Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

The Derminator
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
I think what the derminator has over the mym and others is precision (computer controlled, design incorporating the magnet, digital readout, timer, needles that penetrate to true length). The mym and other countless needle pens can for the most part do a decent job but the derminator does it with precision thus creating less pain, taking less time and producing better results faster.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:08 am      Reply with quote
Am I dreaming or is the derminator still in stock the day after going on sale again? Crazy! They're usually gone within 8-10 hours. Well this is good, this will allow them to stock up a little. And I got my state return back so maybe I will order today, ha!
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
I'm sort of toying with the idea of ordering one, quick question, shipping is advertised as free, how come at checkout it's charging me $7.00? Last week when I had in my cart, I made it to check out (didnt order lol) and shipping said $0.00, is there a reason for this?

EDIT: Weird, so before I had it shipping to my work, which is what my billing address is on my CC, but now changed it to my home for shipping and work for billing, and it's free now. Hmm, makes no sense!

Oh, I see it says free shipping to MOST US addresses, that's strange that just 8 miles away its not free anymore, maybe because it's an office building? Either way, strange but not a big deal!
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
EC413 wrote:

Oh, I see it says free shipping to MOST US addresses, that's strange that just 8 miles away its not free anymore, maybe because it's an office building? Either way, strange but not a big deal!

No doubt that is why - because it is a commercial building and not residential.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
I GOT MY DERMINATOR TODAY! I am so excited to try it. Some advice please?

Will ice work as well as a numbing cream, and if not, where can I get some?

Also, looking for a good hyaluronic acid and a vitamin A serum. Any recommendations?

Thanks so much and I will report my results!!
Anne5899
5% products discount

Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:00 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone use a camouflage make up of any kind after treatment with the Derminator? If so, can you please let me know which one?
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:01 am      Reply with quote
Anne5899 wrote:
Does anyone use a camouflage make up of any kind after treatment with the Derminator? If so, can you please let me know which one?

Next day only, mineral based makeup.

I use PC Barely There Tinted moisturizer.
wrinklefreeforever
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:11 pm      Reply with quote
Tonight I did my first dermarolling session. I used 1mm on my face, neck, and chest and 2.5 on my upper inner arms. I am red red red but love it. I used Mad Hippie Hyaluronic acid before and after. I started using ice but then just did it without. A numbing cream would definitely make it more tolerable and I would be able to go with deeper needles.

Does anyone know how to long I can use the same needles before tossing them?

So excited to see what results I get in the coming month!
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:23 am      Reply with quote
Guys, please share what actives you use with derma rolling!

I use fawnie HA serum and/or her Copper Peptide serum.

Any other ideas on what else I can use?

Thank you!
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
Guys, please share what actives you use with derma rolling!

I use fawnie HA serum and/or her Copper Peptide serum.

Any other ideas on what else I can use?

Thank you!

I use homemade HA serum. I'm toying with the idea of getting some microneedling serum I saw on ebay for hyperpigmentation but I'm still concentrating on the area around my mouth.

Tonight I did a very thorough treatment around the mouth. First I used the single needle on individual lines. This was not uncomfortable; I was well numbed with EMLA. But when I switched to the 9 needle cartridge, same depth, it was uncomfortable, but not unbearable. Now that the numbing cream is wearing off my skin feels very tight and tender.

Tomorrow I'll do the rest of my face using a .5 or .75 depth and homemade vitamin C serum after.

I think it's worth the trouble to make your own serums. I make my own vitamin C and HA serums for pennies. But I still want to try some of those serums I saw on ebay, I'll see if I can't find them again...

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
wrinklefreeforever wrote:
Tonight I did my first dermarolling session. I used 1mm on my face, neck, and chest and 2.5 on my upper inner arms. I am red red red but love it. I used Mad Hippie Hyaluronic acid before and after. I started using ice but then just did it without. A numbing cream would definitely make it more tolerable and I would be able to go with deeper needles.

Does anyone know how to long I can use the same needles before tossing them?

So excited to see what results I get in the coming month!

You should see if your doctor will prescribe EMLA, mine did and my insurance paid for it. A lot cheaper than buying it at inhouse pharmacy! If you don't have insurance you can get it filled at Walmart for very cheap. It's worth it, I'm a big baby when it comes to pain!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
Found the serums, or the same type as I saw before. I want to try the tranexamic acid one after using a .75 or 1.0 on my spots. There are lots of different kinds.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Microneedle-Treatment-Serum-Derma-Roller-Stamp-Skincare-10ml-FREE-SHIPPING-/161721659231?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item25a75caf5f

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:01 am      Reply with quote
Immacolata wrote:
Found the serums, or the same type as I saw before. I want to try the tranexamic acid one after using a .75 or 1.0 on my spots. There are lots of different kinds.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Microneedle-Treatment-Serum-Derma-Roller-Stamp-Skincare-10ml-FREE-SHIPPING-/161721659231?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item25a75caf5f

It's too bad that they do not disclose the exact ingredients!

There are lot of them sold on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271621754956?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&var=570458432830&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261399037442?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&var=560319438406&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Sour Grapes

Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:07 am      Reply with quote
Hello everyone. I've been lurking around like a complete creep for months, but now that I finally got my Derminator I have decided to join the discussion.

So far I have needled twice: last week I used 1.5mm single needle (medium speed) on a couple of scars(I used less depth on my nose scar) and on my horizontal forehead lines. That went rather well. The pain level was tolerable and even though there was a fair amount of bleeding, the scabs did not last long and were easy to cover with a bit of concealer.

Today I decided to repeat last week's success with a shallow needling of my whole face with a 9-needle cartridge (at just 0.25mm depth). It hurt like hell =((( I never thought I was such a wuss, but I could barely handle the pain on my forehead. I really wanted to work on my eyelids, but I just couldn't do it. Does anyone have recommendations for a numbing cream that is not as ridiculously expensive as Emla?
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
Sour Grapes wrote:
Hello everyone. I've been lurking around like a complete creep for months, but now that I finally got my Derminator I have decided to join the discussion.

So far I have needled twice: last week I used 1.5mm single needle (medium speed) on a couple of scars(I used less depth on my nose scar) and on my horizontal forehead lines. That went rather well. The pain level was tolerable and even though there was a fair amount of bleeding, the scabs did not last long and were easy to cover with a bit of concealer.

Today I decided to repeat last week's success with a shallow needling of my whole face with a 9-needle cartridge (at just 0.25mm depth). It hurt like hell =((( I never thought I was such a wuss, but I could barely handle the pain on my forehead. I really wanted to work on my eyelids, but I just couldn't do it. Does anyone have recommendations for a numbing cream that is not as ridiculously expensive as Emla?

There's one called Dr. Numb but I'm not sure they make it any more. 4% is the strongest cream you can buy without a prescription. I would just search for "tattoo numbing cream" on Amazon.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
Immacolata how do you make your homemade vitamin c and hyaluronic acid serums? Also, can you make your own vitamin A serum as well?
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
Immacolata how do you make your homemade vitamin c and hyaluronic acid serums? Also, can you make your own vitamin A serum as well?

Vitamin C:

1/4 tsp. Vitamin C (LAA)
1/4 tsp. propylene glycol
2 tsp. distilled water

Keep in fridge - this is more than enough for a few days but use it lavishly as it does not contain a preservative.

For the HA serum, I put distilled water in a shot glass, put about 1/4 tsp. of HA on top of it, cover it with plastic wrap and put it in the fridge. It's good to go in a few hours. Again, make it on the same day that you needle and use it up quickly as there is no preservative.

I don't know about vitamin A serum, but look in the DIY section for recipes - there are a ton of them for everything under the sun. I'm sure there's a vitamin A serum in there somewhere! Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
Wow! Thank you!

Immacolata wrote:

Vitamin C:

1/4 tsp. Vitamin C (LAA)
1/4 tsp. propylene glycol
2 tsp. distilled water

Keep in fridge - this is more than enough for a few days but use it lavishly as it does not contain a preservative.

For the HA serum, I put distilled water in a shot glass, put about 1/4 tsp. of HA on top of it, cover it with plastic wrap and put it in the fridge. It's good to go in a few hours. Again, make it on the same day that you needle and use it up quickly as there is no preservative.

I don't know about vitamin A serum, but look in the DIY section for recipes - there are a ton of them for everything under the sun. I'm sure there's a vitamin A serum in there somewhere! Smile
wrinklefreeforever
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much! What is LAA? And where would I find the vitamin A and hyaluronic acid?
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much! What is LAA? And where would I find the vitamin A and hyaluronic acid?

It's l-ascorbic acid, the form of vitamin C you should use. I'm not sure about the vitamin A but you can find the HA at online places like makingcosmetics.com or lotioncrafters.com - there are more than a few of these places, and the ingredients that I use a really cheap off the board. You can find all of it at Amazon.com too, just use the search.

I want to stress again that you should make these fresh if you're going to needle that day. I actually use a preservative in my HA serum but it's not necessary if you just make a small amount to use that same day. The preservative I use is Liquid Germall Plus.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
I finally got a chance to use my Derminator for the first time. I started on the backs of my hands to test the depth. As others mentioned, the Derminator is much more aggressive than hand rolling. My first run was with .25 and it drew quite a bit of blood. When I use a hand roller at that length I get no blood. I also tried .50 and that was only marginally more aggressive. I decided to try .25 on my face the first time. My forehead drew blood, but the rest of my face just got red. I used saline to help with glide but I had a fair amount of itching afterwards. Not sure if I want to use saline with a deeper length. I am considering using just plain distilled water next time. With deep needling I don't want to use any products. Any other suggestions? Overall, I am very happy with the device and the ease of use. Much faster, but not certain it is less painful. I did not use numbing cream, and it felt about the same- maybe a bit more painful on forehead.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:07 am      Reply with quote
I can't roll LAA into my skin as it stings like crazy, even in a 5% concentration.
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:36 am      Reply with quote
I still haven't gotten my Derminator. Grrrrr! I ordered on May 30. Owndoc shipped it on June 3. I had a scheduled roll for this weekend because it was the only time I won't see people for a few weeks. I had to use my MyM. Maybe I'll have the Derminator for next time.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
Immacolata you are a wealth of info. I'll give it a try. So anything over 1mm is a medical roll correct? Meaning, I can do a .5mm roll every other day if I want for cosmetic absorption of the serums?
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:48 am      Reply with quote
According to Dr setterfield, however, .5mm roller can be counted as a medical roll, I think there is still a grey area depending upon the professional. Dr setterfield tends towards the more conservative whereas Dr Fernandes is much more aggressive.
I tend towards being more conservative in that I do 6 to 8 week apart aggressive 1 mm rolls with .25 to .75 mm cosmetic rolls 2 x a week in between.

Each their own but this is serious anti ageing treatment and is very long term , so if you are too aggressive the recovery to get over any mistakes can take extremely long and therefore I would veer towards less is more! It is our faces after all Rolling Eyes
Lecture over Bad Grin

Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:43 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |