Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

The Derminator
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 22, 2015 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
I have had professional Dermapen treatments done, and I own the Derminator. I can say that the latter is more cruel than the former. With the Derminator, I bleed and I get a lot of pinpoint dots after.
Elvisshops
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 22, 2015 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
Immacolata wrote:
OK, made a very close inspection of my mouth in the mirror. WOW - after 3 treatments in 3 months (getting ready to do the 4th treatment tonight) the lines around my lips are visibly smaller and shorter. They are still there, but don't look as deep as before, they are much finer and like I said, shorter. The upper lip is much better than the lower, but I've been concentrating most of my efforts there because that's where the lines are the worst.

I still have a ways to go before I completely vanquish them but I am certain I can with my Derminator.

So happy with this little machine! I can honestly say this is the best purchase I've made in years, beauty/gadget wise.

Sounds like you're getting great results! Thanks.
Elvisshops
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 22, 2015 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
I have had professional Dermapen treatments done, and I own the Derminator. I can say that the latter is more cruel than the former. With the Derminator, I bleed and I get a lot of pinpoint dots after.

Are there other non-professional systems that provide good results besides the Derminator and that are less "cruel"? My skin gets red easily. I would probably have dots for days.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 23, 2015 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
Elvisshops wrote:

Are there other non-professional systems that provide good results besides the Derminator and that are less "cruel"? My skin gets red easily. I would probably have dots for days.

Some forum members had success with using the MyM pen from Ebay.

For example, something like this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Electric-Auto-Derma-Micro-Needle-Stamp-0-25MM-2-0MM-Adjustable-10-Needles-csd-/121237454071?pt=US_Skin_Care&hash=item1c3a50bcf7
Elvisshops
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 23, 2015 11:50 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
Elvisshops wrote:

Some forum members had success with using the MyM pen from Ebay.

For example, something like this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Electric-Auto-Derma-Micro-Needle-Stamp-0-25MM-2-0MM-Adjustable-10-Needles-csd-/121237454071?pt=US_Skin_Care&hash=item1c3a50bcf7

Thanks. I will take a look.
Elvisshops
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 24, 2015 12:00 am      Reply with quote
How does at-home microneedling compare to professional microneedling in terms of results? I looked at some videos on YouTube and, frankly, it looks a bit scary. I don't know if I could inflict that kind of injury upon myself.

Also my skin is very sensitive to manual things done to it, such as microderm, but it is not bothered at all by topical treatments. Applying retin a .1%, for example, is like putting water on my face.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 24, 2015 2:37 am      Reply with quote
You'll get the same results. The differences are that 1) You're handling the needling yourself, and 2) It's much, much cheaper to do it at home.

I would suggest that you bite the bullet and order the Derminator. I haven't had any problems at all with dots of blood; although I do bleed when needling, you're supposed to.

I know that Russian Sunshine has some issues with it but most of the people I have seen online who have one are very happy with it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 24, 2015 8:51 am      Reply with quote
"If you don't bleed, you won't get the results and that is the part that most people aren't willing to do!" said Dr Fernandes, who published “Minimally invasive percutaneous collagen induction” in the 2006 edition of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgical Clinics of North America.

www.mtsroller.com/timeless-skin/

With professional DermaPen treatments I have never bled. With the Derminator I do (not much though). Also, the Derminator is more painful.

The other downside of using the Derminator is that I can't go outside for at least two days without looking scary. But if according to Dr F, the more injury we cause the better, than in theory the Derminator should be more effective.
Pandax12
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 24, 2015 10:36 am      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
"If you don't bleed, you won't get the results and that is the part that most people aren't willing to do!" said Dr Fernandes, who published “Minimally invasive percutaneous collagen induction” in the 2006 edition of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgical Clinics of North America.

www.mtsroller.com/timeless-skin/

With professional DermaPen treatments I have never bled. With the Derminator I do (not much though). Also, the Derminator is more painful.

The other downside of using the Derminator is that I can't go outside for at least two days without looking scary. But if according to Dr F, the more injury we cause the better, than in theory the Derminator should be more effective.

He is also known for his use of 3.0mm rollers and no doubt their will be much bleeding. Thank god research since then has shown much smaller needles are still quite effective with little and sometimes no blood invloved.
Elvisshops
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 24, 2015 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
Is two days the normal "look scary" time period? One of the videos for a professional treatment said you would look ok the next day. I have to walk my dog four times a day and go to work. I really don't want to explain why I look frightening once or twice a month. Shock

I am toying with the idea of the derminator. I see from the website that fewer than 100 will be available on May 27.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 24, 2015 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
It's really not that bad. It looks like a sunburn. If you do your treatment at night, then it has all night to calm down a little.

There are several brands of makeup, like Lycogel, that are made for post-procedure skin. I had one of the cheaper brands, which I can't even remember the name, and really hated it. Weird, at first I liked it but after that I hated the texture, the way it looked, felt, everything.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 24, 2015 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
After a professional treatment I look like a had a sunburn for 2 days. After the Derminator I look like I have been physically abused:)
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 24, 2015 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
That's what my hand looked like for 3 days after a 1.5 mm Derminator treatment. I used the 0.5 mm needles on my face & it looked pretty bad as well, with quite a few of those dots around my whole face. My forehead looked the worst. I will take pictures next time.

For more pictures, check: http://skincare.boards.net/thread/1549/derminator
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 24, 2015 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
That's what my forehead looked like after the 1.5 mm DermaJet treatment in 3 days. As you can see, my forehead is completely clear. The camera didn't even pick up the tiny red spots left from the treatment.

Below is the image of my forehead on a 2nd day after the 0.5 mm Derminator treatment:

The dots stayed for at least 2-3 days.
Ekbs

Tue May 26, 2015 10:29 pm      Reply with quote
I have had professional microneedling done 2x due to a skin cancer scar that I have on my face. It has drastically improved the appearance of the scar. Now it does hurt after the numbing cream wears off and I am not able to go outside for at least 4 days (I am a redhead with fair sensitive skin). Most people don't have as long of a down time as I have had. Each treatment has cost me $300 and I am looking forward to comparing my treatment with the derminator, which I just ordered. I have been waiting months for this to become available again. I will report back with my results. Again, my scar is so much better and less red after microneedling. I may cancel my upcoming appointment and just see how I do with the derminator. $300 is a lot to pay for a procedure and from what I understand, micro needling needs to be kept up occasionally for the results to last. It does not help for ice picks scars. I have a nose piercing scar and it has not helped that scar at all.

I have a question: What do people recommend I use on my face while I use the derminator? I'm looking for a product recommendation that has been tested and is good for sensitive skin. Thanks! Smile
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 27, 2015 1:09 am      Reply with quote
Well, I have tried to order a uk plug terminator (sorry should be derminater ) today at 8 am, and guess what, ALL SOLD OUT.

Ooops , so because I have such a yearning ( I have waited sooo long) for this device my trigger finger clicked on the eu plug device one Rolling Eyes

So next site, amazon for an eu/uk adapter!!

Hopefully all will work well and I will be poking the next holes in my face with it!!

It will need to a product penetration one though as I have just done fairly intensive 1mm roll about 2 weeks ago.

I am soo looking forward to using this.

Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 27, 2015 1:12 am      Reply with quote
RS, sorry I should have asked this in the earlier post but didn't think of it till too late.

Have you done a shorter roll with this, like .25 or .3mm ?
If you have how did it go.?
Thanks

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 27, 2015 3:28 am      Reply with quote
I woke up this morning and immediately remembered that it was Derminator day. Went right to order and got the last U.S. Derminator in stock! DH will flip when he sees the bill, but so excited about the self torture to come!
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 27, 2015 4:24 am      Reply with quote
Me too , I am so excited as well.
I can't quite believe just how quickly these are selling out, how luckily you were to get that last one!

Let us know when yours arrives and what you are going to do

Good luck Laughing Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 27, 2015 11:10 am      Reply with quote
I purchased the derminator yesterday around 6pm EST. Surprised to find that I was able to purchase one when I logged in...

Late 40's, Currently using AALS, Violet Ray 12/2010. Skincare products; Derma-e peptides plus & hyalorinic acid night cream, Origins; Antioxidant moisturizer with White Tea & Antioxidant cleanser with White Tea. Skin Laboratory Glycolic, Lactic & Salicylic acids. Recently started using 12/2010 Skin Biology's CP serum & TTT.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 27, 2015 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
10Sylvia5 wrote:

Have you done a shorter roll with this, like .25 or .3mm ?
If you have how did it go.?
Thanks

No, not with the Derminator.
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 27, 2015 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Everyone, Where are you buying your Derminator? Thank you.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 27, 2015 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
That sucker is already sold out.
flipper
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 28, 2015 3:01 am      Reply with quote
Mars,
I believe that the Derminator is only sold by Vaughter Wellness (Owndoc.com) who is the developer of this model. As you probably heard, they are sold out, but it looks like they will have more in at some point.
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 28, 2015 6:41 am      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine - I look like that too. I also tend to get blood spots every easily and found that heparin ointment helps with that (gardenpharmacynj is where I bought it from). Now I try to use it on m face when I know I have 0 plans, like a rainy weekend or something. I'm hoping my skin thickens up over time to tolerate it more.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |