Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

The Derminator
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
LizzieG
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:46 am      Reply with quote
I have been using the derminator now for about a month - a few times a week on .25 - I'm new to needling so wanted to be cautious - started on slow and worked up to fast - can't believe how easy and fast it is. I think I'll try a .5 this weekend, at first my face was quite red afterwards but not now. I use the dermal integrity serums afterwards - I get a slight tingling from the vitamin one but it goes away fast
denisiel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:09 am      Reply with quote
Anyone using the Derminator - For a newbie, how often should I use it and how many cartridges would I need for a year supply? Thanks in advance!

Dry skin but not many wrinkles; 50s and Asian; Topicals: Vit C, tretinoin, hydroquinone & azaleic acid for melasma; Likes: SK-II, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, Skinceuticals, Obagi, P50, Sunday Riley, Hada Labo, facial oils
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:15 am      Reply with quote
I was going to get a My-M knock off from ebay but have decided to wait a month or so and get the Derminator. Reviews that I've found are pretty positive, and none that were downright negative. I trust Sarah Vaughter to stand behind the product too.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:06 am      Reply with quote
So I have definitely decided - I am going to bite the bullet and order the Derminator on the 3rd. Hopefully they won't be sold out. My skin has improved so much on Retin-A, and my muscle tone with my Ageless face exercise, but the smoker's lines stand out more against my improved skin. Sad I need to work on those before I do anything else. I feel like my looks will be improved 2000% because aside from some faint hyperpigmentation (which I hope the Derminator will also address) the lines are the only things wrong with my face.

I know it's supposed to be less painful, but I'm still going to order numbing cream. I'm a sissy when it comes to pain!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:40 am      Reply with quote
I'm excited beyond belief!! Mine is bouncing around post offices here in the US , so soon it will reach my delivery station. In my book about dermaneedling the Dr. Says to do a light Dermaroll.25 maybe? I'm away from home , try to go by memory. After light roll apply numbing cream, occlude, and then proceed with needling. I'm going to try that method, I'm a baby , especially around my lips. Big OUCH!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
rmc7 wrote:
I'm excited beyond belief!! Mine is bouncing around post offices here in the US , so soon it will reach my delivery station. In my book about dermaneedling the Dr. Says to do a light Dermaroll.25 maybe? I'm away from home , try to go by memory. After light roll apply numbing cream, occlude, and then proceed with needling. I'm going to try that method, I'm a baby , especially around my lips. Big OUCH!!

That makes sense. I wonder if the .25 hurts around the lips? I'm a baby too!

5% products discount

Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:38 pm      Reply with quote
I find the pain varies massively according to speed setting, which makes sense. Can do 0.25 ok, it's like constant elastic band snapping on my face...not pleasant but doable.

Everything else needs topical anaesthetic for me. I actually find it mre painful than manual dermarollers, probably because needles are going in at full depth and I,m pain-sensitive in general.

Great purchase for me.
denisiel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:01 am      Reply with quote
I would like to try the Derminator but am unclear on what to apply pre and post use. Can anyone please advise which products to order (from Own Doc or other shops)?

Dry skin but not many wrinkles; 50s and Asian; Topicals: Vit C, tretinoin, hydroquinone & azaleic acid for melasma; Likes: SK-II, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, Skinceuticals, Obagi, P50, Sunday Riley, Hada Labo, facial oils
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:18 am      Reply with quote
denisiel wrote:
I would like to try the Derminator but am unclear on what to apply pre and post use. Can anyone please advise which products to order (from Own Doc or other shops)?

I'll be using a DIY hyaluronic serum before, and vitamin C serum after.

I'll also be using a numbing cream but am not sure which one. I'd like to use EMLA but I don't know if my insurance will pay for it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:03 am      Reply with quote
Immacolata wrote:
I'll be using a DIY hyaluronic serum before, and vitamin C serum after.

I'll also be using a numbing cream but am not sure which one. I'd like to use EMLA but I don't know if my insurance will pay for it.

Thanks Immacolata! Will you use LAA vitamin C? Read conflicting opinions on the boards re LAA use post roll. And if it has to be oil based.

Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
Yes. I use 1/4 t. LAA, dissolve it in 1 t. water and add 1/4 t. propylene glycol.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:54 am      Reply with quote
Immacolata, I used the same 2 products. HA, whil I needled, then I mixed LAA powder with HA used that post. I just ordered AnteAge I'm going to try that post next, I need to study the forums to see if I can use it as I needle. I had an issue with my Derminator, the lED display would not light up. I posted to another board and a member described that the display on hers was blue with white letters and easy to read. When I checked the website of OWNDOC that's what they showed. Mine was brown with thin black letters very hard to read but it did work in that it changed speed and needle depth, I just needed a magnifying glass to read it. I reported it to customer service at OwnDoc I recieved instructions from Martina in a very short time that tomorrow , Monday , they are shipping an entire new unit to me, and I'm not to send this back. HOW IS THAT FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE??!! I was impressed!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:24 am      Reply with quote
WOW, that is amazing!

Did you use the machine on your face yet? Details, please! Especially regarding pain - I am the world's biggest baby when it comes to pain...

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:01 am      Reply with quote
Immacolata wrote:
WOW, that is amazing!

Did you use the machine on your face yet? Details, please! Especially regarding pain - I am the world's biggest baby when it comes to pain...

Yes, I did use it Friday night. I loved it. I used Emla, but I think any good numbing cream would work occluded, it's not as painful as other methods or MyM. I did .5 on my face and jawline. .25 on my eyes uppers and lowers and neck. Their was absolutely no pain in my lips when previously I could still feel pain with a roller or the MyM inspite of Emla. Very Happy the cartridge glided easily over the HA and I did not numb my cheeks just to see how painful it would be , and actually it was mildly annoying, not painful. But I will continue to numb the areas that usually make my eyes water only now I will use the cheaper eBay numbing creams! I think you are really going to like it. I didn't worry about the skina area setting or timer because frankly I couldn't see them very well! So I just set the speed at fast at the needle depth and went for it. I stopped the machine to change the needle depth when necessary, but this baby ran about the entire 20 min or so it took me to do my face with heating up, and their was no needle drag.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:55 am      Reply with quote
rmc7 wrote:

Yes, I did use it Friday night. I loved it. I used Emla, but I think any good numbing cream would work occluded, it's not as painful as other methods or MyM. I did .5 on my face and jawline. .25 on my eyes uppers and lowers and neck. Their was absolutely no pain in my lips when previously I could still feel pain with a roller or the MyM inspite of Emla. Very Happy the cartridge glided easily over the HA and I did not numb my cheeks just to see how painful it would be , and actually it was mildly annoying, not painful. But I will continue to numb the areas that usually make my eyes water only now I will use the cheaper eBay numbing creams! I think you are really going to like it. I didn't worry about the skina area setting or timer because frankly I couldn't see them very well! So I just set the speed at fast at the needle depth and went for it. I stopped the machine to change the needle depth when necessary, but this baby ran about the entire 20 min or so it took me to do my face with heating up, and their was no needle drag.

Cool beans! I would definitely need a numbing cream too. I found a place to buy Dr.Numb if my insurance won't pay for EMLA. Thanks!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
Rmc7 - how do you do your eyes? I've heard you can pull the skin down to the brow bone for lower lids but it still doesn't get the bit closer to the eyes and I've no idea how to do the lids - any hints? TIA!
rmc7
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
LizzieG wrote:
Rmc7 - how do you do your eyes? I've heard you can pull the skin down to the brow bone for lower lids but it still doesn't get the bit closer to the eyes and I've no idea how to do the lids - any hints? TIA!

On the upper lids I used .5 pulled up with a stretching motion using my left index finger near the beginning of the brow and the tail of the brow (left eye) lower lid pull down as much as I could to be on bone , reversed the process for my right brow now having my thumb at the start of my brow and the index at the tail. After I completed both uppers and lowers getting as much skin as I could to bone. I reduced the needle depth to .25 and speed to med. and while carefully watching in the mirror lightly got all the spots I missed getting close to my lashes but not on top of them keep in mind you are using needles. I'm going to start Tuesday P.P. With Derminator, I love this machine!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
Immacolata wrote:
Yes. I use 1/4 t. LAA, dissolve it in 1 t. water and add 1/4 t. propylene glycol.

Thanks Immacolata!

rmc7
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:25 am      Reply with quote
Immacolata wrote:
WOW, that is amazing!

Yes, I did use it Friday night. I loved it. I used Emla, but I think any good numbing cream would work occluded, it's not as painful as other methods or MyM. I did .5 on my face and jawline. .25 on my eyes uppers and lowers and neck. Their was absolutely no pain in my lips when previously I could still feel pain with a roller or the MyM inspite of Emla. Very Happy the cartridge glided easily over the HA and I did not numb my cheeks just to see how painful it would be , and actually it was mildly annoying, not painful. But I will continue to numb the areas that usually make my eyes water only now I will use the cheaper eBay numbing creams! I think you are really going to like it. I didn't worry about the skina area setting or timer because frankly I couldn't see them very well! So I just set the speed at fast at the needle depth and went for it. I stopped the I machine to change the needle depth when necessary, but this baby ran about the entire 20 min or so it took me to do my face without heating up, and their was no needle drag.

Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:59 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone been able to compare this to an actual dermapen treatment? I've had several dermapen treatments at a medical spa but they're getting expensive to keep up. I'm seriously considering buying the derminator but have never had any experience with any other needling device aside from the dermapen itself.
feralbyrd

Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
Just wanna say, I bought the Derminator pretty much the second it was available and have genuinely loved it.

I haven't bled at all, except on the highest setting- and even that was very mild; make sure you aren't actually applying too much pressure, I pretty much just keep it in contact with my skin and let the machine to the work.

I ordered several single needles, and the first one I used ended up broken where it attaches to the machine after about 3 uses. Subsequent needles haven't had any damage, and I think I might not have attached the first one all the way. It takes more force than the 9-needle one to get on right.
rmc7
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
feralbyrd wrote:
Just wanna say, I bought the Derminator pretty much the second it was available and have genuinely loved it

How many times have you used your Derminator? And have you noticed any changes yet?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:11 am      Reply with quote
Argh - figuring my budget for this month, there is something I forgot to account for, so I have to wait until Feb. for my Derminator. Sad On the bright side, I'm ordering HA and some fresh LAA, and seeing my doctor this month so I can get numbing cream - so I'll be ready to go the minute I get the Derminator.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:48 am      Reply with quote
rmc7 wrote:
LizzieG wrote:

On the upper lids I used .5 pulled up with a stretching motion using my left index finger near the beginning of the brow and the tail of the brow (left eye) lower lid pull down as much as I could to be on bone , reversed the process for my right brow now having my thumb at the start of my brow and the index at the tail. After I completed both uppers and lowers getting as much skin as I
could to bone. I reduced the needle depth to .25 and speed to med. and while carefully watching in the mirror lightly got all the spots I missed getting close to my lashes but not on top of them keep in mind you are using needles. I'm going to start Tuesday P.P. With Derminator, I love this machine!

Hi rmc7,

can I just ask how often you do your upper eyes? I would love to tighten the skin on the socket line and am hoping this may help,

thanks

Jackie xx
rmc7
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:53 am      Reply with quote
LizzieG wrote:

Hi rmc7,

can I just ask how often you do your upper eyes? I would love to tighten the skin on the socket line and am hoping this may help,

thanks

Jackie xx

This is the first time I've done the uppers. I never dared it with MyM.it was too harsh. This Derminator is very smooth.its really strange how the peeling got progressively worse with my Derminator on all areas. Yesterday I got the AnteAge I used it right away, it was extremely soothing. My DH is going to take close up pictures of my face , I'm 65 and im going to do a diary using only AnteAge , and my emu as a moisturizer to see if it's worth the money over the next 6 months while using my Derminator. This will be tough because I'm a product addict. And im not used to being without esteriol, (I may change my mind on that ) RA, and Diy C.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:02 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |