligo Hypoallergenique Cleanser Lotion Duo (2 items)